HTC 11 (aka HTC U 11)
Apr 19, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #166 of 501
  yeah I kept telling you man it doesnt matter what HTC does if they remove the headphone jack like apple its an absolute instant deal breaker no matter how good everything else. 

I was really looking forward to it as well. Now with HTC and LG out of the way it only leaves two companies that I care about. and that is the new Nokia flagship and Sony flagship at IFA 2017 for the 835 on the 5.2 inch phone cuz i hate tablets. 
Sony has fixed volume issues with their phones. and the Ceo sitll said that that sound quality is a priority and they will continue to improve sound quality. 

There is sitll XZP that will compete with the s8. 

Also, please don't buy the s8 man i wont talk to you again. Okay im kidding, but like don't buy samsung. new sony phone I have a feeling wont disappoint. son'y recent flagships have been a step in the right direction. Sony should have never released the X performance it was a grabage phone.

the XZ's have the fastest browsing beating the iphone 7. Thats literally unheard of the in the android market. Imagine when the premium with 835 and UFs 2.1 memory comes out. It will kill any other phone in terms of speed. 

You kept tellin' me? I don't remember that. lol 

Well HTC removing it only matters TO ME and like every audiophile on here who wants to buy it if the USB-C port DOES NOT support "analog over USB". Once it's released we'll know more, even if that means I have to request that HTC opens another investigation like I had them to with the 10's audio codec mystery. lol 

Tablets? You mean phablets? lol 

The S8/S8+ reviews are pretty strong, with the battery life being noticeably improved over the S7. 3 years ago this wouldn't have mattered, but now Sony's Xperia battery life sux so unless they really improve that, it won't matter. Sony will prob still beat them on audio/call quality though since the other review I'd read said the S8/S8+s' audio and call quality STILL suck lol. So I dunno. Of course, Sony Mobile won't advertise for the XZs or XZP b/c they are cheap and dumb, so once again I foresee Samsung selling more, but in terms of phone quality, the XZP def has a shot, I guess. Just not on battery life I'm guessing.  

The only step in the right direction I've seen with the recent Sony phones is with the camera. It is now more outstanding than ever IMO, but for audio and battery life I've said it before and will now again..........they went DOWNHILL. I might agree with you on the X Performance, but unfortunately they did. But even if I'd waited for the XZ last Fall, I still am very sure I still would've traded it in for the 10 back in January. 

I hope so (on speed), for Sony Mobile's sake aertus. lol

Apr 23, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #169 of 501
I don't want to get hopes up, but I spotted the other day that the slides at the end of the androidheadlines leak article include the phrase "type c analogue headset" one one slide

However, I really don't want to get hopes up: since this looks like some sort of marketing presentation there's no reason to assume that language is being used precisely or accurately! It could mean nothing more than "you can use an analogue headset as long as you have a type-c to 3.5mm adapter" and not in any way mean that there is analogue usb-C audio output. We will just have to wait and see.

Apr 23, 2017 at 1:46 PM Post #170 of 501
  I don't want to get hopes up, but I spotted the other day that the slides at the end of the androidheadlines leak article include the phrase "type c analogue headset" one one slide

However, I really don't want to get hopes up: since this looks like some sort of marketing presentation there's no reason to assume that language is being used precisely or accurately! It could mean nothing more than "you can use an analogue headset as long as you have a type-c to 3.5mm adapter" and not in any way mean that there is analogue usb-C audio output. We will just have to wait and see.

Very interesting. Thanks for contributing this Super!

Yeah, it's not 100%, but the fact that they're even thinking or bothering to use the term "analog" shouldn't be disregarded either. This is where HTC shows either how stupid and greedy they MIGHT be. The only reason to include an analog headset but NOT make the port itself "analog over usb" is to FORCE people to use the provided headset, which many (aka, LITERALLY EVERYONE ON HERE lol) won't want to do. It's quite possible they are just mentioning analog b/c they want people to know their headset is "ready to go". But I mean again, can you imagine how idiotic it would be if they're aware of the analog thing to still not make the port "analog over usb-ready" for people? 

