Another limited edition A900
Dec 8, 2007 at 6:18 AM Post #31 of 70
2db sensitivity difference, and goes 2khz higher to 42khz, just in case you like listening to recordings of bats in flight or something.

a frequency response graph would be useful.

Dec 8, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #33 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2db sensitivity difference, and goes 2khz higher to 42khz, just in case you like listening to recordings of bats in flight or something.

a frequency response graph would be useful.

I wonder how long before somebody interprets that piece of data to mean the new one has "better treble extension."

Dec 16, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #35 of 70
" 7N Class Hi-OFC voice coil" Whatever that means. Doesn't say that in the regular A900 description.

Dec 16, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #36 of 70
Dec 16, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #38 of 70
img132.gif

Red is 900Ti, blue is the L3000.

That dip looks real sharp so it may be a resonance that a little bit of hand work could take care of. Maybe Markl will take this one on as well?

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:16 PM Post #39 of 70
Well looking like that, it has potential if it sounds much like L3K. Can I get this with a mini-plug and 1 meter cable?
I am kind of afraid these might be a bit too big for cafe use >.< But the sound is so close to L3K this might be a very tasty can.

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #40 of 70
For some reason there seems to be a little disdain for the "Limited" models of the A900, but I'm personally baffled as to why - the innards of these cans are very different, and very much more hi-fi. Both the ATH-A900LTD and the A900Ti have their own unique drivers, developed specifically for them, despite limited runs of 1000 - the A900Ti also has that Titanium housing, which is unlike anything that's come before. I think many say they're too expensive because of the perception, conscious or subconscious, that they are just an updated version of their namesake A900s.

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:29 PM Post #41 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well looking like that, it has potential if it sounds much like L3K. Can I get this with a mini-plug and 1 meter cable?
I am kind of afraid these might be a bit too big for cafe use >.< But the sound is so close to L3K this might be a very tasty can.

Just remember that this curve is only one aspect of the sound profile. The dynamic nature of the diaphragm (attack and decay) will have a big impact and it is this dynamic that is still unknown as to how to measure it. So this headphone that looks so much like a duck but does it sound like one is still an open question.

Dec 16, 2007 at 11:56 PM Post #42 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just remember that this curve is only one aspect of the sound profile. The dynamic nature of the diaphragm (attack and decay) will have a big impact and it is this dynamic that is still unknown as to how to measure it. So this headphone that looks so much like a duck but does it sound like one is still an open question.

I find myself mostly concerned about tone color/freq response these days, everything else became secondary because the times I use headphones sound quality is not the main concern (but a poor tonal balance can be very distracting, compared to lack of impact or overemphasized decay).

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:22 AM Post #43 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find myself mostly concerned about tone color/freq response these days, everything else became secondary because the times I use headphones sound quality is not the main concern (but a poor tonal balance can be very distracting, compared to lack of impact or overemphasized decay).

I think, based on my recent ESW9 purchase, and my other earlier ATs (ANC7) that AT is very much learning how to produce a correctly toned diaphragm at much lower prices. I was surprised in how well the lower cost ANC7 sounded. And I am even more surprised by my ESW9. I do not need another headphone or I would be jumping on the A900Ti just because of the noted evolution in the quality of AT's diaphragms that I perceive.

Dec 17, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #44 of 70
Ive been searching for a well rounded, easy to drive closed phone to replace my vintage RS2. I would love to have a sound sig half between RS2s and Hd600s with superb comfort. I love my RS2s but I need a tad bit of isolation and would like something comfie. I have a A700 on the way here, is that a good indicator of the AT sound? Cause I would consider the A900ti just because of its limited status, but can it be a jack of all trades? Think its on the same level of a SR225/RS2/HD580?

Edit: I'm not throughly impressed with the perceived build quality of Denons and A900ti versus W1000.....not a huge difference with price and get a limited edition phone.

Dec 17, 2007 at 1:04 AM Post #45 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ive been searching for a well rounded, easy to drive closed phone to replace my vintage RS2. I would love to have a sound sig half between RS2s and Hd600s with superb comfort. I love my RS2s but I need a tad bit of isolation and would like something comfie. I have a A700 on the way here, is that a good indicator of the AT sound? Cause I would consider the A900ti just because of its limited status, but can it be a jack of all trades? Think its on the same level of a SR225/RS2/HD580?

Edit: I'm not throughly impressed with the perceived build quality of Denons and A900ti versus W1000.....not a huge difference with price and get a limited edition phone.

I can't say whether the A900Ti is on the level with the HD580 but I think and a friend of mine has said that the ANC7 sounds much like the HD580. My ESW9 sounds better than my ANC7. I would expect that the A900Ti to sound even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back