「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Dec 17, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #44,986 of 177,745
damn phone decided to retract keyboard for no reason while I was typing a mega post and my fingers landed on log out.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuui!!

@mech:
Nope I don't have jpopsuki or wtv it was called. I don't seed enough so there's no way that's happening. No space on HDD to seed anyway.

@jgray:
MH1C is super super bass happy. PortaPro are still more favorable in my eyes but definitely can't lie sideways on em.
I commute on rush hours and that makes it 1.5h one way. Studying depends if I secured a seat.

@bowei:
Dunno where that statement of yours (about Japanese women) came from? Three letters starting with an A?

@Tilpo:
Bravo for saving everyone from their math problems!

@deadly:
You want my apple earbuds? Not sure if its the same version as you're talking about (came with 4S).
And how did you check for exact break location? Unless it was an obvious one.

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #44,987 of 177,745
Hmm. I don't usually use my phone for notes since it's only a 4" screen (was 3.5"). I can see the viability if you're using a Note or Note 2 though, since my friend have one. 7" tablet is much more comfortable to read on, but since it's a bit big and cumbersome, I'm going to whip it out if I can't get a seat. Even then I'm still not going to since I'm a bit of a polite kid when I see some old person come in I'll give up my seat. /goodguyjgray91

Dec 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #44,988 of 177,745
@deadly

Ah...finally your old avatar is back.

I remember seeing it back with my old and naive welf when i just joined head-fi.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #44,989 of 177,745
Maybe I can buy your 007 for $1000 + $100 shipping, and then the price of the SR-009 suddenly becomes $2800 for you?
basshead.gif

I thought she was in SNSD so you'd know.......................

I will admit, her smile is really nice.... Dat smile

She bangs, she bangs~

Naww, I'm going to use the 007's until it plays off it's final tune, and then I'm going to spill strawberry milk on them and trolol summit-fi.

But I don't think these things will be dying anytime soon. :frowning2:

The funny part is that you are serious in doing that

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #44,990 of 177,745
Hmm. I don't usually use my phone for notes since it's only a 4" screen (was 3.5"). I can see the viability if you're using a Note or Note 2 though, since my friend have one. 7" tablet is much more comfortable to read on, but since it's a bit big and cumbersome, I'm going to whip it out if I can't get a seat. Even then I'm still not going to since I'm a bit of a polite kid when I see some old person come in I'll give up my seat. /goodguyjgray91

I don't use my Note for notes either. I use my handwritten notebooks and textbooks. For that I do have to sit.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #44,991 of 177,745
I see... I think you told me that before, but I forgot :/
Right after telling us to keep this thread on topic...
LOL! Prepare for more!!!
Me too! *High 5*
Yay, $45.2 per case seems pretty reasonable. That was within budget, correct?
LOL, you should always play saya alone, where nobody can hear you, with headphones in :D
Usually I don't recommend headphones with H games, as they reduce your ability to be ninja. But the soundtrack in saya is so damn good that it's worth it
They left the first scene in Japanese, where all of the characters voices are almost nonsensical, and then translated them to English when being told from third person. Personally I think it gives you a great sense of "oh, I can't understand a word these people are saying!"
I like your new avatar!
Dem blue eyes :)
Do it...
Lol, did you notice I'm split into 2 parts?

If it includes shipping than yes
Oh and apparently I'm going to get the Apple EarPods and name it Saya.

I doubt it would be better sounding than mh1c but usability kills mh1c for me especially on the go

Bowei marathoned Gunslinger Girl manga some time ago. Picked it up again back then but dropped because reading on a tablet.
Restarted (probably) yesterday and marathoned it myself...
...THE LAST TWO CHAPTERS DON'T WORK!!! ;_;
Also, 10/10.

Yeah. That was amazig... It was a decade long journey but man

I thought before, we allocated $30 for the case? Not sure. There should be a "Status" thread instead of multiple threads JUST for the design. I'm posting here because not sure which thread to hijack...
LOL! I wonder why though...
LOL. Not believing the end of the world

Ill re calculate when i get home

Because I like it. I tried it once when my friend just got an iPhone 5, and it went from bafflement to resigned grin. They are kind of good, and I like it. it's **** good.

For $30 there are mee that some really like but hey, you already demod apple earpods

Shipping included? I have no problem with that.
So total is like what? I now know that customs will add another 10% on item value...sigh...
And also, how heavy will it be?

Ill calc

Well that's... disappointing I guess. Just hoping the cost will still be under $200 I hope. Or at least not too far from that

Yes sub $200 total

Yay~~
And I'm approaching 4x HS LOL!

Get on my level

That's easy right?
After n throws the probability that at least one six was thrown is 1-(5/6)^n. Let this be A(6)
The probability that at least one five was thrown is 1-(5/6)^n. Let this be A(5)
So the probability that five was the highest number thrown is A(5)*(~A(6))=(1-(5/6)^n)*(5/6)^n (conditional probability)
The probability that four was the highest number thrown is then A(4)*(~A(5))*(~A(6))
Since A(1)=...=A(6), we will call of these A. A similar thing is true fo B.
Now, A > B if
A = 6:
Highest B = {1,2,3,4,5}
A=5:
Highest B ={1,2,3,4}
and so forth.
The probability that A > B with A=6 is:
A*(~B)
A=5:
A*(~A)*(~B)^2
A=4:
A*(~A)^2*(~B)^3
Let's add that up:
P(A>B) = A ((1 - B) + (1 - A) (1 - B)^2 + (1 - A)^2 (1 - B)^3 + (1 - A)^3 (1 - B)^4 + (1 - A)^4 (1 - B)^5), where A = 1-(5/6)^n, B = 1-(5/6)^m, and m,n positive integer.
And that's the answer.
Took me ~5 minutes. It was harder than expected, but not really that difficult either.
Kidney stones?
Here's my plan of attack:
1. Get rich like hell
2. Win at life
Having sex with such an empress is most easily achieved through cosplay, which is something money will take care of.
I can't even use FTP.
Stupid ISP giving stupid routers. (and yes, replacing it is a possibility, but it would be a PITA to make the TV still work, and it would cost money on top of that).
If you still want help shoot me a PM.
I have actually done this problem before a month or two ago (with some extra complications).
I saw that one before.
Must not go to France this... OH CRAP I'll be in France the 21st.
Slowpoke. I got 5 already.
Though it's going much slower these days. Now I average about 10 posts/day, instead of my previous 30.
Yes, looking up is very much cheating, since the actual challenge is figuring it out yourself.
What's the problem with a 0.05 second propagation delay? (for mechanical operations, electrical delay is 0.1s).
Win.

