Amp for SRH840's
Dec 31, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #16 of 23
I don't think you need an amp. Some nice converters would help. I use Apogee converters from the Apogee sound card with my Shure SRH 1840 and it sounds really amazing :)

Try an equaliser if you want more bass btw.

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #18 of 23
I don't think you need an amp. Some nice converters would help. I use Apogee converters from the Apogee sound card with my Shure SRH 1840 and it sounds really amazing :)

Try an equaliser if you want more bass btw.

Sorry, noob question here :)
Do you mean DAC when you say "converter?" If so, what DAC would you recommend?

Dec 31, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #19 of 23
Sorry, noob question here
smily_headphones1.gif

Do you mean DAC when you say "converter?" If so, what DAC would you recommend?

Sorry, I meaned the DAC (digital to analog converter) when I said that.  I'm not an expert on DAC's so maybe someone else could recommened one for you.

I personally like the Apogee converters. They are also highly regarded in the music industry. ( I bought it for music production mainly. Then I noticed it also acts as a very good DAC + AMP for headphones. But these sound cards cost more than $100 and only work on Apple products )

I read it's possible to use VST plugins with Winamp. So you could try VST Equaliser plugins and use it with Winamp. 

Dec 31, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #21 of 23
Sorry, I meaned the DAC (digital to analog converter) when I said that.  I'm not an expert on DAC's so maybe someone else could recommened one for you.

I personally like the Apogee converters. They are also highly regarded in the music industry. ( I bought it for music production mainly. Then I noticed it also acts as a very good DAC + AMP for headphones. But these sound cards cost more than $100 and only work on Apple products )

I read it's possible to use VST plugins with Winamp. So you could try VST Equaliser plugins and use it with Winamp. 

Where can I buy an apogee converter? They're not for sail on Amazon.

Dec 31, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #22 of 23
Where can I buy an apogee converter? They're not for sail on Amazon.

They are on the Apogee One, Duet and Ensemble sound cards. But they are out of your price range and only work with Apple products. So I think it's best to wait for someone who has experiences with DAC under $100 to give recommendation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back