Topping A90
Feb 20, 2021 at 3:49 PM Post #1,096 of 1,442
It was used just a bit so almost new since it was bought in August 2020 and he sold it to me around September or so. I could open it, but I will try to get in touch with the local dealer, as I said, i found the invoice. Not the warranty paper itself which usually is required, it should have the matching serial number.
The most upsetting is the loss of headphones, maybe I could also replace the driver, both of them actually.
Can you take some photos of the burnt part of the circuit board ??

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:06 AM Post #1,097 of 1,442
Be aware :slight_frown:today my A90 fried itself and it is useless now. The smell of burned circuits... even now after one hour i sense it.
But this is not all, it also broke the headphones i was listening, fostex th909 :sob: at one moment suddenly started to hear some buzzes, clicks and snaps, now the left driver is dead, right driver sounds bad too. even the 4.4mm jack was smelling also.
So be warned. i had it with topping, too bad, i was enjoying it. Hopefully the dac is ok,didn't tested it yet but it was still up and no smell.
Hope it's still under warranty and you can swap it for a new one. If not, then please open it up and do some pics for the eternity's sake.

Feb 21, 2021 at 2:11 AM Post #1,098 of 1,442
Any piece of electronic equipment can develop a fault and break. This is not limited to Chinese products or headphone amplifiers.
Correct, of course, but this is why cars have breaks with failover mechanisms, like every amp should have a protection for DC on outputs. The output protection of A90 should operate when a catastrophic event appears, I wonder why it didn't kicked in this time. :frowning2:

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #1,100 of 1,442
Funny coincidence, my A90 went kaput yesterday. It developed this loud crackling and popping on all outputs at any gain and volume, whether it's connected to a source or not.

I purchased mine on October 2020 from Amazon (shipped by Amazon but the seller is Aoshida HiFi-US). I contacted the seller to see about warranty service since Topping advises to contact the seller first. I got a timely reply but they ask for some weird stuff like to take a video and send it to them. Video of what? It's an audio defect. My detailed description should be enough. We'll see how it goes.

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #1,101 of 1,442
Funny coincidence, my A90 went kaput yesterday. It developed this loud crackling and popping on all outputs at any gain and volume, whether it's connected to a source or not.

I purchased mine on October 2020 from Amazon (shipped by Amazon but the seller is Aoshida HiFi-US). I contacted the seller to see about warranty service since Topping advises to contact the seller first. I got a timely reply but they ask for some weird stuff like to take a video and send it to them. Video of what? It's an audio defect. My detailed description should be enough. We'll see how it goes.
chinese commerce require a video to show the problem, to start with. topping is chinese. if the video is not send, problem finished for them. if video is sent, step two... :wink:

Feb 21, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #1,102 of 1,442
chinese commerce require a video to show the problem, to start with. topping is chinese. if the video is not send, problem finished for them. if video is sent, step two... :wink:
Well damn, good to know. I guess I'll show them a video of the A90 just sitting there. Maybe I can catch a popping or two from my headphone in the video. :smile:

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #1,109 of 1,442

Hey there, could you maybe also provide us with the Serial Number of your Amp?

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #1,110 of 1,442
Hey there, could you maybe also provide us with the Serial Number of your Amp?
Here you go

a90_sn.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back