CanJam London 2024 (July 20-21, 2024)
May 6, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #33 of 50
For any first time attendees, you'd be shocked how fast the two days flies by. I usually spend a couple hours before I leave to create a doc with all the vendors and products I want to listen to. This then also gives me an editable impressions doc to store my next bank breaking purchase priorities in. 😂

May 6, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #35 of 50
It’s a bit earlier this year. Gutted that I am already booked for something else for the Saturday, but I’ll likely attend the Sunday.

May 6, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #36 of 50
Will there be any quiet rooms?

May 6, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #37 of 50
For any first time attendees, you'd be shocked how fast the two days flies by. I usually spend a couple hours before I leave to create a doc with all the vendors and products I want to listen to. This then also gives me an editable impressions doc to store my next bank breaking purchase priorities in. 😂
You give the impression of being an engineer. :relaxed:

May 6, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #38 of 50
You know, I actually have no idea! :smiley: Based on what I know of new gear launch schedules tho, I'd say probably around the same as what we've been doing?

Now SoCal... I can already feel the future stress from that preview video now! :open_mouth:
So SoCal video will have an intermission. Like movies of old :laughing:

snacks.gif

May 6, 2024 at 9:42 PM Post #39 of 50
May 11, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #44 of 50
No Ifi Audio this year? 😢
They were super helpful last year with an engineer helping to sort out issues on some older gear.

They're still not sure whether they are going to do the show, but I did say they should and that people would love to see them there - I'm really hoping they decide to book a table.

May 11, 2024 at 9:40 AM Post #45 of 50
I really don't need to buy more gear after kitting out my return-to-the-office desk with a pair of Focal Celestees and an Astell &Kern ACRO CA1000 (unbeatable £550 deal on Amazon Prime Day). Might drop by the Qobuz stand and commend them on holding fast against the MQA scam.

Roon is not listed as an exhibitor unlike a year or two ago, I'm interested in what their plans are post Samsung acquisition, where Samsung stated in-car entertainment would be a big focus. I'd prefer the ability to sync a second Roon server for the office from the primary, as well as a solution for mobile that works even when you don't have a good connection (not to mention Roon ARC is atrocious to setup when you have a CGNAT connection, even if you are a qualified network engineer), but of course a solution that works for the former would also work in-car.

It's always nice to see Jude and Aseem Hussain of Hifonix, the engineering-oriented seminars are usually very informative, more so than the more obviously marketing ones. Note to the organizers: why not have a musician like Alessandro Contini do one for a change?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back