Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Apr 27, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #76 of 509
I like the new look and feel, but this new design is really not user-friendly. I can't even find where to see my subscribed threads anymore to do my daily read-through. I didn't think this is what Jude mean't by maintenance. There isn't even any official guides posted that walk us through how to navigate the new site. I'm 21 years old and having issues, so I can't even imagine the difficulties that some of our older members are having.

P.S. - I am pleased with all of the new emotes / emojis though. I can't wait until we all post only using emojis.

- InsanityOne :anger:

Hey, I'm double your age and found my subscribed threads just fine! Lol. Click HERE for yours. That is where you'll see any of your previously subscribed threads.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #77 of 509
Since there is no longer a link to "subscribed" threads, it's now called "Watched," a link on the forum home page to look at only watched threads would be nice. Or is there one that I just cannot find?

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #79 of 509
Hey, I'm double your age and found my subscribed threads just fine! Lol. Click HERE for yours. That is where you'll see any of your previously subscribed threads.

I just found that but where is the button to get there from the actual site itself? Also, I don't understand why that page shows me threads that I know I have read already, and there is no button to "mark all as read" etc. This is going to take some serious adjustment...

EDIT: I see it now, its called "watched threads." Still not what I want really, but it will have to do for now.

- InsanityOne :confounded:

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #80 of 509
Just block them with Adblock, but still that leave huge margins everywhere.

Already running adblock. They run through it. But my point is the difference between the areas devoted to content vs areas devoted to ads. If I create custom scripts to block the elements that remain after adblock is enabled (and both the Noble and JH side rail and bottom banner ads remain), then each separate element of each ad must be blocked. In the JH one there are six separate layer elements that each require a custom script to eliminate. Ads should be far smaller and less intrusive and not dynamic (moving, blinking, scrolling, etc). Then I'd let them run. As it is, they're unacceptable.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #81 of 509
Thanks, that link worked, and I am actually used to this format on another forum, but where is a link to Watched Threads out on the site itself? I am not seeing it anywhere as a link. Also I wonder if you will get notices of new posts on your watched threads anywhere.

Clicking on Account Alerts top right of the page. You have a left column with some useful links, watched threads among them. You'll see new posts in the link above, new posts shows a blue dot on the left of each thread on that page. First clean the page as I told you.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #82 of 509
Since there is no longer a link to "subscribed" threads, it's now called "Watched," a link on the forum home page to look at only watched threads would be nice. Or is there one that I just cannot find?

Go to account alerts on top right under your username, then click watched threads on the left side, then at the bottom of that list is a link to see all watched threads.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #83 of 509
i'm very very confuse....

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #84 of 509
okay, I can write that here....hum, well, I got errors messages all the time on the forum I begin.it say 150 character max...but after that i'm unable to write...it say wait for X number of seconds etc...will try again but thats very strange.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #85 of 509
Head-Fi Character Limit.jpg
Wait a few days and the site should stabilize. The reviews could then be restored to its original size.

I sure hope so.

Reviews are not limited to 1000 characters(not even words. Characters). What

See attachment.

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #86 of 509
Already running adblock. They run through it. But my point is the difference between the areas devoted to content vs areas devoted to ads. If I create custom scripts to block the elements that remain after adblock is enabled (and both the Noble and JH side rail and bottom banner ads remain), then each separate element of each ad must be blocked. In the JH one there are six separate layer elements that each require a custom script to eliminate. Ads should be far smaller and less intrusive and not dynamic (moving, blinking, scrolling, etc). Then I'd let them run. As it is, they're unacceptable.

Yeah the site is fairly aggressive when it comes to ads now. I even use uBlock Origin (with a lot of additional scripts) and pretty much all of the ads remain unblocked. It is a shame, although I must admit that the Noble ad has some really pretty pictures.

- InsanityOne :cold_sweat:

Apr 27, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #90 of 509
Yes the pictures are pretty and intensely colored by comparison with the post area,, and big, can't focus as well on the text, the pictures are dominating my peripheral vision.

It's like having a bug flying around my eyes that I can't shew away.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back