Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 25, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #12,841 of 18,459

Quote:
Owning both the LCD-2 and the HE-500, my take is that the HE-500 is "easy to drive" is not correct, at least not comparing it to the LCD-2. Had the HE-6 in the house also the last week and compared to them the HE-500 is easier to drive. The point I´m trying to make is that "easy to drive" is a relative term, not an absolute term concerning the HE-500.

Good post. The HE500 is easier than the HE6 but it still requires some power to get the best out of them. My Taboo handled them easily but my CSP-2 could not drive them. The LCD2 could be driven on my OTL so it is much easier to drive than the hE500 but compared to the HE6 which  is brutal to drive unless it has power the 500 is for most not going to be an issue.

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #12,842 of 18,459
My LCD-2's just arrived. This being my first high end pair, and despite being powered by a lowly ef2a, these are jaw dropping and fun. More to come as i just cant seem to put them down or try to read my books.

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #12,843 of 18,459

Quote:
Owning both the LCD-2 and the HE-500, my take is that the HE-500 is "easy to drive" is not correct, at least not comparing it to the LCD-2. Had the HE-6 in the house also the last week and compared to them the HE-500 is easier to drive. The point I´m trying to make is that "easy to drive" is a relative term, not an absolute term concerning the HE-500.

Quote:
Good post. The HE500 is easier than the HE6 but it still requires some power to get the best out of them. My Taboo handled them easily but my CSP-2 could not drive them. The LCD2 could be driven on my OTL so it is much easier to drive than the hE500 but compared to the HE6 which  is brutal to drive unless it has power the 500 is for most not going to be an issue.

X3, you guys nailed it.

Jun 25, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #12,844 of 18,459
When I level matched my he500 and lcd2. The lcd2 sounded louder than the he500. I think the larger soundstage of the he500 allow for some higher volume. I ende up turning the lcd2 down some. When level matching them, they were only about 30min apart in volume control.

Jun 25, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #12,846 of 18,459
I didnt get the whole 1/8 jack thing either. That is the cable I received with mine. Luckily I already had a balanced cable made and waiting for when it arrived.

Jun 25, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #12,847 of 18,459

Quote:
I didnt get the whole 1/8 jack thing either. That is the cable I received with mine. Luckily I already had a balanced cable made and waiting for when it arrived.

Neither did I. he wants a portable headphone. Its way too bigh to drag around and certainly not portable and 900.00 phones are usually going to be used in the home.

Jun 25, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #12,848 of 18,459
Must admit I was hoping for a mini jack with large adapter as I use a portable amp. Having said that I use the Grado adapter which works fine. I am thinking about getting an after market cable (keep thinking to do it and then realize I love the sound too much already!) if I do it would have the mini jack termination as i doubt I will ever use a full size amp due to the nature of my life which is fairly transient! Talking of which, heading home tomorrow and have found the travelling case so useful! I have been able to take my large phones with me for the first time on an extended trip, it has been so nice to listen to full size phones in my other home, normally I just listen to my IEM's!

Jun 27, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #12,850 of 18,459
The LCD-2's are less sensitive than conventional magnetic headphones. I am running my LCD-2's from a Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear (approx 120mW into 50 Ohms) and happy with the sound levels. Sounds great, really great.

(I just saw the "Wall" emoticon on VE and am still laughing. It has pipped our "dead horse." Classic.)

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:07 AM Post #12,851 of 18,459
I just got my Audeze LCD-2 phones today.
o2smile.gif

Because of an error I made during my first attempt at paying the Lake People for the Violectric HPA V200,it will not be arriving for a few days yet,thus I have been using the headphone socket of my Kenwood L-A1 integrated.

I was less than impressed with the LCD-2 fresh out of the box.Decidedly unimpressed.I use an extension cable to run the lead from the headphone socket,to my listening chair.I realise now that there was a connection issue that had arisen,having sorted that out I was getting very nice sound out of the Audeze and it was only the third LP side played through them.
I'll do some more listening through them and update my impressions soon.

Jun 28, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #12,852 of 18,459
have you guys heard any talk about an upcoming new revision of the LCD-2 in the next couple of weeks?

Jun 28, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #12,854 of 18,459
I think they are still busy keeping up with demand for the LCD-2 and the dead driver issues. The last thing I heard was that they may be making a leather headband cover to cover up that unattractive foam. But nothing regarding a completely new revision. 

Quote:
have you guys heard any talk about an upcoming new revision of the LCD-2 in the next couple of weeks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back