Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 4, 2024 at 3:03 PM Post #62,431 of 62,661
Interesting, why do it then? Just a money grab, I’ve moved to classical for a while, I’m done rebuying albums I’ve bought 3-4 times already 😜
Darko did a good video on the curse of the remastered .... typically they're compressed to all hell in the remastering so you end up losing so much of the dynamics and subtlety in the ever worsening curse of loudness

May 4, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #62,432 of 62,661
OMG got in some Azla Sedna earfit max tips for my AirPods Pro 2 and the sound quality is so much better and they’re more comfortable too. Bass really improved. My jaw was on the floor during Ashes by Celine Dion…

May 4, 2024 at 4:38 PM Post #62,433 of 62,661
Btw, goodwill stores were a great source of CD’s at one time.. Slim pickings now unfortunately…
A ton at my local goodwill. Nobody wants them lol

May 4, 2024 at 4:40 PM Post #62,434 of 62,661
Biggest problem with rock in general and classic rock even more is getting enough bass. A lot of the recordings are old now and definitely sound lean in the bass department.
KZ Symphony. Those things have legit subwoofers in them. I don’t listen to metal but I tried a few tracks with them and they sound mindblowing compared to other earbuds. (Use one of the AZ Bluetooth adaptors from KZ and triple click the left earbud for full power mode. Ample power for the planar driver and even more bass!)
Now I can’t recommend the Symphony for many other genres though because the bass can be bloated and the vocals sometimes sound thin.

Last edited:
May 4, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #62,435 of 62,661
OMG got in some Azla Sedna earfit max tips for my AirPods Pro 2 and the sound quality is so much better and they’re more comfortable too. Bass really improved. My jaw was on the floor during Ashes by Celine Dion…
I use the non-max variety on most of my IEM's --- they're so much better for me at creating a true seal without pressure because of the latex design don't slip -- although after a long listening session they can feel a bit like they're pulling out your whole ear :D :D :D

May 4, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #62,436 of 62,661
I have the compete AZLA range including the new Foamax so just the newer Xelastec2 I am missing,

The MAX and MAX ASMR do not give me as good a passive seal as they are less dense/softer like Spinfits but suit some of the Shell style earbuds (which dig into me) for my ears anyway.

Ideally I prefer the Crystals (both Standard and TWS models) but not suitable for all charging cases like the new Cambridge Audio M100.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #62,437 of 62,661
KZ Symphony. Those things have legit subwoofers in them. I don’t listen to metal but I tried a few tracks with them and they sound mindblowing compared to other earbuds. (Use one of the AZ Bluetooth adaptors from KZ and triple click the left earbud for full power mode. Ample power for the planar driver and even more bass!)
Now I can’t recommend the Symphony for many other genres though because the bass can be bloated and the vocals sometimes sound thin.
Thank you for that last sentence .. I was very tempted once more to get YET ANOTHER KZ :) nope nope nope .. have enough and barely ever listen to them anymore ... I have planar in my ZX1 :)

May 5, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #62,438 of 62,661
Well, I finally saw a price point to make me take the plunge on a pair of WF-1000XM5. Amazon Canada warehouse for $290 with is $60 cheaper then the current sale price here in Canada.

I keep listening to the sound samples from Aaron X Loud and they just sound like they hit a sweetness I know I will like.

Went Amazon warehouse, so I can return them of they don't fit well or I have serious buyers remorse.

I also figure if I keep them, then change my mind, selling Sony is generally pretty easy.

Will see how they stack against the Jabra Elite 10, my current favorite all round TWS.

May 5, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #62,439 of 62,661
I'm still hoping someone can briefly compare the aviot zx1, mystique, triumph, and the prestige for the hell of it!Someone offered me used prestige for a great price (little bit past my budget but it's very compelling).

With mystique and triumph so close in price, I might just eliminate the mystique. Ten bucks is nothing.

May 6, 2024 at 7:23 AM Post #62,440 of 62,661
Just got email back from Sennheiser about my MTW3 that i sent in a week ago since i chased them to see what the turnaround time might be --- seems they'll be 4-6 weeks before they're even assessed!
Not impressive in the slightest

May 6, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #62,441 of 62,661
Just got email back from Sennheiser about my MTW3 that i sent in a week ago since i chased them to see what the turnaround time might be --- seems they'll be 4-6 weeks before they're even assessed!
Not impressive in the slightest
There is another link for servicing. It was very quick for me. I got brand new mtw4 just a week after sending in my mtw3 for service.

https://spares.sennheiser-hearing.com/catalog/product/509180-mtw3-black

I get the feeling they don't advertise it openly. I saw it posted on reddit so I went through that link. It seems to bypass their customer support, which takes a long time to respond. This link is essentially a self-service and much quicker. Hopefully, it will help others.

May 6, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #62,442 of 62,661
LG T90S (note the s)!

All Spec​

SOUND SOLUTION​

• ANC
    Yes
  • Ambient Mode
    Yes
  • Talk Thru
    Yes
  • # of Mic

EQ​

• Meridian Sound Effect
    Yes
  • Meridian EQ (Natural, Immersive)
    Yes
  • LG EQ
    Yes
  • Customised EQ
    Yes
  • Dolby Atmos
    Yes
  • 3D Sound Stage
    Yes

AUDIO CODEC​

• apt-X Adaptive
    Yes
  • SBC
    Yes
  • AAC
    Yes

CONNECTIVITY​

• BLE
    Yes
  • Google Fast Pair Service
    Yes
  • Bluetooth Version

BATTERY LIFE (HRS)​

• Earbuds (ANC off)
  • Total (Earbuds+Charging Case)

CHARGING TIME (HRS)​

• Charging Case
  • Earbuds

CONVENIENCE​

• Multipoint
    Yes
  • Multi Paring
    Yes
  • Swift Pair
    Yes
  • Fast Charging
    Yes
  • Wireless Charging
    Yes
  • Voice command (Google assistant, Siri)
    Yes
  • Water/Splashproof
    IPX4
  • UVnano
    Yes
  • Plug&Wireless
    Yes

https://www.lg.com/uk/wireless-earbuds/tone-free/tone-t90s/
Good spot !
Great earbuds picked these up the other day.
It also appears as though the charging case enables aptx adaptative if you are using a phone (samsung or google for example) that does not support it

May 6, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #62,444 of 62,661
There is another link for servicing. It was very quick for me. I got brand new mtw4 just a week after sending in my mtw3 for service.

https://spares.sennheiser-hearing.com/catalog/product/509180-mtw3-black

I get the feeling they don't advertise it openly. I saw it posted on reddit so I went through that link. It seems to bypass their customer support, which takes a long time to respond. This link is essentially a self-service and much quicker. Hopefully, it will help others.
That was the link i used once i got a reply from their regular customer service saying nothing other than pointing me at the link.... sent the buds in a week ago once they'd replied to original case which took them almost 3 weeks to reply with that link

May 6, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #62,445 of 62,661
Good spot !
Great earbuds picked these up the other day.
It also appears as though the charging case enables aptx adaptative if you are using a phone (samsung or google for example) that does not support it
Do we know if Adaptive goes up to lossless tho?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back