Who has an iriver H1xx and an dac or amp that shows the bitrate of the optical SPDIF input?
Sep 30, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #16 of 17
Resurrecting an old thread, but a word of caution to anyone else who may have interest in this subject: Avoid the Rockbox developers.  They're shockingly rude.

After chiming in on a recently revived thread about hi-res files, and mentioning that I did hear some differences between a 24/96 file on Rockbox and a resampled and dithered redbook version of the same tune, I received startlingly rude treatment and my posts were deleted, followed by direct messages that were quite disrespectful.

Whether it's just the developer forum or what, I don't know, but good god I'm stunned by the discourtesy.  Maybe I'm just used to friendlier communities.  I tried to back up what the developers were saying, and I got treated like an idiot.  NOT a friendly place.  Avoid them.

A pity, too, since it's a wonderful piece of software.  Ah well.  But yeah, given the option between playing hi-res files on a Rockboxed player and a 16/44 version, stick with the 16/44.

Sep 30, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #17 of 17
They are not rude. They just look down on people and it is part of their dna. Rockbox sounds like c3ap anyway. I say, stay away from that wannabe firmware.

Quote:
Resurrecting an old thread, but a word of caution to anyone else who may have interest in this subject: Avoid the Rockbox developers.  They're shockingly rude.

After chiming in on a recently revived thread about hi-res files, and mentioning that I did hear some differences between a 24/96 file on Rockbox and a resampled and dithered redbook version of the same tune, I received startlingly rude treatment and my posts were deleted, followed by direct messages that were quite disrespectful.

Whether it's just the developer forum or what, I don't know, but good god I'm stunned by the discourtesy.  Maybe I'm just used to friendlier communities.  I tried to back up what the developers were saying, and I got treated like an idiot.  NOT a friendly place.  Avoid them.

A pity, too, since it's a wonderful piece of software.  Ah well.  But yeah, given the option between playing hi-res files on a Rockboxed player and a 16/44 version, stick with the 16/44.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back