A Morning at FitEar's Factory
Mar 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

One of our Japan Head-Fi'ers, shigzeo, visited FitEar's Chiba factory, and spent some time talking with Mr. Keita Suyama of FitEar.  He was able to learn about the history of FitEar, as well as see the production of the FitEar MH335.  Click here to read about shigzeo's visit with Mr. Suyama and see his photos of FitEar's Chiba factory.

What did you find most fascinating about shigzeo's trip to FitEar?

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 51
I should add that the grammar oblivions and lack of a concluding sentence are more the signs of the shochu I was drinking than the music that was in my ears. The grammar I can fix; my taste for the 70's, 80's, and 90's post-punk I can't. Alcohol? That's right out.

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #6 of 51
Quote:
I should add that the grammar oblivions and lack of a concluding sentence are more the signs of the shochu I was drinking than the music that was in my ears. The grammar I can fix; my taste for the 70's, 80's, and 90's post-punk I can't. Alcohol? That's right out.

70s/80s are excellent! :D
Excellent writeup as well!
So amazing that you were actually able to get a tour from the man himself!

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #8 of 51
Quote:
Don't forget the tea - never forget that. Or the anime songs.

What songs did you listen to? What anime pin ups!! 
tongue_smile.gif

-anime thread members unite-

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:25 PM Post #9 of 51
Quote:
Quote:
70s/80s are excellent! :D
Excellent writeup as well!
So amazing that you were actually able to get a tour from the man himself!

Don't forget the tea - never forget that. Or the anime songs.

Haha, how was that Japanese vending machine tea?
Also, what anime songs did you end up listening to?

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #10 of 51
Quote:
 my taste for the 70's, 80's, and 90's post-punk I can't. 

Better than those stupid anime songs 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anime, how childish......not that I would be caught dead listening/watching that stuff.

A serious question in queue - did you encounter any Private C435 units there? It seems that they aren't as heavily commercialized as with the other units, so not sure if they are still actively making those/having them available.

Mar 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM Post #11 of 51
Quote:

The tea was excellent. Japanese know how to get tea to taste great out of any sort of flask: be it plastic, aluminium, or... TITANIUM! Honestly, I have no idea what anime songs I heard. I learned all I know about anime music from that meeting and it is a very small platform indeed. I'm sorry, my geekiness is stretched to the full even to complete this sentence. Will work harder.
Quote:
Better than those stupid anime songs 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Anime, how childish......not that I would be caught dead listening/watching that stuff.

A serious question in queue - did you encounter any Private C435 units there? It seems that they aren't as heavily commercialized as with the other units, so not sure if they are still actively making those/having them available.

I did see a C435, but didn't listen to it. They don't seem to be out in public as often, which is interesting. I was more captivated by a yet unreleased ToGo! model that is, in Mrs. Suyama's words, "A go-getter," or "an earphone can do anything". I agree whole-heartedly. 

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #12 of 51
Quote:
I did see a C435, but didn't listen to it. They don't seem to be out in public as often, which is interesting. I was more captivated by a yet unreleased ToGo! model that is, in Mrs. Suyama's words, "A go-getter," or "an earphone can do anything". I agree whole-heartedly. 

Hoping that it will be a TG335.

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:26 PM Post #13 of 51
Quote:

Hoping that it will be a TG335.

basshead.gif

Still not sure how their numbering system works, but I'd be itching for a TG535 (assuming the first digit stands for crossover count, and the last digit stands for driver count). Would love to see how that turns out.

Quote:

Know we probably can't ask you to spill more beans....
So I will be wistfully waiting, and my wallet will be content...for the moment. 
eek.gif

Mar 26, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #14 of 51
Quote:
basshead.gif

Still not sure how their numbering system works, but I'd be itching for a TG535 (assuming the first digit stands for crossover count, and the last digit stands for driver count). Would love to see how that turns out.

Know we probably can't ask you to spill more beans....
So I will be wistfully waiting, and my wallet will be content...for the moment. 
eek.gif

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but their notation system works like that: the first digit is the number of ways, the second is the number of bores and the third is the number of drivers.

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #15 of 51
Quote:
Quote:

The tea was excellent. Japanese know how to get tea to taste great out of any sort of flask: be it plastic, aluminium, or... TITANIUM! Honestly, I have no idea what anime songs I heard. I learned all I know about anime music from that meeting and it is a very small platform indeed. I'm sorry, my geekiness is stretched to the full even to complete this sentence. Will work harder.

Haha, good to know if/when I ever get to visit Japan.
I guess it's true what they say then about the owner of fitear being an anime fan? 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back