HiBy R3 II--new and improved: physical volume knob, 4.4mm balanced out, increased power
May 5, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #166 of 170
Anyone have both Hiby R3 II and Shanling M1S?
In terms of sound quality, which one is more Musical, fun and more enjoyable?
Some say M1S is warm and mellow, and some say M1S is neutral and flat.
I have Olina SE and I mostly listen Metal, Rock.
Right now M1s is around $200 and R3 II $148 on Aliexpress.
Thanks

May 5, 2024 at 3:27 PM Post #167 of 170
Anyone have both Hiby R3 II and Shanling M1S?
In terms of sound quality, which one is more Musical, fun and more enjoyable?
Some say M1S is warm and mellow, and some say M1S is neutral and flat.
I have Olina SE and I mostly listen Metal, Rock.
Right now M1s is around $200 and R3 II $148 on Aliexpress.
Thanks
I had both. The M1S had a more offensive Treble Presentation (Shanling House Sound). The R3 II is the more neutral of the both. If you're Treble sensitive, take R3 II. If you're Tidal User The M1S is better, Tidal works there flawless. Offline they are equaly good.

May 6, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #168 of 170
I had both. The M1S had a more offensive Treble Presentation (Shanling House Sound). The R3 II is the more neutral of the both. If you're Treble sensitive, take R3 II. If you're Tidal User The M1S is better, Tidal works there flawless. Offline they are equaly good.
Thanks for reply. Is the offensive treble smooth and soft or its metallic? And how about bass?
Which one you liked the most?
Thanks

May 6, 2024 at 4:09 AM Post #169 of 170
Thanks for reply. Is the offensive treble smooth and soft or its metallic? And how about bass?
Which one you liked the most?
Thanks
The M1S has elevated Bass and offensive Treble. So it is more punchy/fun sounding but for me the Treble Presentation is too fatiguing, especially if you have already IEMs that are strong in this Frequency Area. As I already said the R3 II is the more neutral of them with a more Balanced Tuning across the Frequency Spectrum. So it's easy: If you don't care about hot Treble and have maybe neutral to Dark sounding IEMs then the M1S is for you, otherwise if you don't care about Tidal/Qobuz then get R3 II.

May 6, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #170 of 170
The M1S has elevated Bass and offensive Treble. So it is more punchy/fun sounding but for me the Treble Presentation is too fatiguing, especially if you have already IEMs that are strong in this Frequency Area. As I already said the R3 II is the more neutral of them with a more Balanced Tuning across the Frequency Spectrum. So it's easy: If you don't care about hot Treble and have maybe neutral to Dark sounding IEMs then the M1S is for you, otherwise if you don't care about Tidal/Qobuz then get R3 II.
Alright thanks, I got your point. I think R3 II will be better, I don't like too much treble and bass, I prefer midcentric gears. I will only use the DAP offline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back