V-MODA VAMP VERZA/METALLO: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, Crowdsourcing Ideas
Apr 27, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #586 of 1,343
Thanks!  got that working
when I connect to my Mac using Audirvana, it only recognized the DAC as 16/48.  This doesn't seem right to me.  I'm playing 24/96 AIFF files.  Why am I seeing downsampling?
Thanks!

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #587 of 1,343
Quote:
Thanks!  got that working
when I connect to my Mac using Audirvana, it only recognized the DAC as 16/48.  This doesn't seem right to me.  I'm playing 24/96 AIFF files.  Why am I seeing downsampling?
Thanks!

I might be wrong, but I don't think the VERZA supports 24/96.  I think you should get the AudioQuest DragonFly for that.

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #588 of 1,343
Does anybody know what op amp is in the verza and is it the op amp upgrade that venture craft is offering

AL.D.

Apr 30, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #590 of 1,343
Quote:
Curious as to the status of the LOD connector for the iPhone 5? I know Val said one was in the works, anyone know if it will be available within the next few weeks?

No idea.  I am using the VentureCraft version for now.

May 1, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #592 of 1,343
Does anyone have the Metallo case and can confirm whether or not the headphone jack hole is large enough to fit Shure SE535/425 cable plugs?  It looks a bit small on photos and I am assuming that you cannot, like a rubber case, shave the opening to be bigger.

If I do get it, it won't always be through the Verza so having a small headphone jack may be a problem.

May 1, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #593 of 1,343
You are correct, it will not fit.  I just tested it.  In fact I'm finding very few that will fit.  That hole for the HPO is too small!  It's the only issue I have with the Metallo so far.  

I will get one of those little extensions and keep it in my CIEM case for when I want to plug right into the phone as a work around, but it's going to be a problem when my new cable with microphone and controls arrives!
Quote:
Does anyone have the Metallo case and can confirm whether or not the headphone jack hole is large enough to fit Shure SE535/425 cable plugs?  It looks a bit small on photos and I am assuming that you cannot, like a rubber case, shave the opening to be bigger.

If I do get it, it won't always be through the Verza so having a small headphone jack may be a problem.

May 3, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #595 of 1,343
Quote:
You are correct, it will not fit.  I just tested it.  In fact I'm finding very few that will fit.  That hole for the HPO is too small!  It's the only issue I have with the Metallo so far.  

I will get one of those little extensions and keep it in my CIEM case for when I want to plug right into the phone as a work around, but it's going to be a problem when my new cable with microphone and controls arrives!

Hi

As an alternative to adapter solution you could of course enlarge the hole with a drill or a cutter head, for example with a dremel.

The issue is of course that the blank metal will be visuable in the hole.
I think except for the black colour the orange and red adonizing will be extremely difficult to match with paint. 

It's a bit sad that such a cool product combination, which seem to be really well though trhough, has such kind of constructive issue.

Regards Dirk

May 3, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #596 of 1,343
There is a little room to do that, but not much.  On the back side of the case, because they've gone with some pretty light gage aluminum plate, there is not much meat left to remove without risking cutting through and starting to take away from overall strength.    Keeping the cover light and strong required a small trade off.  

A lot of portables, like the M-80, consider these small case openings (which I don't think are that uncommon) and have connectors that work fine.

Quote:
Hi

As an alternative to adapter solution you could of course enlarge the hole with a drill or a cutter head, for example with a dremel.

The issue is of course that the blank metal will be visuable in the hole.
I think except for the black colour the orange and red adonizing will be extremely difficult to match with paint. 

It's a bit sad that such a cool product combination, which seem to be really well though trhough, has such kind of constructive issue.

Regards Dirk

May 4, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #598 of 1,343
Hi,

I agree it's quite near to one of the edges, therfore it would be neccesay to use a proper tool setup like a drillstand and mabe a jib boring table/machine.

How much dou you thing a proper adapter (good quality) would decrease the sound quality?

Regards Dirk

May 5, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #600 of 1,343
Hey all,

I have had this amp for just over a month now. its great but have decided not completley what i am looking for. I was wondering if any of you guys know about returning to v-moda under their 60day in home audition guarentee? How do you do it? I cant find anything on the website?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back