Same. I do 30/day now but whatever. Im emperor fi
Does Deadly really have kidney stone (I'm hoping a no of course)

I still remember when my grandma had kidney stones. My mom said she had to undergo laser treatment to destroy the stones. And to get them out, you have to piss the stones out with blood and all...

Dont..wanna...think...about...it...uuugh...

Anyway, Oyasumi minna. Gonna wake up early and continue my Clannad VN again

Clannad vn sounds great

The latest Chinese audiophile player ($150) is a rebranded other Chinese 'normal' player ($29).  I think dozens of people have already paid their pre-order money around here.  Flame war is imminent!....................

Link?

Nothing fancy then.

Anyone here  like Ginseng?  I bought a container of "Red Ginseng" at the chemist the other day, I took 5 pills at once to see if it does anything.  Then I think 2 or 4 the next day.  It does do something, I'm pretty sure, I feel funny.

Placebo?

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #44,994 of 177,745
Dec 17, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #44,995 of 177,745
LOLIIIIPOPPPPCHANNNNN. You look like a cute person again :x.

Yaaaayyyy~ :3:3

@deadly:
You want my apple earbuds? Not sure if its the same version as you're talking about (came with 4S).
And how did you check for exact break location? Unless it was an obvious one.

Nono, I think I have the same version, the new one started with the iPhone 5.

Thanks for the offer :D:D.

To find the break, I just kept bending the cable violently starting from the connector, and the sound started to cut in and out when I was jiggling it against it's strain relief. That's the most likely place for a break to occur, so it felt right.

@deadly
Ah...finally your old avatar is back.
I remember seeing it back with my old and naive welf when i just joined head-fi.

Mhmm, it's good to be back.

I remember seeing your avatar for the first time, and I was like "YYAAAAYYY THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE WHO LISTEN TO VOCALOID ON THIS FORUM", because you know, everyone is like HIGH QUALITY JAZZ + CLASSICAL RAWR around here.

The funny part is that you are serious in doing that

Just you wait and see. 
tongue.gif

Bish bash bosh, the headphone works without a hitch, my buddy will be very pleased. Putting the earpad back on was just about the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life.

EDIT: NOOOOOOO I MISSED PAGE 3K

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #44,996 of 177,745
Quote:
Nono, I think I have the same version, the new one started with the iPhone 5.

Thanks for the offer :D:D.

To find the break, I just kept bending the cable violently starting from the connector, and the sound started to cut in and out when I was jiggling it against it's strain relief. That's the most likely place for a break to occur, so it felt right.

Mhmm, it's good to be back.

I remember seeing your avatar for the first time, and I was like "YYAAAAYYY THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE WHO LISTEN TO VOCALOID ON THIS FORUM", because you know, everyone is like HIGH QUALITY JAZZ + CLASSICAL RAWR around here.

Yeah probably the same. Thought you wanted a spare xP

Ah okay, so the headphones are still functional, just the signal starts to cut.
Cause I have one where the ground wires are broken somewhere in the line but I don't know where! Doesn't seem to be at the connection to the driver, and there's no plug yet so can't be at the plug. Gonna recable them completely once I figure out how to remove the whole darn thang.

You mean it's all HQ jazz + classical around summit-fi? xP
Don't think any other of us here has summit-fi gear per say.
Well, Rik and kiteki maybe. And GL1TCH3D.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #44,997 of 177,745
Cause I have one where the ground wires are broken somewhere in the line but I don't know where! Doesn't seem to be at the connection to the driver, and there's no plug yet so can't be at the plug. Gonna recable them completely once I figure out how to remove the whole darn thang.

If that's the case, you have no choice but to recable the whole shebang. 
frown.gif

If it's a headphone, then you have a decent chance of repair, but you're outta luck if it's an IEM.

Dec 17, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #44,999 of 177,745
Quote:

If that's the case, you have no choice but to recable the whole shebang. 
frown.gif

If it's a headphone, then you have a decent chance of repair, but you're outta luck if it's an IEM.

*cues jgray*
The leads are sorta on the underside of the driver unit (circular part being held...? by the rectangular metallic pieces)
frown.gif

The cups are already kinda cracking, can't force it open.
frown.gif

I can actually reach the leads, but my soldering tip is a flat head and might start melting plastic around. It's stuck so I can't change it to a fine tip.
And I would still not be able to reach and remove the original cables unless I lift the driver unit. My only choice at the moment would be to unsolder the original cables, and recable from the top. New earpads (old ones are done and hardened anyway) would have to have a open space to let new cables through, but that would be ugly and might affect the sound a lot. Might affect comfort too.

Yes, still more chances/easier than recabling IEM tho xD

Quote:

I really likey this english cover.

I don't usually double post, but when I do, it's on topic. 
tongue_smile.gif

Quite good indeed! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back