Word Clock for Esoteric DAC?
Feb 14, 2011 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

googleli

Headphoneus Supremus
Recently got the Esoteric D-07. Want to get a word clock but the Esoteric one is simply too expensive. Is there any third party word clock out there which supports Esoteric transports and/or DACs? Many thanks.

Feb 14, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #2 of 25
Antelope Audio supposedly makes some of the best.  But getting a master clock will not necessarily improve on what's already inside your unit, and according to real world tests make it perform worse, unless you are using your DAC in a studio and have lots of other gear in the chain.  The best way to improve the clock performance is to upgrade the clock inside your unit.

Feb 19, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 25
A good master world clock will cost you like a very good DAC with clock in the same unit. Maybe you can check out the Apogee, and/or the RME.

Just out of curiosity, why you need a master clock?

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #4 of 25
Given the exuberant price of a good clock, doesn't it become cost effective to explore a one box design like the k03? It did sound better than the p05-d05 to my ears. The usb input goes to 192kHz.

Nov 8, 2011 at 9:25 AM Post #5 of 25
Now being the owner of the K-01, I would like to revive this thread. In Hong Kong audio forums people boast about the improvements a clock can make, even on one box players like the K-01. But from here and Audiogon, the consensus seems to be that the effect of a word clock on one box players is next to, if not nil. Really confused here - maybe I should get a loaner to audition. Anyone else?

Nov 9, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #6 of 25
The clocks in even the cheapest high-run production units are exceedingly precise - the clock in your esoteric probably loses 1 bit every week, LITERALLY. 

there is no way this is audible

Nov 10, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #8 of 25
Hey googleli, well casea.eu is doing many modifications. People send them cd players for upgrades etc.. and in past somebody on our czech forum compared Esoteric D50 against CD player with Sirius 2. And CD player with Sirius 2 simply outperform it. So they have a lot of experiences and now they are doing synchro clocks for Sirius 2 = Cepheus mk2. But I don't know if they are selling clock modul as separate product. Contact them and talk what you exactly want, they are very helpful. 

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #9 of 25
So are these clock modules built internally into the player or external clocks connected via BNC cables to CD players? Thanks.

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:31 AM Post #10 of 25
If you saw the Sirius Synchro on their web. The clock modul is up on the left. It is definitely internal. I am sure you want external so it was the reason why I wrote you write them. Because this is probably only one quality clock for decent price and maybe a few others diy but I don't know.

Nov 10, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #11 of 25
I believe the K-01 internal clock is pretty decent... I would not risk opening up my K-01 and do some DIY stuff in there which I am not even sure will be an upgrade... It may well be an upgrade on the D50 but doubt if it can better the internal clock of my Esoteric flagship... I might consider that if I still use the D-07, but no way I am going to mess with my K-01.

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #12 of 25
Of course
bigsmile_face.gif
 me no too. But a little misunderstand Sirius 2 is upgrade for cheaper CD players it dont need clocks because it is already include. The Synchro is for external DAC Sirius 2.
I more thought that maybe they can create external version of their clock on order. But maybe I just telking stupidity I am not designer or constructer if it is real. You have to talk with them.

Nov 10, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #13 of 25
If external clock really matters, the only clocks I would consider are the Esoteric, G-0Rb,  the Antelope Trinity and Antelope 10M clocks...

Nov 10, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #14 of 25

Quote:
Recently got the Esoteric D-07. Want to get a word clock but the Esoteric one is simply too expensive. Is there any third party word clock out there which supports Esoteric transports and/or DACs? Many thanks.

Check  out the ARTsyncGEN. But, why do you need one? Do you have a sync problem, that's to say, are you hearing pops while recording or distributing your digital output. Another solution is a V-LINK. Either of these solutions are only about $100.00US.

Nov 10, 2011 at 8:44 AM Post #15 of 25

Quote:
Check  out the ARTsyncGEN. But, why do you need one? Do you have a sync problem, that's to say, are you hearing pops while recording or distributing your digital output. Another solution is a V-LINK. Either of these solutions are only about $100.00US.

If you want to sell googleli on something, you'd better add a couple of zeros to the price tag, else it won't even come under his radar :wink:.

Googleli: forget about about the external clock, just upgrade to a P02/D02 already... I heard it at the Tokyo audio show last week, it was pretty magical :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back