V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 24, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #12,526 of 23,366
^^^Very nice. Congrats to Val, the Head-Fi community and everybody involved in this thread of course. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 24, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #12,527 of 23,366
Ohhh, that's pretty nice recognition to get there and for a headphone! Should be quite good advertising.

BTW, Is it just me that can't stand the look of the car though? xD

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #12,528 of 23,366

Just ran across these at the 34th street Macy's in NYC.

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #12,529 of 23,366
Quote:
CHECK THIS OUT, THIS THREAD IS MAKING NEWS!

"6 Great Products Designed by the Internet”

http://www.businessinsider.com/6-great-products-designed-by-the-internet-2013-2

This site ranks in the top 600 sites on the entire web with over 3.5 million unique visitors per month!

V-Moda Crossfade M-100 headphones, built by 200 artists and voted on by 10,000 music lovers. V-Moda worked with over 200 audiophiles, editors, artists, DJs and Grammy-winning musicians to create these headphones. And it became a big topic of discussion, generating 10,000 posts and 700 pages on the world’s largest headphone site, Head-Fi, reports Androidspin.com.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/6-great-products-designed-by-the-internet-2013-2#ixzz2Lr5NaSqt

now if only I can get editors to use our name "V-MODA" vs "V-Moda"...  

Sound and Vision said I need to make an acronym yesterday when they visited the office for him to do it, so I said:

"Valentino's or V-Angled  Machines of Designer Acoustics"

-V

Very nice Val! Congratulations to you and V-MODA! All of your hard work is making a difference.
I'm curious to know if you'll be using a similar "semi-open source" product development for future products because I think it is a really unique thing to do. It was quite the experience for us Head-Fiers to be able to provide feedback in order to fine-tune and tweak the M-100's and I wish more companies would do such a thing rather than produce a product they think the customers like.

On other news, my university's Foldit game made in the list too.
^ fun game though and is a good way to pass time XD

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM Post #12,530 of 23,366
Omg I was such a noob. I didn't know that it was suppose to be all caps, and I have been typing it all wrong for years... What shame.

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #12,533 of 23,366
For sale by the store?

No.Val posted a pic of these earlier in the thread. They are limited edition, demo-only units. The headband is made out of denim and the cups are blue. Here are some other pics.

Feb 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #12,535 of 23,366
Very nice Val! Congratulations to you and V-MODA! All of your hard work is making a difference.
I'm curious to know if you'll be using a similar "semi-open source" product development for future products because I think it is a really unique thing to do. It was quite the experience for us Head-Fiers to be able to provide feedback in order to fine-tune and tweak the M-100's and I wish more companies would do such a thing rather than produce a product they think the customers like.

On other news, my university's Foldit game made in the list too.
^ fun game though and is a good way to pass time XD

For amps I'm hoping he 'crowd sources' only for features, functions and ergonomics we'd like to have and looks to the artists/sound engineers/profucers/etc. for the signature they perfer.
There're plenty of knowledgable people on head-fi, but ears are different and what we're used to is different from person to person that there probably won't be a sensible concensus among ourselves. Best trust people who work with music for a living, i think.

Feb 25, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #12,536 of 23,366
Quote:
I just received my m100 yesterday and am really enjoying them so far. I read about how they are small they are when packed, but was still surprised when I saw them. I do notice that the headband seem to twist towards an angle when putting them down instead of being balanced. The right side keeps bending towards the front and it is harder to bend towards the back. Is this how it is suppose to be?

You are talking about when you fold them up right? yea, when you fold em up, it does seem like one side would move forward a bit more than the other. I don't think that would cause any long term issues, and if something does break v-moda is supposed to have pretty legendary customer service :)

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #12,537 of 23,366
Quote:
PPS - DD/XL CUSHION PROMO
I'll also brainstorm a promo for DD/XL cushions for those who want them once they come out, I think I have a good idea that you'll love if you bought an M-100 that makes them "virtually free*".  I'll run some numbers on my idea and update you closer to launch.

-V^V

A discount for the people who are having comfort issues would be awesome, and I would personally really appreciate that! That kind of move would really illustrate how V-moda's customer service is dedicated to the customers!! I would say from my own experience and from reading reviews, the DEPTH seems to be the thing that concerns most people, so I am really rooting for you to get this product perfected.

Also, I really think it is cool that you released the build costs for the Boom Mic Pro. I totally understand that a smaller family business might have trouble cutting costs, and I definitely don't mind if those costs are going into customer service and product development rather than advertising. However, I do believe that by pricing the Boom Mic Pro at $40 would make it difficult to compete or gain a foothold in the gaming market as there are simply so many alternatives at lower price points. Beyond v-moda die-hards, I think it would be hard for the average consumer to stomach dropping $40 for a cable/mic. I do hope that the Boom Mic Pro takes off, so that the price will adjust. If gamers started seeing pros using these at tournaments/MLG, I feel like it would really help introduce a new market segment to your brand, and introduce more people into this audiophile headphone hobby that we share. :)

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:46 AM Post #12,538 of 23,366
Yea depth seems to be the most common issue but some people with larger ears probably can't either fit their ears fully inside so would be good to kill two birds with one stone and make them deeper + sliiiightly bigger inner circumference. I'm sure already a couple millimeters extra innercircumference would be quite enough already.

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM Post #12,540 of 23,366
Quote:
Just take wire and wind it under the pads (like the pt mod untill you get enough depth! It worked great for me, it also gives your ears a little bit more room. I used about 3 coils in each ear.

ooohh... sounds interesting. just like normal wire? how does that give you more depth?? please explain in vivid detail w/ pictures! heh :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back