xDSD Gryphon: birth of a ‘head-fi’ legend
Nov 5, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #31 of 3,839
Have you heard the iDSD or iCAN? They are fabulous units, which pretty much set the benchmark for the mid-tier DAC/amp segment when they came out. If this is an all-in-one and at that price it will be a top notch product.

Hype train or not, iFi has proven to put out some pretty darn good equipment at this level and up.
Absolutely, one of the cleanest sounding portable AMPs and the best BASS boost implementation in the game.

Nov 5, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #32 of 3,839
Correct. There will be no successor or V2 to this for quite some time - and I can confirm that straight out.

Take how long the xDSD and xCAN lasted as an example!

We do not share that information publicly as we encourage people to think about implementation before thinking about the chip.
What is the approximate battery run time, especially when running Bluetooth input?

EDIT: I found that the specs state 8 hours. It doesn't state what mode is used to calculate this run time.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #36 of 3,839
Looks like a promising AIO . My main concern is if the volume controls will allow for very low volume listening without channel imbalance and without having to engage the IEMatch- might be worth replacing my idsd BL for that ability.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #37 of 3,839
Looks like a promising AIO . My main concern is if the volume controls will allow for very low volume listening without channel imbalance and without having to engage the IEMatch- might be worth replacing my idsd BL for that ability.
If it is using chip based attenuations, then sure

Nov 5, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #38 of 3,839

My experience of IC controlled volume is that, depending on the design, it can still be quite loud at the lowest setting, so it's not a given.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #39 of 3,839
We do not share that information publicly as we encourage people to think about implementation before thinking about the chip.

Lol mate, but you use the word 'BurrBrown' in all marketing materials left and right, so the people DO think about the chip (because you are teasing) before implementation.
Also photo on product page shows it quite clearly.
1636132047596.png

I have question about Bluetooth implementation -I see it uses same IC as ifi Go blu? Is the Bluetooth implementation fixed as it is seriously bad and flawed as in the GO blu?
(not trolling here, I'm genuinely interested in this product but got burned by GO blu)

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #40 of 3,839
Lol mate, but you use the word 'BurrBrown' in all marketing materials left and right, so the people DO think about the chip (because you are teasing) before implementation.
1636132047596.png

I have question about Bluetooth implementation -I see it uses same IC as ifi Go blu? Is the Bluetooth implementation fixed as it is seriously bad and flawed with the Go?
(not trolling here, I'm genuinely interested in this product but got burned by GO blue)
What was the problem with your Go and the Bluetooth ? Mine works flawlessly

Nov 5, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #41 of 3,839
1636132047596.png

I have question about Bluetooth implementation -I see it uses same IC as ifi Go blu? Is the Bluetooth implementation fixed as it is seriously bad and flawed with the Go?
(not trolling here, I'm genuinely interested in this product but got burned by GO blue)
Bad for your usage maybe but good for mine...so maybe not flawed as you suggest.

Nov 5, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #42 of 3,839
What was the problem with your Go and the Bluetooth ? Mine works flawlessly
Subpar range easily affected with palm of hand - thats one of the examples. If you check the GO thread I'm not the only one with BT issues along with other problems.

Bad for your usage maybe but good for mine...so maybe not flawed as you suggest.

BT usage is BT usage, there shouldnt be anything strange with mine - connecting to Android TV box, Android phone or Win10 laptop. So suggesting that there is something wrong with my 'usage' is silly mate.

And please, do not say 1m of range is fine for BT range, it is not. Bad range casues not only short range but also bandwidth issues.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #43 of 3,839
Do u need this for iem ? Of go blu is enough?

I use Diablo for IEM in Eco mode :wink:

It's up to you! The Gryphon is so flexible and I think that's one of it's strongest value adds to your setup.

There is no channel imbalance on this unit - it uses a step ladder volume control.

I have question about Bluetooth implementation -I see it uses same IC as ifi Go blu? Is the Bluetooth implementation fixed as it is seriously bad and flawed as in the GO blu?
(not trolling here, I'm genuinely interested in this product but got burned by GO blu)

Yes, we are quite proud of our chips and our relationship with Burr Brown. What I meant was in relationship to specifically the exact chip model.

You can always find it if you know where to look.

I have had no trouble with the connection with the Gryphon unit I have had for the past some time. It's been excellent with zero dropouts.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #45 of 3,839
Subpar range easily affected with palm of hand - thats one of the examples. If you check the GO thread I'm not the only one with BT issues along with other problems.

BT usage is BT usage, there shouldnt be anything strange with mine - connecting to Android TV box, Android phone or Win10 laptop. So suggesting that there is something wrong with my 'usage' is silly mate.

And please, do not say 1m of range is fine for BT range, it is not. Bad range casues not only short range but also bandwidth issues.
'Mate'. I didn't say anywhere that anything was wrong or strange with your usage and I also didn't say that 1m was fine. For the record I get 2-3m of range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back