Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon: February 10th, 2018

2 3 4 5 6 7
Next

Last
  1. Coolzo
    LATEST UPDATE: There will be a raffle at this meet! The prize? A little Schiit stack- a Magni 3 and Modi 2 (yes, both together). Tickets are $10 each, limit two (2) per person to preserve fairness.

Date & Time:
    Saturday February 10th, 2018
    10:00AM-6:00PM

Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix/Avondale
    11460 W Hilton Way
    Avondale, AZ 85323

*Wifi Password is HGI123*

*Please note the slightly different starting and ending times. For whom it may concern, setup start time will be the same as the Oct 21st meet*

Vendors and all sorts of gear welcome yadda yadda yadda. Maybe it's too soon, but hey! Our last meet was absolutely fantastic; let's make this one even better! Our friends at Schiit will be sponsoring the event once again :) We will be meeting in the same space as last time.

At lunch time, attendees should note that there is a Culver's and a Ruby Tuesday's in the same parking lot, as well as a plethora of places near the i10/101 intersection. However, there will be complimentary snack items at the meet. PLEASE ENSURE YOUR HANDS ARE CLEAN AND DRY BEFORE PROCEEDING TO ANY AUDIO EQUIPMENT(and the food itself, for that matter). Anyway, members will be able to enjoy a light dosage of crackers, cheese, fruit, and a few cookies on-site. Water, napkins, and moist towelettes will be provided. It should also be noted that the hotel has it's own restaurant/bar area, which is open for breakfast until 11AM(?), and re-opens at 5PM for dinner (closed during lunch).

Finally, there will be another raffle! The prize will be a little Schiit Stack- a Schiit Magni 3 amp and Schiit Modi 2 DAC, together. Tickets are $10 each, with a limit of two (2) tickets per person.

Without further adieu, here is the list of juicy audio bits! Please let us know what gear you'll be bringing, and it'll be placed below.

List of contributing insiders:
    Schiit Audio: Sponsorship, SchiitKit
    Audeze: Come talk to them at the meet! Head-of-sales rep and a whole bunch o' headphones.
    ifi: Pro iCan and Micro iDSD BL demo units

List of present gears (continually updated, italics might be present):
    Schiit Kit (DACs excluding Modi are Gen5 USB):

Schiit Fulla 2
    Schiit Modi 2
    Schiit Loki Mini
    Schiit Magni 3
    Schiit Jotunheim
    Schiit Bifrost Multibit
    Schiit Valhalla 2
    Schiit Gungnir Multibit
    Schiit Mjolnir 2
    *Come by the SchiitKit table to see the flagship stack, Ragnarok+Yggdrassil, too! (Courtesy of @anteroth)*

Headphones:
    An awesome amount of Audeze!
    Audeze LCD-4
    Audio Zenith PMx2 (super duper Oppo PM2 mod)
    Denon AH-D2000 (super duper modded, wenge cups)
    Focal Elear
    Focal Utopia
    Fostex TH-X00 (Lawton damping, Dekoni pads, Cardas cable)
    Fostex TH-X00 (Purpleheart, Lawton damping)
    Hifiman HE-560
    LFF Code Sex
    Meze 99 Classics
    MrSpeakers Ether C 1.1
    Sennheiser HD800 (all sorts of them!)
    Sennheiser HD800SDR
    Spirit Labs Ragnarr
    V-Moda M100
    ZMF Auteur
    Focal Clear

Headphone Amplifiers:
    AMB M3
    Ampsandsound Leeloo
    Audio-GD NFB-1AMP
    Bottlehead Mainline
    Bottlehead S.E.X. C4S 3.0
    Decware CSP2+
    Decware CSP3
    Decware Taboo mkII (upgrades on upgrades)
    Eddie Current Aficionado
    Eddie Current Black Widow 2
    Garage1217 Project Ember 2
    Schiit Lyr 2
    Schiit Ragnarok
    Violectric V281

DACs:
    Abbas Audio DAC2.0
    Beezar Pup DAC
    Metrum Amethyst
    Schiit Gungnir Multibit (Gen 2 or Gen 5)
    Schiit Modi Multibit
    Schiit Yggdrassil (Gen 5)
    Violectric V850

USB>SPDIF/DDCs/digital stuff:
    Audio-GD DI U8
    Audioquest Jitterbug
    Beezar Doodle Bug USB isolator
    M2Tech HiFace Evo
    Schiit Eitr
    Singxer SU-1
    Sonore ultraRendu w/ Uptone Audio power supply

DACAmps:
    Marantz HDDAC-1
    Sennheiser HDVD800
    Questyle CMA600i

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 4:41 PM
  2. Muinarc
    I'm always down for more meets.

Coolzo, koover and cskippy like this.
  3. 13713
    I am down... I am taking space next to koover again, just getting dibs out of the way. Mark me down same boring gear as always... Violectric stack.

Coolzo and koover like this.
  4. Gofspar
    attending :D

Coolzo likes this.
  5. koover
    Yeah brutha!

6. Coolzo
    I *still* need to listen to that "boring" stack. Closest thing I've heard is the Gustard H10, the supposed Chinese Violectric clone.

7. koover
    Right on guys. Hell, I’m ready next week.
    This last meet was so awesome and I believe this next one will be even better. For
    Me it’ll be so much better just because I finally got to meet everyone, hang out and enjoy the great company and gear.

Astral Abyss likes this.
  8. Coolzo
    Say, am I crazy to say that I want to try and get Senn, Beyer, and Fostex in on this? :) alongside the usual suspects, of course.

9. Coolzo
    Guys, looks like Schiit's on board for the next two meets already- winterSpringish (this meet) and summerFallish (Septemberish) :)

koover likes this.
  10. koover
    That’s incredible news. Knowing that ahead of time ensures the next 2 meets will be as good if not better then the last. Lots on planning ahead in the upcoming months. Come oooooon April!

11. Astral Abyss
    I'm in! Looking forward to hanging out with you all again. The last meet was a lot of fun.

12. funch
    I be in.

13. Coolzo
    Okay everyone, the room at the Hilton Garden Inn is once again reserved, however we did have to move the date back one month to February 10th, 2018. The meet time will be from 10AM to 6PM (setup time is the same as last meet, for those who are aware).

koover likes this.
  14. funch
    Oh darn! We have to do it a month early. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

15. dontfeedphils
    Totally unrelated to the meet, but hoping Phoenix people are sub'd to this thread. Anyone have a Mojo that they'd be willing to part with for a week or so? I'm interested in giving one a test drive before dropping the cash. More than happy to provide collateral, beers, pizza, or jazz cabbage in exchange.

Long shot, but figured I'd give it a try!

2 3 4 5 6 7
Next

Last