☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp???
Jun 28, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #5,911 of 5,932
  Nice looking cable but the 1/8" mini TRRS is a much better jack that Kobiconn IMO.  I was a bit disappointed that the Carbon didn't adopt that standard.

I prefer the Kobicon. I have used it for years now with zero problems and the connection is still tight on my RSA amps. Also there is better separation of the signals with the Kobicon over the TRRS, less crosstalk. 

Aug 22, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #5,914 of 5,932
So ... is Cavalli going to offer a power supply upgrade for the first run LCs or not?

I thought they were already doing this?  Maybe best to contact Cavalli or WarrenPChi directly.

Sep 15, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #5,917 of 5,932
Has anyone managed to do a warranty transfer recently (per http://www.head-fi.org/t/796889/cavalli-audio-liquid-carbon-lifetime-warranty#post_12303459)? I've sent Warren a few messages asking him to do this for me through both email and Head-Fi PM over the last 5 months and have heard nothing back. I've been quite pleased with the amp, but I bought it with the expectation that I'd be covered if it ever needed servicing or repair.

Sep 15, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #5,918 of 5,932
  was there any comparison done between Cavali LC and Geek Pulse XFI ? I want to use XFI with Ether C and Elear or HEX. Thanks

I use the Pulse Infinity with the Liquid Carbon to drive my Ether C's and find it to be a great pairing. I wouldn't "compare" the Pulse and the LC as the Pulse's main duty is as a DAC and the LC's main (and only) duty is as an amp. However, I do find that things sound significantly better when the signal coming out of the Pulse is then amped by the LC. Cheers 

Sep 16, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #5,919 of 5,932
  I use the Pulse Infinity with the Liquid Carbon to drive my Ether C's and find it to be a great pairing. I wouldn't "compare" the Pulse and the LC as the Pulse's main duty is as a DAC and the LC's main (and only) duty is as an amp. However, I do find that things sound significantly better when the signal coming out of the Pulse is then amped by the LC. Cheers 

Thanks for your feedback if I am not wrong the Pulse Amp section is pretty good at 2 watts, is there a need to get an external Amp. how much is the power output of LC?

Sep 16, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #5,920 of 5,932
  Thanks for your feedback if I am not wrong the Pulse Amp section is pretty good at 2 watts, is there a need to get an external Amp. how much is the power output of LC?

Not much more, I think Alex stated somewhere it flirted with a peak of 3 watts.  But its the flavor of the amp that most folks around here prefer....

Sep 16, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #5,921 of 5,932

Not much more, I think Alex stated somewhere it flirted with a peak of 3 watts.  But its the flavor of the amp that most folks around here prefer....

Exactly. It's not a power thing (they both play plenty loud) it's a SQ and flavor thing. I've even run the Infinity into an ALO CDM if I wanted to get more of the tube "warmth". Cheers 

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:44 PM Post #5,922 of 5,932
  Has anyone managed to do a warranty transfer recently (per http://www.head-fi.org/t/796889/cavalli-audio-liquid-carbon-lifetime-warranty#post_12303459)? I've sent Warren a few messages asking him to do this for me through both email and Head-Fi PM over the last 5 months and have heard nothing back. I've been quite pleased with the amp, but I bought it with the expectation that I'd be covered if it ever needed servicing or repair.

I contacted Cavalli support and they were able to sort me out. If anyone is having trouble getting Warren to transfer their first run LC warranty, that is probably the best bet.

Sep 23, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #5,925 of 5,932

It will be next month at the earliest.  They are currently shipping the Liquid Golds and then heading for Denver.

The LAu's are going out?!? Sweet! Have missed having one of those amazing beasts in my system. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back