Luxury & Precision E7: Impressions and Discussions
May 9, 2024 at 7:43 AM Post #31 of 117
May 9, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #32 of 117
After a “looong” waiting game, it’s finally here! Thanks @Uncle Wilson and Jaben Singapore for arranging. I’m looking forward to explore the latest firmware 1.0.4 and continue my quest to understand how the “PA Voltage adjust” works 🤭

IMG_6770.jpeg

May 9, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #35 of 117
May 9, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #36 of 117
May 9, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #37 of 117
Enjoying the E7 with the FitEar DC Ti paired with the Eletech Ode to Laura. :)

IMG_4561.jpeg

May 10, 2024 at 4:21 AM Post #38 of 117
The DAC is old, if I'm not mistaken. It was already on the Cayin N6 (?). So I wonder to what extent the E7 can keep up with current TOTL DAPs. Yes, I know that the implementation plays the biggest role. Or does the E7 not want to play in the TOTL-DAP area?

May 10, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #39 of 117
The DAC is old, if I'm not mistaken. It was already on the Cayin N6 (?). So I wonder to what extent the E7 can keep up with current TOTL DAPs. Yes, I know that the implementation plays the biggest role. Or does the E7 not want to play in the TOTL-DAP area?
Have a listen and see what you think. Judge for yourself. :) The DAC chips were chosen for a reason by the LP team, if you read the materials from LP.

May 10, 2024 at 5:04 AM Post #40 of 117
Have a listen and see what you think. Judge for yourself. :) The DAC chips were chosen for a reason by the LP team, if you read the materials from LP.
Well, if only I could test it...

It may be that the decision was a conscious one. Nevertheless, there is still a certain scepticism on my part, considering that the chip has been in circulation since 2016. But otherwise I'm open to surprises.

May 10, 2024 at 5:12 AM Post #41 of 117
Well, if only I could test it...

It may be that the decision was a conscious one. Nevertheless, there is still a certain scepticism on my part, considering that the chip has been in circulation since 2016. But otherwise I'm open to surprises.
I believe that the LP team had explained why in their publicity material which I put up in the first post of this thread.

Well, the LP team went out and purchased remaining stock of this particular DAC chip, I understand at a higher price because stocks were low at that point in time. :)

Be that as it may, you may read about the end result in terms of SQ from the implementation as more persons receive their E7. Pity that you are not able to give it a listen as folks in CJ NY and CJ SG have done so (outside China). The E7 has been making its way around the shows in China as well as in Japan as well. :wink:

May 10, 2024 at 5:13 AM Post #42 of 117
I believe that the LP team had explained why in their publicity material which I put up in the first post of this thread.

Well, the LP team went out and purchased remaining stock of this particular DAC chip, I understand at a higher price because stocks were low at that point in time. :)

Be that as it may, you may read about the end result in terms of SQ from the implementation as more persons receive their E7. Pity that you are not able to give it a listen as folks in CJ NY and CJ SG have done so (outside China). The E7 has been making its way around the shows in China as well as in Japan as well. :wink:
Yes, I will definitely wait for reviews first.

May 10, 2024 at 5:15 AM Post #43 of 117
Yes, I will definitely wait for reviews first.
Yes, that would make sense, unless you have had experience with the LP DAPs and the house sound signature of LP. :)

May 10, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #45 of 117
No, I hadn't. Actually, mine is more curiosity - for now: since L&P doesn't have streaming, I don't know if I'd ever buy it.
Ah. LP does not use android. Most owners would leverage off USB out from their phones or BT streaming. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back