Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 8, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #13,742 of 18,459

Check this out: 

The LCD-2 have such character:

More of my LCD-2 pics are on my LCD-2 review and in the LCD-2 photo album on my profile page. 
o2smile.gif

Wonderful pictures Windsor, will go check the review now!

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #13,743 of 18,459
In fact - though Windsor - I could not really see them clearly. I think you should send them to me in Taiwan without return address and let me check them personally 
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #13,745 of 18,459
     Quote:
How does your LCD-2 feel about you posting pictures of it in such a state of undress?

It says it doesn't mind as long as I let it sonically kiss the inside of my ears. 
o2smile.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #13,746 of 18,459
     Quote:
Excellent photos!  

For some reason, I flashed to Dr. Who.  

Thanks. 

The first two above remind me of an elephant and a squid - a bit like a zoo. 
wink_face.gif

Jul 8, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #13,747 of 18,459
While waiting for WA's feedback, I've been lost in the music with these things. Just fantastic, and I agree with what others have said, Rev 1 or Rev 2, you win :¬)

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #13,748 of 18,459
Agree with u man. I think I will wait for LCD 3 too. I think I might skip rev.2 since my rev.1 really sounds perfect to me. Everything is what I want and can't find any reason I should upgrade when I hv already had my perfect cans^^ even if rev.2 is truly better. 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
I did a ton of research before buying.  I had it narrowed down to the LCD2 vs HE5LE.  I loved the look of the LCD2's (except for the open cell foam)...so I bought 'em and never looked back. I received my Rev. 1 in early April.  I immediately asked Sankar and Alex for a leather headband.  A couple weeks later Alex emailed me and said he was working on one.  I ordered the leather headband and an extra set of ear pads just a couple days before they announced Rev.2.  I have not received these items, yet, but I love what they came up with!

LCD2's are wonderful and beautiful, to me.  I'll wait for LCD3 unless my LCD2's stop working.  I've had them playing constantly for the last 96 hours and have approximately 300 hours on them, total.

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:22 PM Post #13,750 of 18,459

Quote:
I hate Twitter, if only because I've never used it. If I want to share my every waking thought, I have Head-fi 
tongue.gif

But seriously, are they going to pick a "tweet" randomly, by the perceived cleverness of its content, or something else?

Can I tweet from a computer or do I need a portable device I wonder...

A little research into what goes through this new medium...

1. Pointless babble – 40%
  2. Conversational – 38%
  3. Pass-along value – 9%
  4. Self-promotion – 6%
  5. Spam – 4%
  6. News – 4%

Evidently it's a form of phatic communication.

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #13,751 of 18,459
grokit whoa...this is sexiest nude shot I have seen in last three years. Thank Gawd it has not been censored. Thank Gawd I have arm rests for letting me get a grip despite the biting of lips now bleeding badly and must consider visit to ER since on Coumadin (you know, that rat poison that is supposed to keill mice by making them bleed internally) from heart condition.

Gawd, you know you are getting old when a headphone shot hits the libido with more impact that lusting after Emma Watson who in my creative imaginings clearly fuses the heights of viriginal purity with the suggestion of the most heart breaking staggering sensuality. 

Enough to make a man believe in Gawd, but not quite. 

Or you know when two women in early thirties racing down up Highway 1 at Seat Ranch in green Bimmer convertible are less a turn on than the car. And the houses in Sea Ranch.

Back to Beethoven's Op. 16 No. 1. Or was that Mahler's 3rd?

Remember Camus and how he died (suicide?) 

A

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #13,752 of 18,459
It's official.   I have now become one of those crazy headphone people.   In addition to my SR-507's and ATH-W1000X's I now have a pair of LCD-2's on order.

I don't have a headphone collection.   I have an expensive headphone collection. 

I'll be curious to see how these work out of my iNova and my HDP.  

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:49 PM Post #13,754 of 18,459
I just purchased a LCD-2 on the FS to just check out what the fuss was all about only to find out that there is Rev.2.  Now I'm already thinking of Rev. 2.

My questions are:
1. I know the LCD-2 Rev.2 has better treble extension compared to Rev. 1 but when you compare the LCD-2 Rev. 2 to other headphones like AKG K70X or HD800, are they still considered on the dark side?   I mean it's all relative so could someone who has the Rev.2 comment.
2. Secondly, could you take the LCD-2 Rev.1 and add some treble by way of EQ and have similar treble extension to Rev.2?

thanks

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #13,755 of 18,459

Quote:
I just purchased a LCD-2 on the FS to just check out what the fuss was all about only to find out that there is Rev.2.  Now I'm already thinking of Rev. 2.

My questions are:
1. I know the LCD-2 Rev.2 has better treble extension compared to Rev. 1 but when you compare the LCD-2 Rev. 2 to other headphones like AKG K70X or HD800, are they still considered on the dark side?   I mean it's all relative so could someone who has the Rev.2 comment.
2. Secondly, could you take the LCD-2 Rev.1 and add some treble by way of EQ and have similar treble extension to Rev.2?

thanks

Don't have the Rev 2, but in comparison to the bright HD800, the original's treble is very much rolled off.

You CAN EQ in treble, but that really is not a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back