Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM
Feb 5, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #31 of 457
Will keep an eye here. This looks promising, at least as a big shake on the market.

Feb 5, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #32 of 457
What's the point of 120 db dynamic range, wouldn't that give you hearing loss instantly?
Any iem can do that, it's more dependent on the source and the music file you're playing (16bit is 96db, 24bit is 144db). They can count negative db into the 120db figure so it's meaningless to begin with.

Just your typical marketing bs, nothing new here.

Will keep an eye here. This looks promising, at least as a big shake 8on the market.
m̶a̶r̶k̶e̶t̶
wallet

Quote:
The Audeze Euclid is the company's debut closed-back IEM featuring 18-mm planar magnetic transducers with Fazor phase management. It is priced at $1299.

Source

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #33 of 457
Hopefully these are actually usable without any EQ or cipher. The isines and LCD-i were abominations.
No kidding. Tuning totally sucked even with cipher. Reveal and cipher was placebo as it seemed like there no real consistency with their driver responses. If one to actually see the measurement results of their EQ, it shows that their EQ doesn't really correct the bad driver tunings.

I just saw Crin's measurements, it's another odd tuning. Or lack there of.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #34 of 457
No kidding. Tuning totally sucked even with cipher. Reveal and cipher was placebo as it seemed like there no real consistency with their driver responses. If one to actually see the measurement results of their EQ, it shows that their EQ doesn't really correct the bad driver tunings.

I just saw Crin's measurements, it's another odd tuning. Or lack there of.
Looks much better than its predecessors to me, that huge treble void leaves a lot to be desired though.

The cipher doesn't fully fix it but its far better than stock

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 9:20 PM Post #35 of 457
Looks much better than its predecessors to me, that huge treble void leaves a lot to be desired though.
Well, yes. LCD-i4 was actually worse than their full-sized LCD series in terms of upper-mids. The one I measured was just beyond repair in terms of the tuning. You couldn't fix that with EQ. So, this one isn't comparatively worse tonally than the $2.4k disappointment (yes, I remember the huge prices on disappointments). No EQ with gigantic upper-mids applied in this case, that really didn't do anything. The driver does put out energy up top, which is a start.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021 at 9:39 PM Post #36 of 457
Now this is interesting!

Sub'ed

Feb 6, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #39 of 457
I may be the odd one out here but I actually thought the LCD-i4 sounded amazing so much so that I went on to buy the LCD4Z.

I did use Reveal and I did prefer it over the stock tuning, however I had no real issues with the stock tuning as to me the differences were fairly subtle.

The only reason I ended up parting company with the LCD-i4 was more about case use. It wasn't really an IEM for commuting or even taking somewhere on holiday with me so it spent most if its life with my desk top set up. Again it was great for those times when no-one was around and the house was quiet so I could fully appreciate its beautiful sound but unfortunately those times were all too limited for me.

The LCD-i4 along with the Sony IER-Z1R are my all time favourite IEM's

*I did also find the ear hooks a bit of a pain and had several break on me. They were also kinda pricey to replace and difficult to get hold of in the UK

Seeing the launch of this new closed back design from Audeze has definitely peaked my interest. I would have liked to see a retail of around £999 as that's kind of my personal sweet spot for IEM's, although I would probably stretch to the £1249 asking price here in the UK if future reviews suggest they may be worth investment.

The review on headphonics is very encouraging, however it does come across a little "gushing" so I think I will wait for a few more before deciding to push the button.

Side note. I do enjoy Headphonics reviews but the ad popups on their site are really irritating and are a very unwanted distraction and definitely not user friendly. Great site and source of information otherwise.

Feb 6, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #40 of 457
As I keep looking at pictures of the Euclid, the image of the Stax SR-003MkII (with the CES-A1 closed back covers oncomes to mind a bit.
40DF0605-82FE-454B-ACE8-621BC94C44A9.jpeg

I never got to try the Stax but would be curious to hear how these two sound against each other. EST vs Planar 😳

Feb 6, 2021 at 2:20 AM Post #41 of 457
As I keep looking at pictures of the Euclid, the image of the Stax SR-003MkII (with the CES-A1 closed back covers oncomes to mind a bit.

I never got to try the Stax but would be curious to hear how these two sound against each other. EST vs Planar 😳
That looks.......strange to say the least.

Feb 6, 2021 at 2:26 AM Post #42 of 457
Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 3:37 AM Post #43 of 457
Why my wallet is empty? Whyyyyyyy?
@Audeze which is the size of comply foam? 400?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back