HTC 11 (aka HTC U 11)
Apr 28, 2017 at 11:44 AM Post #181 of 501
the difference between Xperia glass and HTC glass is like miles apart, Xperia glass is so much durable then the chippy HTC glass. dont really like glass back unless its a fingerprint magnet proof one XD
Yap saw that video too! was kinda sad! lets hope thats 2.5mm :X
i think the a few post back they said that the designer quit or something and hence they just copied what other company do instead of being themselve. Kinda regret not getting the HTC 10 and went for the blackberry passport silver edition (the LAST of Blackberry OS)

Yeah? Ok. Glad to know Sony is doing SOMETHING right vs. HTC besides the camera. lol

2.5mm?? lol I'm gonna assume you meant 3.5mm.

Yeah someone on here said that. I even told the Special Projects Team lady who was investigating the audio codec question I had ("Does the HTC 10 use its custom-made codec OVER the Qualcomm Aqstic one or no??") straight up that HTC needs to stop trying to be Apple or Samsung and JUST BE HTC! lol For real I told her that. lol

Yeah man you should've got the 10!!!! lol Well if the U 11 doesn't measure up I'd get the 10 for sure!

What headphones u got btw?

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #182 of 501
So let's be clear about the USB C to 3.5mm adapter, will it include a DAC or the earphones should have one? Because I am reading weird things over the internet, if the earphones have to have a DAC then 99% of them won't work

Not sure yet. I would ask this question again once the U 11 is officially announced and we have OFFICIAL specs to base answers off of.

I don't think the adapter itself will have a DAC in it unless otherwise advertised. The hope is that HTC won't be complete f'ing idiots and NOT make the USB-C port have "analog over USB" included. If it has that, then the adapter 100% will NOT need a DAC built into it. If it doesn't, then F them to death! LOL Cuz even if they put a killer DAC on the U 11 it won't matter if the adapter's crappier DAC gets in the way. I'm also waiting to find out if HTC will include that adapter or not.

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #183 of 501
Not sure yet. I would ask this question again once the U 11 is officially announced and we have OFFICIAL specs to base answers off of.

I don't think the adapter itself will have a DAC in it unless otherwise advertised. The hope is that HTC won't be complete f'ing idiots and NOT make the USB-C port have "analog over USB" included. If it has that, then the adapter 100% will NOT need a DAC built into it. If it doesn't, then F them to death! LOL Cuz even if they put a killer DAC on the U 11 it won't matter if the adapter's crappier DAC gets in the way. I'm also waiting to find out if HTC will include that adapter or not.

Do you think the adapter will be different from the one they are selling now for the U Ultra?

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:22 PM Post #184 of 501
Do you think the adapter will be different from the one they are selling now for the U Ultra?

Well the ones that ship out with the the U Ultra are actually the U Sonic earphones which come with an adapter attached to it (meaning ppl who buy it still have to buy a separate adapter if they DON'T want to use the U Sonic ones). I could care LESS about those. lol What I'd prefer is they ship out the actual adapter itself, found here. Assuming the U 11's MicroUSB-C port HAS "analog over USB" built into it, then that adapter will do nicely. I'd prefer not to have to buy it, but I will if I actually get the U 11, and if I can't something as good and cheaper on Amazon. This is NOT the time for HTC to go cheap here, esp after the epic fail that was the U Ultra. lol

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #185 of 501
Yeah? Ok. Glad to know Sony is doing SOMETHING right vs. HTC besides the camera. lol

2.5mm?? lol I'm gonna assume you meant 3.5mm.

Yeah someone on here said that. I even told the Special Projects Team lady who was investigating the audio codec question I had ("Does the HTC 10 use its custom-made codec OVER the Qualcomm Aqstic one or no??") straight up that HTC needs to stop trying to be Apple or Samsung and JUST BE HTC! lol For real I told her that. lol

Yeah man you should've got the 10!!!! lol Well if the U 11 doesn't measure up I'd get the 10 for sure!

What headphones u got btw?
2.5mm so that they can keep the slim look :S
if U11 not looking good i think ill give Sony a try or just go for the Blackberry Keyone XD #BBLoyalty im currently using the JVC FX1100 and waiting for my CIEM Kumitate Lab KL REF

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:27 AM Post #186 of 501
2.5mm so that they can keep the slim look :S
if U11 not looking good i think ill give Sony a try or just go for the Blackberry Keyone XD #BBLoyalty im currently using the JVC FX1100 and waiting for my CIEM Kumitate Lab KL REF

LOL.......F that. Just keep it 3.5mm or else do USB-C properly!

Cool. Let us know what you end up getting.

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #187 of 501
I think that's the key question.

If they have the same audio system as the Play, i.e. just USB-C digital audio out, then the 3.5mm adapter has to have a DAC and amp in it, and will surely be the same as the one they sell for the Ultra - only hopefully they will bundle it.

The only reason it would be different would be if they actually included a DAC and amp in the phone in addition for analogue output, in which case the adapter could be a passive component. I'm not aware of anything that even suggests that they've done this apart from a reference to "type C analogue headset" in addition to "HTC Usonic" in the slides from the big AndroidHeadlines leak. However, there is no guarantee at all that that means what we want it to mean: I could perfectly well imagine some marketing type writing that when they really meant "adapter for analogue headsets", and were really referring to the same system the Ultra uses.

In short, I don't know. I would like it to be different, as that would mean they had put a better DAC and amp in the device in order to support analogue headsets (because there would be no point unless it was better than the Ultra's adapter). But in many respects what I'd like and what it's going to be are different things (I'd like it to be metal cased and slightly smaller than the 10, and it's clear that neither of those is going to happen), so I'm not raising my hopes.

So my guess is that it will be like the Ultra: only digital output and analogue headphone support only via an active adapter (i.e. containing DAC and amp). Anything else will be a pleasant surprise, but hey, those do sometimes happen.

Apr 30, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #189 of 501
I have no idea about the size of a DAC and Amp components that are in let's say the hTC 10, but could they integrate them in a small and tiny USB C to 3.5mm adapter?
I don't know the size either, but they don't have to be large.

But they sell these adapters for about £10, so they clearly don't spend a lot on the components. Unfortunately I don't know what the components in the 10 are anyway, so can't guess how much they cost (since the bill of material for a flagship smartphone is typically a couple of hundred pounds it's unlikely that they are very expensive though).

May 1, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #194 of 501
I think this leak might actually be official??!

They say the US will prob not get the 128GB/6GB RAM version, but then why is this written in English? Maybe the US WILL in fact get that version too??

We still of course need verification on 1) The battery size and 2) The audio issue regarding the MicroUSB-C port. WILL it include "Analog over USB" or not? 3) Whether or not the U 11 is getting a "killer DAC and amp" like the 10 had?!! and 4) Glass or metal back (hopefully metal)??

GSM Arena doesn't have anything new really, but Phone Arena seems to think it will get a 4000 mAh battery! OMG please Lord let Phone Arena be right! LOL

Thoughts?

HTC U 11 Official (I think? lol) specs:

htc-u-11-box.jpg

HTC 10 (US):

IMAG0149.jpg

If you compare it to the 10's specs (pic of my own box), you'll notice the front side camera on the U 11 will NOT also have OIS like the back one does on the 10. So for the U 11 only the back will have OIS, which is all that really matters to me anyway. lol

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #195 of 501
idk what Htc and Sony trying to do with the 3000mah battery hahaha trying to prove that being eco friendly still can last the entire day? We should compare the box with the Htc u ultra to see the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back