「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 17, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #44,956 of 177,745
I see... I think you told me that before, but I forgot :/
Right after telling us to keep this thread on topic...
LOL! Prepare for more!!!
Me too! *High 5*
Yay, $45.2 per case seems pretty reasonable. That was within budget, correct?
LOL, you should always play saya alone, where nobody can hear you, with headphones in :D
Usually I don't recommend headphones with H games, as they reduce your ability to be ninja. But the soundtrack in saya is so damn good that it's worth it
They left the first scene in Japanese, where all of the characters voices are almost nonsensical, and then translated them to English when being told from third person. Personally I think it gives you a great sense of "oh, I can't understand a word these people are saying!"
I like your new avatar!
Dem blue eyes :)
Do it...
Lol, did you notice I'm split into 2 parts?

I thought before, we allocated $30 for the case? Not sure. There should be a "Status" thread instead of multiple threads JUST for the design. I'm posting here because not sure which thread to hijack...

LOL! I wonder why though...
Lol @ people thinking its the end of the world...
While its really really windy here right now, I don't think the world is going to end.
If you do, could you please send me all your money and valuables?

LOL. Not believing the end of the world

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:31 AM Post #44,959 of 177,745
Quote:
I thought before, we allocated $30 for the case? Not sure. There should be a "Status" thread instead of multiple threads JUST for the design. I'm posting here because not sure which thread to hijack...

that was just bowei's estimate, and 42.5 is shipping included.

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #44,961 of 177,745
Dem blue eyes
smily_headphones1.gif

Lol, did you notice I'm split into 2 parts?

Thanks, and yup :D:D.

Because I like it. I tried it once when my friend just got an iPhone 5, and it went from bafflement to resigned grin. They are kind of good, and I like it. it's **** good.

I was a huge fan of the old Apple earbuds, I'll pick up the new pair when they die, are they more comfortable for you?

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #44,962 of 177,745
Quote:

Shipping included? I have no problem with that.
So total is like what? I now know that customs will add another 10% on item value...sigh...
And also, how heavy will it be?

shipping as in to MY place. LOL....

I don't know yet and don't want to make a wild guess....
my crazy guess was off by 50% when I estimated the cost of shipping mechy's headphones...

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #44,963 of 177,745
Quote:

my crazy guess was off by 50% when I estimated the cost of shipping mechy's headphones...

Well that's... disappointing I guess. Just hoping the cost will still be under $200 I hope. Or at least not too far from that

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #44,966 of 177,745
LOL This.

The 21th just HAPPENS to be my first day of christmas holiday! (early christmas gift :D )

.......WHY???

Hehe, I have 2 more days off :D

LOL! I wonder why though...
LOL. Not believing the end of the world

Yeah, I hadn't checked yet...

Lol yeah...
Can't you calculate shipping costs online? How heavy are the cases going to be again?
Iteresai~ (or however the eff you say it...)

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #44,969 of 177,745
I was a huge fan of the old Apple earbuds, I'll pick up the new pair when they die, are they more comfortable for you?

Effortless to put in. Kind of loose when I first put it in, but I shook my head around and it didn't fall off. Almost no isolation at all, but even with nearby people conversing the songs that I tested it with was clear and cut through the moderate noise. No doubt anything louder than that would start to mask any songs and will start to leak to nearby surroundings, but I'm positive it will be less than iBuds. They are comfortable, damn more comfortable than the iBuds, and less fussy. I think I can believe Apple's ad about how they did research on people's ear and stuff, even though it still seems preposterous.

Let's see, according to my book of Things I Jammed Stuff Into and Put on My Ears, I said
good bass impact, no sibilant detected, a bit vocals-focused on some songs,good soundstage, clear bass with no bleeding into mids, good details

It's a winner for the $30 I feel.

Dec 17, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #44,970 of 177,745
Yay more Nyaruko!!

[rule]
Another dice problem:
Given 2 dies: A and B,
die A is rolled n times with the highest value recorded
die B is rolled m times with the highest value recorded
What is the probability that the value for A > B in terms of n and m ?

I've been thinking about this for hours now and gotten nowhere......

That's easy right?
After n throws the probability that at least one six was thrown is 1-(5/6)^n. Let this be A(6)
The probability that at least one five was thrown is 1-(5/6)^n. Let this be A(5)
So the probability that five was the highest number thrown is A(5)*(~A(6))=(1-(5/6)^n)*(5/6)^n (conditional probability)

The probability that four was the highest number thrown is then A(4)*(~A(5))*(~A(6))
Since A(1)=...=A(6), we will call of these A. A similar thing is true fo B.

Now, A > B if
A = 6:
Highest B = {1,2,3,4,5}

A=5:
Highest B ={1,2,3,4}

and so forth.

The probability that A > B with A=6 is:
A*(~B)

A=5:
A*(~A)*(~B)^2

A=4:
A*(~A)^2*(~B)^3

Let's add that up:
P(A>B) = A ((1 - B) + (1 - A) (1 - B)^2 + (1 - A)^2 (1 - B)^3 + (1 - A)^3 (1 - B)^4 + (1 - A)^4 (1 - B)^5), where A = 1-(5/6)^n, B = 1-(5/6)^m, and m,n positive integer.

And that's the answer.
Took me ~5 minutes. It was harder than expected, but not really that difficult either.

It hurts when I pee.

Kidney stones?

Awesome!  Because that's how I feel today.  I seriously just want to...

1 - have sex with the empress of an ancient kingdom
2 - get new identity
3 - move to Japan and play videogames / eat ice-cream all day

How do I take direction in this direction?

Here's my plan of attack:

1. Get rich like hell
2. Win at life

Having sex with such an empress is most easily achieved through cosplay, which is something money will take care of.

Arigatou!~
I feel like such a 1337 h4x0r transferring ever 17 to my phone through FTP...

Taking DAYS less than MTP (wired)
You know technology is either really messed up or really evolved when transferring data wirelessly is faster than with a wire...

I can't even use FTP.

Stupid ISP giving stupid routers. (and yes, replacing it is a possibility, but it would be a PITA to make the TV still work, and it would cost money on top of that).

I'm sorry for posting something like this here. But can anyone help me with this calc project (best probably via pm). I know most of you guys are math savy ^^. I just can't seem to start the project. I have no clue on what I'm supposesd to start with. 

If you still want help shoot me a PM.

I have actually done this problem before a month or two ago (with some extra complications).

I saw that one before.

Must not go to France this... OH CRAP I'll be in France the 21st.

Yay~~
And I'm approaching 4x HS LOL!

Slowpoke. I got 5 already.

Though it's going much slower these days. Now I average about 10 posts/day, instead of my previous 30.

Mornin' all~

Looking things up is not cheating!
lol @ latency in minecraft :D
(typical propagation delay in electronics is a few to tens of nanoseconds.)

Yes, looking up is very much cheating, since the actual challenge is figuring it out yourself.

What's the problem with a 0.05 second propagation delay? (for mechanical operations, electrical delay is 0.1s).

Win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back