Anybody figured out the new site yet?
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #92 of 509
I pretty much prefer the old layout where you can actually get a sneak preview of the latest post in every thread. And yes, there are just too many big pictures around.

However, the contrast and the overall feel is pretty pleasing.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #94 of 509
I like the new look and feel, but this new design is really not user-friendly. I can't even find where to see my subscribed threads anymore to do my daily read-through. I didn't think this is what Jude mean't by maintenance. There isn't even any official guides posted that walk us through how to navigate the new site and educate us on all the new features. I'm 21 years old and having issues, so I can't even imagine the difficulties that some of our older members are having. I just want the old navigation cluster that showed up when you clicked your profile back...

P.S. - I am pleased with all of the new emotes / emojis though. I can't wait until we all post only using emojis.

Edit: Also it appears that when you use one of the newer emojis that the placement is broken. There needs to be an official bug report thread as well.

- InsanityOne :anger:

I guess we've all become very used to the old look and this will take time. Even quoting as I have above is a little more long winded but no biggie. So have our old subscriptions disappeared? I can't find my old subs anywhere....

Oops - someone beat me to it. Thanks!!! :)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #95 of 509
This is how mobile site on desktop looks. Quite nice IMO.

dxxfcdGg.png

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #96 of 509
pretty hilarious that they think we will just buy something just because saw an add , this is headfi we spend weeks trolling threads and opinions before we splash any cash

This is a "free" site. How do people expect them to be able to afford to run it without ads? I also think it is very unfair when people talk about ad blockers. We should be more grateful for the money and effort expended for our benefit. I see ads as a very small price to pay.

Also, do you really believe ads don't work?

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #97 of 509
Can't even write on my forum....see some people struggle with number of words, me too, the ''error message'' pop up wathever I try to write on my thread (not here)....can't see reviews I made neither...all of this should stabilize in the futur or what?

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #100 of 509
I keep getting alerts but it seems the posts I'm going to I've already read several times. If having to hit the refresh button all the time to keep moving forward is this new format I'm going to be spending a lot less time here.

The site look and navigating it has changed significantly and as is typical with any website of any sort there's no tutorial, I'm wasting a lot of time figuring out how to do stuff by trial and error.

All my subscribed threads are set up to E-Mail but apparently that feature is not working for some reason. Maybe a conflict between this new format and my outlook program.

Disappointing.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #101 of 509
The new UI is not favorable, it is extremely sluggish.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #103 of 509
Erm, I can still get to the admin login page. You need to change the URL of the admin page, as now it is easily prone to a BruteForce attack and I am guessing you are not following a Password Policy.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #104 of 509
I'm not sure why they didn't just clean up and modernize the original layout of the site? I think that would have gone over much better with everyone.

- InsanityOne :thinking:

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #105 of 509
Are people getting access to watched threads on the mobile site? I'm following the steps but don't see the watched link when on mobile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back