Dethonray Listening M1 - Compact desktop DAC/Amp Discussion + Impression thread
May 18, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #121 of 141
Not only do the higher end IEMs sound excellent with the M1, but this kind of inexpensive earbud also presents an superb sound that far exceeds its price tag under the M1, anyone on this budget should definitely give it a try. Happy weekend everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_2328 copy.jpg
    IMG_2328 copy.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 0
May 18, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #122 of 141
Not only do the higher end IEMs sound excellent with the M1, but this kind of inexpensive earbud also presents an superb sound that far exceeds its price tag under the M1, anyone on this budget should definitely give it a try. Happy weekend everyone!
Happy weekend to you

and yes, it's better than having a chunky TOTL DAP, for me I never take them out so the purpose of portability nullifies for DAP and M1 definitely has better SQ

May 18, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #123 of 141
Tonight, I carefully compared the HD580 and HD490p. The soundstage of HD490P is wider than that of HD580, and the extension of treble is also better. It also has more mid and low frequencies, so the sound is fuller than HD580. In comparison, HD580 is actually more like a monitor headphone.Therefore, for albums focusing on vocals, I prefer to use HD580, while for Rock and Jazz, HD490P is better.

HD580_HD490P.jpg

May 18, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #124 of 141
Headphone paired with M1, it seems like Pandora's box has been opened! lol

May 19, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #125 of 141
After burning in for around 50 hours, the M1 has improved on all fronts. It has become more transparent, smoother, more detailed and presenting music is more effortless. It is tough to go back to just playing music through DAPs now as I know how much I will be missing. The M1 simply has the ability to bring you closer to the music.

To be honest, every time I look at this small piece of equipment, it just feels that it should not cost so much given its size. However, once I put on my iems, it will convince me that I had made the right choice purchasing the M1 instead of the Shanling M9 Plus which I almost bought :)

May 19, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #126 of 141
After burning in for around 50 hours, the M1 has improved on all fronts. It has become more transparent, smoother, more detailed and presenting music is more effortless. It is tough to go back to just playing music through DAPs now as I know how much I will be missing. The M1 simply has the ability to bring you closer to the music.

To be honest, every time I look at this small piece of equipment, it just feels that it should not cost so much given its size. However, once I put on my iems, it will convince me that I had made the right choice purchasing the M1 instead of the Shanling M9 Plus which I almost bought :)
If you have used the SG1 gold and DTR1+, you might have a better understanding of how incredible sound can be achieved in the extreme small size! The M1 is just an extension of this design concept to a higher level and expands the target from IEM to full size headphone. :beerchug:

May 19, 2024 at 8:12 PM Post #127 of 141
I don't own SG1 gold and DTR1+, but I owned Honey H1 and DTR1. Indeed, Dethonray has always been able to create wonderful equipment in small package! Even then, M1 has exceeded my expectations.

May 19, 2024 at 10:11 PM Post #128 of 141
This thing for real? Overall design screams it's a $45 knockoff chinese product (even that's an understatement) - for starters the shape of that volume knob... like seriously?? looks downright dreadful - also the colour on that volume knob needs to be matte black/silver - that gold colour had to be one of the worst options.. Also that logo thing on the top needs to be removed completely. These are just the most obvious flaws - not even going to mention the font for that "listening m1" inscription and the overall look of that gain knob. You can't seriously put out a design like this and then put 2.5k msrp on it
I just bought this unit based solely on its looks. Just beautiful.

May 21, 2024 at 5:33 AM Post #129 of 141
I just bought this unit based solely on its looks. Just beautiful.
In fact, the design and craftsmanship of the M1 are considered quite exquisite in the HiFi industry, but most photos are unable to showcase the metal texture of the M1. The smoothness of the aluminum alloy surface and the texture of the golden parts can only be felt and truly experienced when you have the M1 in hand.

May 27, 2024 at 7:02 AM Post #134 of 141
I received the M1 today, much smaller than I imagined. Compared to the AT-HA5000, it is less than half the size, a true mini desktop AMP. :smile:

5K.jpg
Awesome, welcome to the club

Users who are viewing this thread

Back