V-MODA Shield Design Discussion
Oct 23, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #166 of 1,269
Quote:
Here you are: 

Thanks, brah!  It's strange, though.  When I zoom in it has gray outlines/jaggies similar to those that appeared when I attempted a resize.  Perhaps they're a non-issue after all...

By the way, how did our shields turn out?  I don't believe that I've seen pictures posted.

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #167 of 1,269
Quote:

Thanks, brah!  It's strange, though.  When I zoom in it has gray outlines/jaggies similar to those that appeared when I attempted a resize.  Perhaps they're a non-issue after all...

By the way, how did our shields turn out?  I don't believe that I've seen pictures posted.

That's a result of anti-aliasing (slightly blurs the edges so that the image appears less jagged/sharp). The resolution is much larger than the original on the other hand, so if V-MODA were to re-size it to a smaller size, it wouldn't have as much of a jagged edge compared to blowing-up the smaller image (increase the size of the smaller image to size X and you see the grey outlines/jagged edge; but decrease the larger image to size X and you won't have that same issue).

Oct 23, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #168 of 1,269
Quote:

Mine turned out okay - Here is a link.

RE:NDZ / Livetune (The signature is his) - is a Japanese DJ I really respect, and he uses the Vocaloid 2 software "Hatsune Miku" which is the other logo.

Thing is, the matte black doesn't contrast with the white in the way I wanted, because it's a cream white, rather than pure white. But I guess that was because I was looking at the wrong pictures prior to release, and as a result, expecting the wrong thing.

Oct 24, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #169 of 1,269
Quote:
That's a result of anti-aliasing (slightly blurs the edges so that the image appears less jagged/sharp). The resolution is much larger than the original on the other hand, so if V-MODA were to re-size it to a smaller size, it wouldn't have as much of a jagged edge compared to blowing-up the smaller image (increase the size of the smaller image to size X and you see the grey outlines/jagged edge; but decrease the larger image to size X and you won't have that same issue).

Thanks for the explanation.  The auditory arts I get.  The visual arts... well, I like what I like and there isn't much else to mention beyond that.

Quote:
Mine turned out okay - Here is a link.

RE:NDZ / Livetune (The signature is his) - is a Japanese DJ I really respect, and he uses the Vocaloid 2 software "Hatsune Miku" which is the other logo.

Thing is, the matte black doesn't contrast with the white in the way I wanted, because it's a cream white, rather than pure white. But I guess that was because I was looking at the wrong pictures prior to release, and as a result, expecting the wrong thing.

Those look great!  I like how well you used the space available for your design and the logos themselves are slick as well.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #170 of 1,269
Quote:
Those look great!  I like how well you used the space available for your design and the logos themselves are slick as well.

Hahaha - thanks.  I worked for a while on them, I got stupid OCD with the positioning and such. I even asked him for his signature twice, because he changed it slightly recently, and I had to combine the two.

The shields are one of the biggest things compelling me to keep my M-100's, as these M-100's are certifiably "mine" with them on. They're amazing headphones, but I'm not sure if the sound is for me.

Oct 26, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #171 of 1,269
Since everyone else has had a good time posting pics of their shields here's a pic of mine. I'm rather happy with how they turned out

Oct 26, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #173 of 1,269
Quote:

Looking good!  How did the etching turn out on the crock-pattern shields?  Any opacity inconsistencies?

Thanks, overall it turned out very nicely and I have no qualms to post concerning the quality of the etching itself. The only small niggle I could say about my shields art is I would have liked to see it a small touch bigger. Even so I still like what I received.

Oct 28, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #174 of 1,269
Hey i was just looking at the v moda website and there is no crock-pattern option available for the m 100 anymore?? How can i choose this one as the one to have to custom design on ??? Anyone know why they are not an option anymore ? It was there before ?

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #175 of 1,269
They probably are out of stock. If you have your heart set on those shields I would wait I'm sure they'll eventually come back into stock

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #176 of 1,269
Before I start my problems I just want to say that the artwork that has been posted on here is really awesome! You guys are all really good artists. So if one of you could help me out that would be really cool because I am about to throw my computer out a window. The design I am (trying) to make for a pair of m-100's has the Hebrew word Chai on the bottom, which means life, and a swimmer above it. So far i've drawn it out and stuff with no problem but the swimmer is now really blurry and bad around the edges and I can't fix it. I know there was a tutorial posted earlier that was sort of about this but I am still really confused. Im stuck in GIMP right now, so if you could tell me how to do it there that would be great, but if not i'll do it the right way and download photoshop.Ok so whenever I click the button to upload an image i get a message that there was a problem submitting this to the server...so here is a link to my design: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_fPzGMr04fETzB4akliWmpHazQ

Thanks in advance for help...

B.T.W-Can someone post an up-close picture of the gold shields. That is the color I'm leaning towards. I already looked at V-Moda's website but the gold looks a different color there than the (only) one on their FB. (which is kind of a bad picture) 

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #178 of 1,269
Edit: Sorry for double post, dont know what I did and dont know how to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back