Ferrum WANDLA - Impressions Thread
May 10, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #1,036 of 1,181
I am probably the most critical of everyone here on Head Fi......about this WANDLA Golden Sound Edition today in Munich

STRONG BUY❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗❗
👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
UNBELIVABLE👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I can't put it into words....I am speechless 😎
(Even the head acoustician at AA was amazed😂)

NOMAX

PS.lol
Now, that’s some proper hype! Yaaaay! :) ❗

May 10, 2024 at 9:38 PM Post #1,037 of 1,181
It's a great thing to see DSP slowly appearing in the personal audio space. Clearly we have some of blue-chip companies that have offered DSP for years now, such as Weiss Engineering.

In the near to mid-term I wonder how AI will be able to make rudimentary algorithms more available to other digital designers for this purpose. Clearly legacy algorithms and work in this field will be closely guarded. Proprietary work and intellectual property. I can see companies using the last 40 years worth of work in the field and adding into it AI and coming up with ideas and products and advancements in the field of DSP that we can't even imagine at the moment. It's a great moment in time.

I hope to hear this DAC the Golden Sound version at some point soon. Maybe this summer if not then at Can Jam SoCal 2024 for sure. I need an DAC upgrade for my Chord Qutest on a secondary speaker system. This is on my shortlist of DACs to audition.

May 11, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #1,038 of 1,181
I am probably the most critical of everyone here on Head Fi......about this WANDLA Golden Sound Edition today in Munich

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍
UNBELIVABLE👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

I can't put it into words....I am speechless 😎
(Even the head acoustician at AA was amazed😂)

NOMAX

PS.lol
That's exciting my GSE is on order, and I'm told should be with me soon. I ordered based on home demo of the OG version. Hopefully get it about the same time as my SJY audio Horizons arrive. Fun times ahead.

May 11, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #1,039 of 1,181
For anyone at Munich wanting to try it, there's a couple Wandla GoldenSound editions at the Ferrum booth and another in the Meze Booth in the headphone hall!
(possibly more elsewhere too)

May 11, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #1,040 of 1,181
That's exciting my GSE is on order, and I'm told should be with me soon. I ordered based on home demo of the OG version. Hopefully get it about the same time as my SJY audio Horizons arrive. Fun times ahead.
You'll be surprised..I promise you that with the GSE version 👍

NOMAX

PS.It doesn't get any better than this....not even imagining how it sounds like with my HE1...but I will certainly do that and find out😉

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #1,042 of 1,181
There is a new Wandla review by WaveTheory! :) His findings align a lot with mine as well.

And interesting to get another take about Wandla + Hypsos. Wave also states Hypsos makes a big difference, it’s interesting how Cameron came into the conclusion it’s rather minimal. Maybe it’s the case of power conditioning beforehand?

May 11, 2024 at 9:45 AM Post #1,043 of 1,181
And interesting to get another take about Wandla + Hypsos. Wave also states Hypsos makes a big difference, it’s interesting how Cameron came into the conclusion it’s rather minimal. Maybe it’s the case of power conditioning beforehand?
Maybe! Hypsos also made a big difference for me as well. However, I don’t have power conditioning yet.

May 11, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #1,044 of 1,181
Hey guys, I'm curious about how the Wandla works with the Oor. I was looking to marry these two devices (along with the Hypsos) together. I know the Oor has a preamp. I'm also aware that there are settings within the Wandla that allow for use with either speakers or headphones. If I were to run a signal to this stack, would it simultaneously play the inputed signal to the preamp and headphone amp or does it kill the signal out based on the settings from the Wandla? I was looking to setup wired Buchardt A10s with this stack.

May 11, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #1,045 of 1,181
Hey guys, I'm curious about how the Wandla works with the Oor. I was looking to marry these two devices (along with the Hypsos) together. I know the Oor has a preamp. I'm also aware that there are settings within the Wandla that allow for use with either speakers or headphones. If I were to run a signal to this stack, would it simultaneously play the inputed signal to the preamp and headphone amp or does it kill the signal out based on the settings from the Wandla? I was looking to setup wired Buchardt A10s with this stack.
So the Oors outputs are always both on, if you run speakers from it and connect headphones, you’ll have signal on both, and no separate volume adjustment.

May 11, 2024 at 3:16 PM Post #1,046 of 1,181
I hope you don’t mind me asking, are the A10s not active speakers? How will you bypass the internal DAC?

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #1,047 of 1,181
I hope you don’t mind me asking, are the A10s not active speakers? How will you bypass the internal DAC?
The A10s are active. Does that mean I won't be able to bypass the internal DAC? Since you'd be feeding an analog signal via XLR cable, I figured the DAC comes into play when running a wireless signal to the speakers.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 4:10 PM Post #1,048 of 1,181
The A10s are active. Does that mean I won't be able to bypass the internal DAC? Since you'd be feeding an analog signal via XLR cable, I figured the DAC comes into play when running a wireless signal to the speakers.
It looks like they have an analog, wired input and a digital, wireless input. So I’d assume the same thing you do, the question is, do you do anything that requires their internal DSP? Room correction is critical for me, so I’d certainly go the wireless route if the analog path would bypass that.

May 11, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #1,049 of 1,181
Okay let us know how it goes. It will be interesting to pair my Wandla with my Buchardt A500s.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 5:19 PM Post #1,050 of 1,181
It looks like they have an analog, wired input and a digital, wireless input. So I’d assume the same thing you do, the question is, do you do anything that requires their internal DSP? Room correction is critical for me, so I’d certainly go the wireless route if the analog path would bypass that.
I guess DSP can only be applied to the digital signal. It would suck to lose the room correction. Maybe the digital signal is our best bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back