Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced (September 2023 Update: Limited Reissue Edition up for preorder!)
Mar 19, 2024 at 12:00 PM Post #5,822 of 5,931
I think I'll hijack that transporter. Will post impressions once I am done with the A/B/C..../Z comparison.

Mar 19, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #5,823 of 5,931
Europe to USA
giphy.gif

Mar 19, 2024 at 7:54 PM Post #5,824 of 5,931
I think I'll hijack that transporter. Will post impressions once I am done with the A/B/C..../Z comparison.
You're too late. They're already on the plane flying to the states. :) Hopefully customs will only take a couple days.

Mar 26, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #5,825 of 5,931
The v281 LE is special request Arthur from Power Holdings (US audio store) made to lake people/Violectric. So far its a limited US run. I heard in Europe people can still buy the v281 on some stores. Also, the v281 LE as the other Violectric amps can be set to work for 220v or 110v.
Arthur will ship these units outside of US... its not restricted to US only.

Mar 29, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #5,827 of 5,931
Right. Would definitely feel weird, though, to ship them back to Germany with a nice 19% VAT charge 🙈

Mar 30, 2024 at 9:44 PM Post #5,829 of 5,931
This was the email that I received:

What a crazy long journey this has been! Not one ETA was correct. So many delays. Well, I was informed a couple days ago the V281 will arrive at the warehouse on April 4th. Even shipping and customs took way longer than it should have. I honestly thought everyone would be enjoying their V281 before the months end (March). Maybe that is just the kind of world we now live in where everything is delayed and late? I'm just glad they were sent via air and not on a ship like the one that crashed into the bridge in Baltimore. Someone is not getting their inventory this week!

Since I have no current ETA on the next/last 50 units, my website now reflects the current availability of the first 50 units that have not sold yet. As of today 28 units are still available. Please feel free to share this info online with anyone who might be interested. I know most of you were waiting until they were actually in stock before placing an order. Seeing how long this project took, I can't say I blame anyone for not pre-ordering. lol

For those who did pre-order, thank you so much for your extended patience!​

Mar 31, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #5,830 of 5,931
Finally got a used V281! Will reserve all judgement till my Soekris 2541 DAC comes in, but i''m just glad I can finally stop looking now 🥳
I would be very interested in your experience with this pairing!

Mar 31, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #5,831 of 5,931
I've spent my 3-day holiday weekend researching an upgrade to my current system.

DAC: Topping DX7Pro
AMP: Audio-GD NFB-28 (not using internal DAC, just amp)

Yesterday I thought that search was over, and I backordered the Schiit Mjolnir 3. But I couldn't shake this feeling that it wouldn't be euphonic enough for my tastes. Also considering I just snagged a used Bifrost 2/64 from the Classifieds here. I started to sweat. The last thing I wanted was an overly dry source and amp stage.

During my research over the last few days, I kept being drawn to the V281. It seemed to tick all my boxes. Warm, tube-like sound. Enormous soundstage. Extremely resolving.

So I cancelled my MJ3 order and placed a new one. When my ZMF Atrium's arrive, I should have a system worthy of them. :D

Violectric HPA V281_01.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 4:12 PM Post #5,832 of 5,931
This was the email that I received:

What a crazy long journey this has been! Not one ETA was correct. So many delays. Well, I was informed a couple days ago the V281 will arrive at the warehouse on April 4th. Even shipping and customs took way longer than it should have. I honestly thought everyone would be enjoying their V281 before the months end (March). Maybe that is just the kind of world we now live in where everything is delayed and late? I'm just glad they were sent via air and not on a ship like the one that crashed into the bridge in Baltimore. Someone is not getting their inventory this week!​

Since I have no current ETA on the next/last 50 units, my website now reflects the current availability of the first 50 units that have not sold yet. As of today 28 units are still available. Please feel free to share this info online with anyone who might be interested. I know most of you were waiting until they were actually in stock before placing an order. Seeing how long this project took, I can't say I blame anyone for not pre-ordering. lol​

For those who did pre-order, thank you so much for your extended patience!​

What does he mean by "actually in stock?" He says 28 units reflect the "current availability." But they're not actually in stock?

Color me confused.

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:15 PM Post #5,834 of 5,931
What does he mean by "actually in stock?" He says 28 units reflect the "current availability." But they're not actually in stock?

Color me confused.
50 units arrived from Germany recently. About half of those were on pre-order and will be fulfilled. You're good to get one of the first 50 that arrived. Another 50 will be built later on subsequent shipments and that will be the last of the V281's to be made.
I'm saving up for one of these as well. I already have the V222 which is awesome so I don't need the V281 anytime soon but will not let the opportunity pass since it is the last offering from the Lake People/Violectric team.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #5,835 of 5,931
I've spent my 3-day holiday weekend researching an upgrade to my current system.

DAC: Topping DX7Pro
AMP: Audio-GD NFB-28 (not using internal DAC, just amp)

Yesterday I thought that search was over, and I backordered the Schiit Mjolnir 3. But I couldn't shake this feeling that it wouldn't be euphonic enough for my tastes. Also considering I just snagged a used Bifrost 2/64 from the Classifieds here. I started to sweat. The last thing I wanted was an overly dry source and amp stage.

During my research over the last few days, I kept being drawn to the V281. It seemed to tick all my boxes. Warm, tube-like sound. Enormous soundstage. Extremely resolving.

So I cancelled my MJ3 order and placed a new one. When my ZMF Atrium's arrive, I should have a system worthy of them. :D

Violectric HPA V281_01.jpg

You just did a very smart thing! Easy prediction: you'll love the sound of the amp/preamp.

Don't forget to burn it in. With a powerful SS amp/preamp, burn-in is for real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back