Audeze LCD-4
Oct 29, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #1,246 of 12,023
Ordered a shirt as well plus a little more so they don't lose too much money on it :).

Oct 29, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #1,247 of 12,023
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-king-headphone-amp-by-bascom-king-for-audeze#/

sorry I have the App, so was no linkage

Look for $5 Big thanks perk and click right arrow down.

yes an Audeze product that leaves the shirt on your back..8p

Cool, just did it, thanks for the info!

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #1,249 of 12,023
Indeed. Shembot's initial impression is most unfortunate :p

And it only took 80+ pages to get the first useful impression!

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #1,250 of 12,023
Indeed. Shembot's initial impression is most unfortunate
tongue.gif

And it only took 80+ pages to get the first useful impression!

I feel bad for people who will start looking at this thread in the future....they're going to be mired in so much whining and nonsense for pages and pages before they get to anything remotely helpful.

The OP should add a bold statement in the first post to just skip to page whatever to save them the agony!

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #1,252 of 12,023
Hi. I was wondering if the new suspension-type headband will become standard with all LCD models currently for sale or will it cost extra? If it is an optional add-on, is it possible for you guys to install it for us prior to shipment? Lastly, are there instructions on how to install it on existing LCD headphones? Thanks. 

Hello Joseph

Thank you for contacting us! Apologies for the delay. The headband will be available for LCDs for an extra cost. We have no plan at this time regarding the headband installation on newly purchased units. The installation is the same as the standard headband.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards
Kim.

In-case anyone was interested. Shouldn't be hard at all to replace ourselves but it'd be nice if they came with it to save time. Something to inquiry about.

Oct 30, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #1,253 of 12,023
If I got payed £1 for every bad joke I've done on this thread..

I'd have 2 t-shirts.. ..

Does the 30 day policy still apply...

NN all have a good 1..

OK, I have done my part for playing "straight man" (in a comedic sense) to your "marrying for bling and headphones" joke. Plus, I was a little short (not in a comedic sense) on the LCD-4/King:beers:.

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #1,254 of 12,023
I'm curious if those who have tried the new headband find it more comfortable than the traditional Audeze headband (which I find very comfortable). I actually kind of prefer the fixed headbands on phone vs. the suspension strap which sometimes can bounce around and feel vaguely unstable or too "springy".
For example, the HD800 has no suspension strap, nor does the Grado GS1000, which I consider to be highly comfortable. I do really miss the old foam-lined version that Audeze used to offer on the LCD2. I wish they would bring that one back. I suggest they offer the old foam one as an LCD4 option.

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #1,255 of 12,023
OK, I have done my part for playing "straight man" (in a comedic sense) to your "marrying for bling and headphones" joke. Plus, I was a little short (not in a comedic sense) on the LCD-4/King:beers:.

Cheers I've not added much to the thread, I do apologise. Was just trying to liven up the thread as we waited for the blessed to cough up some impressions. Now Shembot kindly got the ball rolling.

I am still giggling over the HD 800S video..The wife gives me funny looks..

Oct 30, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #1,256 of 12,023
I'm curious if those who have tried the new headband find it more comfortable than the traditional Audeze headband (which I find very comfortable). I actually kind of prefer the fixed headbands on phone vs. the suspension strap which sometimes can bounce around and feel vaguely unstable or too "springy".
For example, the HD800 has no suspension strap, nor does the Grado GS1000, which I consider to be highly comfortable. I do really miss the old foam-lined version that Audeze used to offer on the LCD2. I wish they would bring that one back. I suggest they offer the old foam one as an LCD4 option.

Ebay or ask for a spare LCD2 band if Audeze have in in stores.

Or use Aliexpress find a cheap headphone and cannabalise a comfy band off it. I've even saw some wool sock things. If it's just you and your comfort at home...

I saw a memory foam cushion in a ROLLS-ROYCE motor..

Oct 30, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #1,258 of 12,023
Not very good advice.. but I am like a plague carrier, you may not like what you get.. but you always come away with something..

Selling of the stock band may offset, a carbon fibre upgrade. ( Mod that easily, sticky stuff comes off easy on carbon fibre)just watch the solvent..

Not all LCD guys come here, second hand resellers ebay ect.
Good luck regardless RGS have a good weekend mate 8^)

Oct 30, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #1,260 of 12,023

Yes, it's more comfortable without question. And it's not springy at all, because Audeze has placed the suspension strap very close to the carbon fiber piece, so when you wear them there is just a very small space between the two. Not only does this lend itself to a very comfortable fit, but it also looks less ridiculous than some of the suspension bands where it looks like you have a huge arc protruding from your noggin. The new headband distributes the weight very effectively, to where it makes the headphones feel lighter on your head (for all you girly men out there who whine about the weight).

The way I have been explaining it is that while I never had much of a comfort issue with my LCDs in the past, comfort also wasn't a "positive", like it was with my T1s, for example. But now with the new headband, that's changed. Comfort is more of a positive now. I've always loved how cool the Audeze leather earpads stay while they're on, but now I don't get any hotspots on top of my head and the flex in the new headband is the perfect tension.

To me, it's a big time winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back