Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 9, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #13,891 of 18,459
I'm curious about this too. It clearly looks like there's more mass there now. Is it tighter feeling on the sides of the head? I agree, the original is fine. I have a mostly bald head and central a/c. No headband worries. But the leather is...you know..leather. More leather = cooler.
cool.gif
 So I still haven't decided.

Quote:
Yeah I know I know. Treble is just like other things. Wt I meant is no sibilance. Sorry used the wrong words .The less sibilance, the better for me.

BTW, for those u actually used leather headband. I know they look beautiful, what's ur impressions on comfort? Does it really improve a lot rather than looking cool? Cuz the original headband doesnt do a bad job at all.

Jul 9, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #13,892 of 18,459
I'm curious about this too. It clearly looks like there's more mass there now. Is it tighter feeling on the sides of the head? I agree, the original is fine. I have a mostly bald head and central a/c. No headband worries. But the leather is...you know..leather. More leather = cooler.
cool.gif
 So I still haven't decided.

I put leather conditioner on mine and let it soak overnight and it made the leather softer so I would say that the leather is just as comfortable as the stock headband but the leather feels so nice.. hahaha

Jul 9, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #13,893 of 18,459
And your size adjustments are still the same or did you need to make changes?

Quote:
I put leather conditioner on mine and let it soak overnight and it made the leather softer so I would say that the leather is just as comfortable as the stock headband but the leather feels so nice.. hahaha

Jul 9, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #13,894 of 18,459

Quote:
Can someone who's heard the LCD-2 rev.1 and rev.2 tell me if there's any change to the 'boominess' of the LCD-2 from the rev.1 to the rev.2 i.e. is the 'boominess' the same, less, or more?

In my rig I never felt any boominess or hint of boominess with the LCD-2 r.1.  It was always tight, deep and controlled with excellent tonality.  I never experienced any bloat to the bass either.  

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #13,895 of 18,459

Quote:
I'm not criticising classical music, it's just not my cup of tea. However, I don't look down at people who do enjoy it or make comments like "it's a mystery how anyone someone can have that musical taste".

pp312 was just reinforcing the stereotype of classical enthusiasts being pretentious fart sniffers.
popcorn.gif

I said it's a mystery to me, and it remains so. I'm allowed to consider it a mystery, am I not, or has rock and rap so taken over the universal consciousness that it punishes doubters?

As for your last sentence, I must say I've never heard that expression in my life and fervently hope not to hear it again. Sorry, but I find that offensive.

PS: No, I'm not sorry after all.

PPS: Actually my post doesn't mention classical music at all.

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #13,896 of 18,459
First time I heard about the "fart sniffer" expression applied to pretentiousness was from a South Park episode, regarding people from San Francisco, IIRC.

Edit: Now that I think about it, my dad used to call people that sometimes when I was younger.  Maybe it's just uncommon in Australia?

Quote:

I said it's a mystery to me, and it remains so. I'm allowed to consider it a mystery, am I not, or has rock and rap so taken over the universal consciousness that it punishes doubters?

As for your last sentence, I must say I've never heard that expression in my life and fervently hope not to hear it again. Sorry, but I find that offensive.

PS: No, I'm not sorry after all.

PPS: Actually my post doesn't mention classical music at all.

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #13,897 of 18,459

Quote:
Can someone who's heard the LCD-2 rev.1 and rev.2 tell me if there's any change to the 'boominess' of the LCD-2 from the rev.1 to the rev.2 i.e. is the 'boominess' the same, less, or more?

Boominess? One of the things that struck me after switching to LCD-2 from HD650 was the unobtrusiveness of the bass. Where the bass was ever-present (but by no means overwhelming) on the 650, it only ever appears on the LCD-2 when bass is actually present--and I must admit, at times I kind of miss the gentle warmth of the 650. Boominess is certainly the last word I'd use in regard to the LCD-2.  

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #13,898 of 18,459
Quote:
In my rig I never felt any boominess or hint of boominess with the LCD-2 r.1.  It was always tight, deep and controlled with excellent tonality.  I never experienced any bloat to the bass either.  

Whenever I've experienced a boomy sound with the LCD-2, it's often been when I've been listening to acoustic-based recordings e.g. Miles Davis' Kind of Blue, and Bob Dylan's Modern Times (I was listening to the latter when I posted my point about the 'boominess'). Any 'LCD-2 boominess' I've heard has probably been due to a boomy recording. 

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #13,899 of 18,459

Quote:

Why are the old LCD-2s called r.1 now? This new version is the first time the sonic signature has been changed, or "revised". I guess all of the previous evolutionary changes in the LCD-2's ergonomics, functionality, and aesthetics add up to the first revision?

Quote:
First time I heard about the "fart sniffer" expression applied to pretentiousness was from a South Park episode, regarding people from San Francisco, IIRC.

It was actually about when the Sundance Film Festival people came to South Park for it's authenticity, then set about trying to hypocritically turn it into "another Aspen". It was pretty funny when they would fart into their empty champagne glasses and then bring it up to their noses in order to savor the aroma.
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #13,901 of 18,459

Why are the old LCD-2s called r.1 now? This new version is the first time the sonic signature has been changed, or "revised". I guess all of the previous evolutionary changes in the LCD-2's ergonomics, functionality, and aesthetics add up to the first revision?

I mentioned exactly this a couple days ago (a few hundred pages ago) and no one replied. I've noticed though that a few people have called the original LCD-2's the "Classic" and the LCD-2s with the new driver the "LCD-2.1s". That seems the most appropriate designations so far. :rolleyes:

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:36 PM Post #13,903 of 18,459
Quote:
I mentioned exactly this a couple days ago (a few hundred pages ago) and no one replied. I've noticed though that a few people have called the original LCD-2's the "Classic" and the LCD-2s with the new driver the "LCD-2.1s". That seems the most appropriate designations so far.
rolleyes.gif

...maybe Version 1 and Version 2 with the LCD-1s as Version 0. 
wink.gif

-HK sends

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #13,904 of 18,459
...maybe Version 1 and Version 2 with the LCD-1s as Version 0. 
wink.gif

-HK sends

I considered that, but to eliminate confusion, I think it would be better if we didn't bring the original LCDs into the picture. Aude'ze themselves has made a difference in designations when they named the new ones the LCD-2s so it doesn't make any sense for us to complicate things.

Anyway, how are you enjoying the new drivers now that you've had a little time to settle in with them? Revisiting everything again? :D

Jul 9, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #13,905 of 18,459

Quote:
Anyway, how are you enjoying the new drivers now that you've had a little time to settle in with them? Revisiting everything again?
biggrin.gif

Yes, I am!  I enjoy discovering new aspects to music I thought I knew so well.  Is it earth-shattering?  No, but there is a quality that I really enjoy.  I really feel that any sense of (perceived) veil in the treble is completely gone.
(For me), it is nicest sound I have heard in headphones.  They are a keeper!

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back