V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Apr 22, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #572 of 1,343
I'm having Verza issues and wondering if anyone has any suggestions.  Verza seems to be connecting to my Iphone 4 (I hear and see all the appropriate sounds and lights), but the audio still comes out of my Iphone 4 speakers and no sound from Verza when all indications are it is connected and on.

I tried charging, turning on and off, removing cables, switching levers, etc. but no luck.  Any suggestions? (Already email V-Moda).

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #573 of 1,343
FYI: here is the way in how to check your VAMP / VERZA firmware and hardware version.

1, turn on VAMP / VERZA and connect to your iPhone / iPod.
2 once connected, go to Settings -> General -> About -> V-MODA, then you should be able to see the info. Here is mine.

VAMP:
Firmware 2.0.1; hardware 1.0.0.

VERZA:
Firmware 1.0.0; hardware 1.0.0.

Apr 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #574 of 1,343
Quote:
I'm having Verza issues and wondering if anyone has any suggestions.  Verza seems to be connecting to my Iphone 4 (I hear and see all the appropriate sounds and lights), but the audio still comes out of my Iphone 4 speakers and no sound from Verza when all indications are it is connected and on.

I tried charging, turning on and off, removing cables, switching levers, etc. but no luck.  Any suggestions? (Already email V-Moda).

FALSE ALARM- Verza is fine.  It turns out I needed to reboot my Iphone.

If anyone has a similar connection issue, I would suggest trying this.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #575 of 1,343
So I am new here so what I say will probably be stupid, but has anyone else noticed the resemblance to the Go-Dap 4? Both aesthetically and functionality they seem similar. Even the way some of the functions are implemented seem similar. The charge indicator and the battery indicator look exactly the same. The combo headphone jack/spdif seems the exact same. The switches to change between various charging and sync modes seem to be the same. I just wonder if this is just a Go-Dap 4 in a much better body.

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:15 AM Post #576 of 1,343
Quote:
So I am new here so what I say will probably be stupid, but has anyone else noticed the resemblance to the Go-Dap 4? Both aesthetically and functionality they seem similar. Even the way some of the functions are implemented seem similar. The charge indicator and the battery indicator look exactly the same. The combo headphone jack/spdif seems the exact same. The switches to change between various charging and sync modes seem to be the same. I just wonder if this is just a Go-Dap 4 in a much better body.

Yes, The GoDAP X and Verza are manufactured by the same company but Verza is made with internal and external customized, exclusive enhancements in collaboration with V-Moda.

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #577 of 1,343
Quote:

Verza is made by the same company that made Go-Dap 4. Actually this one is pretty much made-to-order version of Go-Dap X from VentureCraft.

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #578 of 1,343
I had issues running Verza early today. I picked it up from my desk in the morning after being charged and was showing green light. I connected it to my iPod Classic 160GB but it wasn't connecting to it so there was a few blinks but then no steady light. Obviously had issues to connect to it. I did turn it off/on a few times and disconnected from the iPod and tried it with my iphone but same issue. Later I tried it with my Windows PC at work it didn't work either. I gave up and connected it back to my iPod and thought I will bring it back to the store for replacement then it connected to the iPod and working again. Is this a normal behavior? Just trying to find out what it could be? Also I hear a bit of hissing in the background when it is idle. Is that normal? I am using it with a Sennheiser Momentum.

Is there a firmware update out or planned?
Any feedback is appreciated.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #579 of 1,343
Not normal, but I think the latest update on iDevices messed up the VAMP / VERZA.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #580 of 1,343
Wow!  Seems that if you're going to use the Verza to charge your phone you shouldn't expect to listen for very long!  It really sucks the juice out when you switch it to charge mode!  At some point I guess I'll try to do some timed trials starting with a full batter etc... unless someone already has?

Apr 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #581 of 1,343
Quote:
Wow!  Seems that if you're going to use the Verza to charge your phone you shouldn't expect to listen for very long!  It really sucks the juice out when you switch it to charge mode!  At some point I guess I'll try to do some timed trials starting with a full batter etc... unless someone already has?

One of the many things I prefer about Verza over Vamp is the ease of charging my Iphone and Verza separately to run Verza without charging and to maximize battery time.

Apr 25, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #582 of 1,343
Hello all

I have a dap x and I am thinking of getting the output resisters changed as well as the op amp
LM .....

Does anyone know what op amp and output imp the verza has now?

Ty
AL.D.

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #584 of 1,343
Just received my Vamp-V and have a couple of questions.
1). Is the gain switch supposed to be so fully recessed that you need to insert a pin to move it?
2). I'm not understanding the toggle positions of the second switch. To charge the amp, it should be in the lowest position, without the lightning bolt? And is that the same position to charge a device? If so, when do you use the middle position?
Thanks

Apr 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #585 of 1,343
Quote:
Just received my Vamp-V and have a couple of questions.
1). Is the gain switch supposed to be so fully recessed that you need to insert a pin to move it?
2). I'm not understanding the toggle positions of the second switch. To charge the amp, it should be in the lowest position, without the lightning bolt? And is that the same position to charge a device? If so, when do you use the middle position?
Thanks

Yes, the gain switch is supposed to be recessed.  You should only change the gain when it is powered down.  

iSync allows you to sync the iPhone with your computer through the Vamps USB.  

(Lightning) + Vamp is for using the vamp to charge your phone while listening.  

Vamp is just using the Vamp to listen and not charging the phone at the same time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back