Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread
May 16, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #1,682 of 1,686
I've had zero problems with the USBH input from a Windows 10 Computer.
yeah, I do have a feeling it's because I was passing it through a thunderbolt 4 dock -- but I'm not willing to give up the convenience. I can't notice a difference between coax and USBH anyway

May 16, 2024 at 8:07 PM Post #1,684 of 1,686
The 4 dock is likely the issue.
I use an src-dx ddc to the coax input. I had the odd loss of handshake on the usb when rates switched from hqplayer. I do not use an amp as there are space limitations on the night stand.

May 17, 2024 at 5:58 AM Post #1,685 of 1,686
Old school usb, since it’s in my servers “pocket” and TT galvanized hd port, plus I use Phoenix usb regenerator reclocker, then xlr to wa33 elite with takatsuki tube upgrade, and this 10 year old midfi dac keeps scaling each time. I know in brain there’s better dacs out there I guess but fwack.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #1,686 of 1,686
The Aurouasound HEADA headphone amp arrived today. Started listening. It's early evaluation, but initial impressions are very positive. In the process of evaluating the single ended input vs. the XLR input from the TT. The RCA input is actually slightly louder, which surprised me a bit. The RCA seems to have slightly more sibilance. Between the two, so far, the XLR seems like a better match between the TT and the Aurouasound.

The HEDA is a great sounding headphone amp. I had hoped it would improve the sound from the headphones. The improvement far exceeded my expectations. The HEADA can drive just about all the headphones on the market. No issues driving the Abyss 1266, for example. I found a review video on the HEADA, where fellow Head-Fi member Currawong provided some background on the HEADA came to be. The design incorporates the ability to drive a wide variety of headphones, from 16 to 600 ohms. The Ultrasone 15's are very picky with the headphone amp driving them. With the right amp, ( The HEADA is on the list), they sound amazing.

The TT/Aurouasound combination is excellent. A significant and worthwhile improvement to the TT playback setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back