HiBy R3 II--new and improved: physical volume knob, 4.4mm balanced out, increased power
Jan 11, 2024 at 10:28 AM Post #136 of 170
When is the next firmware update? Does anyone know? Would love to see some improvement on image compatibility (you know, like a lot of artwork not showing up) Is it a size limitation? Hiby, let us know. Also, can you guys spruce up the icons? I hate having to look at that menu all the time, a waste of space. You can put the two icon pages together as one.

Jan 13, 2024 at 11:42 AM Post #137 of 170
Has anyone attempted any firmware modifications yet? Looks like the shanling tool still works for unpacking it, so themes should be a piece of cake (as long as re-packing still works correctly).

Curious to see what else can be added/tweaked. I see scrolling text was added to another device (not sure if that's already a feature here since I don't have mine in hand yet, but if not hopefully it can be added).

Since mine's on the way, I think I'll start building a theme while I wait. Excited for the device & to start tinkering =]

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2024 at 3:29 PM Post #138 of 170
Has anyone attempted any firmware modifications yet? Looks like the shanling tool still works for unpacking it, so themes should be a piece of cake (as long as re-packing still works correctly).

Curious to see what else can be added/tweaked. I see scrolling text was added to another device (not sure if that's already a feature here since I don't have mine in hand yet, but if not hopefully it can be added).

Since mine's on the way, I think I'll start building a theme while I wait. Excited for the device & to start tinkering =]
Show us newbies how to do it once you get a chance! :)

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #139 of 170
Hi all. A strange phenomenon on this player after updating to version 1.1, via Bluetooth it stopped playing music with a high bitrate - 32/384 (WAV), 16/44, 24/96, 24/192 Flac plays normally as on the old firmware. Error - 12 appears on the screen. Everything else works fine.
I have exactly the same problem. It does not play high bit rate files over bluetooth. Very annoying and render it useless. I have a very low end M0 player and it has no such problem at all. M0 with its limited size and space can deal with high bitrate files, I do not understand how Hiby cannot play it back correctly?

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #140 of 170
It does not play high bit rate files over bluetooth. Very annoying and render it useless.

That’s rather hyperbolic, and high res files + Bluetooth?, why?

Jan 16, 2024 at 3:15 PM Post #141 of 170
That’s rather hyperbolic, and high res files + Bluetooth?, why?
While not ideal, I can see it being unavoidable in some situations. For instance, using the device in cars that don't have any other input method.

I'd be upset too if it suddenly stopped playing nice, especially if that was a big use-case for me. Even if it wasn't taking full advantage of the quality, I'd still expect it to function.

Jan 17, 2024 at 7:56 PM Post #142 of 170
While not ideal, I can see it being unavoidable in some situations. For instance, using the device in cars that don't have any other input method.

I'd be upset too if it suddenly stopped playing nice, especially if that was a big use-case for me. Even if it wasn't taking full advantage of the quality, I'd still expect it to function.
@Joe Bloggs,

Why no one from Hiby is monitoring this thread? I had great experience from Hiby before but this time it really annoys me. Chinese new year is coming soon, this means it will not be corrected in a few months. I am thinking of sending it for repair until they fix it.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024 at 4:14 AM Post #143 of 170
Hello
I took my brand new R3 ii on business trip, but forgot to take the user manual. Can't find it on Hiby's site. Anyone has a download link ?
I find that from selecting a file in Artist view until getting the "main player" view (with elapsed time, previous/next,..) it needs to go back through several screens.
In my memory, it was far easier on the R3 pro... Maybe there is something I miss ?
Any help appreciated 🙂
Again, I am on a trip, and still can't find any manual to download... :frowning2:

Feb 19, 2024 at 7:44 AM Post #145 of 170
Hi all. A strange phenomenon on this player after updating to version 1.1, via Bluetooth it stopped playing music with a high bitrate - 32/384 (WAV), 16/44, 24/96, 24/192 Flac plays normally as on the old firmware. Error - 12 appears on the screen. Everything else works fine.
You need to remove just one file
/usr/resource/bt_more_than_192k_fail
from firmware. But it needs to repack the firmware update file.
If that file is presents the error message appears on the log:
ot_a2dp.c sample_rate >192000 not support

Feb 20, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #146 of 170
Just taken delivery of Hiby R3 II and still getting to know my way around it. I have added tracks (about 17,000) and updated the firmware to 1.1. All looks good but I have 1 question. When scrolling up or down artists or albums the alphabet appears on the right hand side of the screen. I thought this may be a quick way to navigate around the alphabet but I cannot get this to do anything. Is this me misunderstanding or not doing something properly. Thanks in advance.

Feb 20, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #148 of 170
Just taken delivery of Hiby R3 II and still getting to know my way around it. I have added tracks (about 17,000) and updated the firmware to 1.1. All looks good but I have 1 question. When scrolling up or down artists or albums the alphabet appears on the right hand side of the screen. I thought this may be a quick way to navigate around the alphabet but I cannot get this to do anything. Is this me misunderstanding or not doing something properly. Thanks in advance.
Hold it down & move up/down to scroll
When I enter an album, is there a way to sort/play it through by track order, instead of alphabetical listing?
Update to firmware 1.1

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #150 of 170
Thanks COuntZerO that works perfectly.

Next issue is that I have put Hibylink onto an android phone and tablet. Everything shows up on the R3 II correctly under artist and album but they are only showing up in Folder mode on the phone and tablet. I have checked the various file properties and they all seem to be correct. Is this just how Hibylink works or is there something I can do to be able to get tracks listed under artist and album using Hibylink on the phone and tablet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back