If it turns out they don't have that, I will for sure behtch them out. lol That's a promise. 

And we STILL have to get confirmation that they will be using a killer DAC like the 10 had. The U Ultra as we know from my previous post does NOT have a Hi-Fi DAC, so whether or not the U 11's Micro USB-C port has "analog over USB" will be meaningless if the DAC is a mediocre one.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:50 AM Post #175 of 501
Yeah I guess. lol I would be completely ok with it IF the USB-C port has "analog over USB" included with it. I guess we'll see soon. Sux we gotta wait another 3 weeks, but whatever. F'ing SamDUNG hoarding all the 835s. lol
ikr! people are like saying smart move by them, they are just being selfish as they are killing all companys in their way what a selfish thinking unlike Some Jap company they work together samsung is kill kill kill :X
Just hope they have 2 USB C port haha

Apr 27, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #176 of 501
ikr! people are like saying smart move by them, they are just being selfish as they are killing all companys in their way what a selfish thinking unlike Some Jap company they work together samsung is kill kill kill :X
Just hope they have 2 USB C port haha

LOL! Yeah 2 would be cool I guess. No need for a "dongle" or adapter then.

Hey what do you (guys) think about the U 11 having a glass back? Some say it will cuz it's a U phone like U Ultra did, others say no cuz the 10 didn't. I think I'd prefer the kept it metal. I've done the glass back thing (Xperia Z3), and it was cool 2-3 years ago. But now I'd prefer they stayed with metal. But it's less likely to break, and if the U 11 does turn out to be a 5.5" phablet lol, then I very likely won't be getting a case for it cuz it's gonna be too big! (This is all assuming I even get it, which right now is possible at best.)

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #177 of 501
Brand new HTC "teaser trailer" for the U 11.

Hey what do you (guys) think about the U 11 having a glass back? Some say it will cuz it's a U phone like U Ultra did, others say no cuz the 10 didn't. In that video it's hard to tell (see still image below), though it looks more metallic to me. I dunno.

htc-u-11-4.jpg

I think I'd prefer they kept it metal. I've done the glass back thing (Xperia Z3), and it was cool 2-3 years ago. But now I'd prefer they stayed with metal. It's less likely to break, and if the U 11 does turn out to be a 5.5" phablet lol, then I very likely won't be getting a case for it either cuz it's gonna be too big! (This is all assuming I even get it, which right now is possible at best.)

Apr 28, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #179 of 501
LOL! Yeah 2 would be cool I guess. No need for a "dongle" or adapter then.

Hey what do you (guys) think about the U 11 having a glass back? Some say it will cuz it's a U phone like U Ultra did, others say no cuz the 10 didn't. I think I'd prefer the kept it metal. I've done the glass back thing (Xperia Z3), and it was cool 2-3 years ago. But now I'd prefer they stayed with metal. But it's less likely to break, and if the U 11 does turn out to be a 5.5" phablet lol, then I very likely won't be getting a case for it cuz it's gonna be too big! (This is all assuming I even get it, which right now is possible at best.)
the difference between Xperia glass and HTC glass is like miles apart, Xperia glass is so much durable then the chippy HTC glass. dont really like glass back unless its a fingerprint magnet proof one XD
Yap saw that video too! was kinda sad! lets hope thats 2.5mm :X
i think the a few post back they said that the designer quit or something and hence they just copied what other company do instead of being themselve. Kinda regret not getting the HTC 10 and went for the blackberry passport silver edition (the LAST of Blackberry OS)

Apr 28, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #180 of 501
So let's be clear about the USB C to 3.5mm adapter, will it include a DAC or the earphones should have one? Because I am reading weird things over the internet, if the earphones have to have a DAC then 99% of them won't work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back