Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 9, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #13,876 of 18,459
This is why I've been saying some if not many will want both. Like the LCD-2 itself, the decision is deceptively complex. Many are waiting on a yay or nay decision. I maintain there will never be a definitely yay or nay on which is better. NOW THAT'S AN INTERESTING HOBBY 
o2smile.gif

Quote:
Now that has piqued my interest ;¬)

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #13,877 of 18,459
Did you love the Rev 1s before getting the Rev 2s?

Quote:
This is why I've been saying some if not many will want both. Like the LCD-2 itself, the decision is deceptively complex. Many are waiting on a yay or nay decision. I maintain there will never be a definitely yay or nay on which is better. NOW THAT'S AN INTERESTING HOBBY 
o2smile.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #13,878 of 18,459
So much. And I have ear issues with treble. And since I love the peak and D1, I might be going back to the rev1. The jury is still out. And that's the point really. There's no losing side. There will be enough interest in both that a healthy trade market may emerge at least until everyone has the model(s) they know they want. 

Quote:
Did you love the Rev 1s before getting the Rev 2s?

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #13,879 of 18,459
However it's more likely I'll add a rev1 than trade my rev2

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #13,880 of 18,459
Quote:
So much. And I have ear issues with treble. And since I love the peak and D1, I might be going back to the rev1. The jury is still out. And that's the point really. There's no losing side. There will be enough interest in both that a healthy trade market may emerge at least until everyone has the model(s) they know they want. 

As you hinted, system pairing may be the key to which revision to choose...

Analytical + Rev 1
Analogue + Rev 2

Since I have the Burson 160D, I'm very much looking forward to hearing the Rev 2s with it :¬)

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #13,881 of 18,459
Subscribed! My interest in LCD-2's has again been piqued by these r.2's. Amazing looking cans! Perhaps the best looking ones I have yet drooled over online.
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #13,882 of 18,459
I don't want to say that as rule, but as a starting point for the treble tremblers, yes. For everyone else, the rev2 is a no-brainer first purchase or eligible trade-in. For those not eligible, site back and enjoy you rev1. A Rev2 guy might come knocking soon with a trade offer.  For those who love their rev1's and are not letting them go, I salute you. Stick to your guns. You already have a great headphone. 

Quote:
Quote:

As you hinted, system pairing may be the key to which revision to choose...

Analytical + Rev 1
Analogue + Rev 2

Since I have the Burson 160D, I'm very much looking forward to hearing the Rev 2s with it :¬)

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #13,883 of 18,459
Quote:
I don't want to say that as rule, but as a starting point for the treble tremblers, yes. For everyone else, the rev2 is a no-brainer first purchase or eligible trade-in. For those not eligible, site back and enjoy you rev1. A Rev2 guy might come knocking soon with a trade offer.  For those who love their rev1's and are not letting them go, I salute you. Stick to your guns. You already have a great headphone. 

Agreed.

(I am indeed in the camp of treble trembling, hence chose HD650s over 600s.)

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #13,884 of 18,459
I hesitate to say, but I think I'd recommend to you and Tupac, the 2 people that have voiced concerns about treble more than once, that you both audition rev2 before switching.

Quote:
Agreed.

(I am indeed in the camp of treble trembling, hence chose HD650s over 600s.)

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:09 PM Post #13,886 of 18,459
Great. I will stick with my rev.1 cuz I really really hate treble, the less the better for me.

Quote:

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:16 PM Post #13,887 of 18,459
But if you could do away with treble entirely, wouldn't that be something! Just bass, mid-bass bloat and mid's, slathered with super bass. I mean, for 2 Live Crew and other Miami bass greats, am I right?! My spleen shudders with anticipation.

Quote:
Great. I will stick with my rev.1 cuz I really really hate treble, the less the better for me.

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #13,888 of 18,459
Yeah I know I know. Treble is just like other things. Wt I meant is no sibilance. Sorry used the wrong words .The less sibilance, the better for me.

BTW, for those u actually used leather headband. I know they look beautiful, what's ur impressions on comfort? Does it really improve a lot rather than looking cool? Cuz the original headband doesnt do a bad job at all.

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #13,889 of 18,459
But if you could do away with treble entirely, wouldn't that be something! Just bass, mid-bass bloat and mid's, slathered with super bass. I mean, for 2 Live Crew and other Miami bass greats, am I right?! My spleen shudders with anticipation.

Simple to achieve dude just buy a high end eq hook up your rig and move all the sliders or pots to the down or to the left..

Jul 9, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #13,890 of 18,459
Quote:
Yeah I know I know. Treble is just like other things. Wt I meant is no sibilance. Sorry used the wrong words .The less sibilance, the better for me.

BTW, for those u actually used leather headband. I know they look beautiful, what's ur impressions on comfort? Does it really improve a lot rather than looking cool? Cuz the original headband doesnt do a bad job at all.

I know it's there, I know it's leather, but it really doesn't feel different.  My headband is more snug, but my R.1s were snug for a while before loosening up.
The're both very comfortable.  I was really just worried about the foam breaking down over time, but it still looks ok.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back