Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 18, 2011 at 6:05 AM Post #14,971 of 18,459
What is the diameter of the ear cups? They seem huge in photos!
I searched this huge thread, I found some questions about, but not really an answer.  If it is answered before, please forgive me.

Thank you

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #14,972 of 18,459
Quote:
I searched this huge thread, I found some questions about, but not really an answer.  If it is answered before, please forgive me.

Thank you

Just a touch over 11 centimeters, not including the part that sticks out with the cable sockets.
It's based on a quick measurement with a tape measure so may be a couple of millimeters off.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:21 AM Post #14,973 of 18,459
I wish someone would make an nice thin neoprene cover for the foam headband, it could just velcro on and would be perfect. I've been wanting one since my first pair and posted to that effect at least 800 pages or so ago lol.

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:36 AM Post #14,974 of 18,459
Quote:
Am I the only person that doesn't find the LCD-2 heavy at all? They are only 600 grams, "regular" full sized headphones would be around 400 grams. I don't even feel these on after a while.

I don't find them heavy either, forget they are there sometimes (!).

Quote:

Thank you

Just over 11cm.

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #14,975 of 18,459
Quote:
Just a touch over 11 centimeters, not including the part that sticks out with the cable sockets.
It's based on a quick measurement with a tape measure so may be a couple of millimeters off.

Didn't see that reply :¬)

Quote:
I wish someone would make an nice thin neoprene cover for the foam headband, it could just velcro on and would be perfect. I've been wanting one since my first pair and posted to that effect at least 800 pages or so ago lol.

Yes that would be quite handy. I do like the metal headband, not sold on the leather one yet.

Also interested to see the non-leather options later this summer.

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #14,976 of 18,459
I too think the foam and metal are very comfortable. The leather looks nice, but not for 100 dollars. 

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:53 AM Post #14,977 of 18,459
Six66 more posts to go then holy hamster hell breaks loose, hold onto your hats folks...

biggrin.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:57 AM Post #14,978 of 18,459
Quote:

Now this is a great idea. Let me go to the drawing board when I finally get around to purchasing a pair (hopefully in the coming weeks!).

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #14,979 of 18,459
We should know about the non-leather options in a couple weeks. Personally I'm hoping for velour ear pads

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:04 AM Post #14,980 of 18,459
I don't think the leather headband adds significant weight compared to the foam. Well, at least I don't feel that much of a difference. I do think it makes LCD2 look more complete. I ordered one for my Rev1 but not my Classic. I want it to remain "CLASSIC"
o2smile.gif

Can someone tell me whether is this the longest running thread ever in the entire history of Head-Fi? What's going to happen if it hits 1000?

beerchug.gif

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #14,981 of 18,459
Quote:
I too think the foam and metal are very comfortable. The leather looks nice, but not for 100 dollars. 

Indeed, plus the import costs to the UK.

Quote:
We should know about the non-leather options in a couple weeks. Personally I'm hoping for velour ear pads

My sentiments exactly. I wonder if it's a DIY upgrade, or rather, a return process.

When (gently) pulling the pads away from the outer wood, I could only see stretched glue. I was hoping that there would be some kind of inner metal ring which would 'pop' out, making them easy to swap over.

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #14,982 of 18,459
Quote:
I don't think the leather headband adds significant weight compared to the foam. Well, at least I don't feel that much of a difference. I do think it makes LCD2 look more complete. I ordered one for my Rev1 but not my Classic. I want it to remain "CLASSIC"
o2smile.gif

Can someone tell me whether is this the longest running thread ever in the entire history of Head-Fi? What's going to happen if it hits 1000?

beerchug.gif

The Stax thread is already over 1000 pages, I'm sure there's others too.

I'm not really a fan of leather on headphones, they make the skin sweat. Saying that, I do love the LCD-2 pads/cups.

Jul 18, 2011 at 7:09 AM Post #14,983 of 18,459

I think you answered the question right there. Still, it seems like more headaches for them to have to deal with us sending them back for the upgrade. 

When (gently) pulling the pads away from the outer wood, I could only see stretched glue. I was hoping that there would be some kind of inner metal ring which would 'pop' out, making them easy to swap over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back