YoTank Imod case almost here
May 31, 2007 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

Boleman

MOT: YoTank
Hey guys, heres an official update. The bottoms of the cases for the iTank 4G Photo are at the engraver right now and the tops are being machined. The cases should be here by early next week. We will have silver ones available that day and black ones about a week-a week and a half later. Here is what they look like:

iPodPhotoFront.jpg

and the top cut out for the hold and head phone jack look like this:

iPodPhototop.jpg

May 31, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 64
How about the bottom? Specially with the new 5 and 5.5 iMods that would use a dock out.

The finish looks to be between a brush finish like on the LaRocco PRII and one where it has been lighly polished. Which one is it? Thanks.

May 31, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #4 of 64
I noticed on the Yotank website that they only sell their products to the US.
Do they ship internationally?
If not all the waitingwould be in vain
frown.gif

May 31, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 64
They will all be polished to a mirror like finish (keep in mind it was just a prototype) or black anodized.

And yes we do ship all over the world, im actually not quite sure why the site says that.. I'll have to check into it.

May 31, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #6 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They will all be polished to a mirror like finish (keep in mind it was just a prototype) or black anodized.

And yes we do ship all over the world, im actually not quite sure why the site says that.. I'll have to check into it.

Will they be able to fit the iMod 5g inside with the ALO Dock attached?

May 31, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #8 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will they be able to fit the iMod 5g inside with the ALO Dock attached?

this is for the 4G photo, but our other cases we sell fit the 5G imod, you just need to let us know you need the bottom port customized for the ALO plugs.

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #10 of 64
It looks sweet!!!

If you know, what is the status of the RWA Mod 4G YoTank case?
Can the black ones/RWA iMod ones be pre-ordered?

I can't remember if I read it, but what is the price(s) for the 4G cases?

Is custom engraving an option? If so how much?

Jun 1, 2007 at 2:52 AM Post #11 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I see, I was hoping for a brush finished so it would match the LaRocco PRII.
frown.gif

Jun 1, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #15 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why? They are lined with felt to prevent scratches, and it seems to me being run over by a car and emerging unscathed would prove its dedication to durability.

but if it falls down, the unbendable shell will do everything but help the HDD etc if that happens... basic science, this is why cars are built so if they crash, they are to give up to the impact and the front is supposed to fold together in a zigzag pattern to make the deceleration as long as possible. dont remember the formulas for it, had it in physics, but generally its the same as breaking slowly vs breaking hard, the latter will give you much more of a shock since the deceleration is sudden. and really, whats more likely, the player falling down or the player being run over by a car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back