Audeze LCD-X
Oct 7, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #33 of 12,748
The LCD-X looks like it is not made of wood (I don't think it's been mentioned yet). Do we know what materials have been used?

It's some type of metal. I saw the prototype version in person.
wink.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #34 of 12,748
I wished they would have also worked on the ergonomics while keeping the audeze look.
Looks like the exact same headband and earcup construction despite the different materials for the housing.

I know those are still prototypes, but I don't think they will change it.

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #35 of 12,748
I'm wondering if the X isn't really meant to be between the 2 and 3 sound quality wise, but instead intended to offer a different flavor, something different than what we think of as the Audeze house sound. In other words, maybe it won't just be more of the same but different :) I think that would be a lot more interesting

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #36 of 12,748
It's some type of metal. I saw the prototype version in person. :wink:

Interesting. After warranty work on my lcd2.2 which I sold right after I got it back, I completed a survey solicited from audeze. I stated that I would not buy another headphone from them unless they got rid of the wooden housing. My rosewood version developed 3 separate cracks in about 8 months.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has brought this up to audeze.

Seems like they are listening to customer feedback, if indeed the production model is housed in metal. I'll have to seriously consider purchasing one.

Oct 8, 2013 at 3:27 AM Post #37 of 12,748

•  
  •  
  •  
Interesting. After warranty work on my lcd2.2 which I sold right after I got it back, I completed a survey solicited from audeze. I stated that I would not buy another headphone from them unless they got rid of the wooden housing. My rosewood version developed 3 separate cracks in about 8 months.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has brought this up to audeze.

Seems like they are listening to customer feedback, if indeed the production model is housed in metal. I'll have to seriously consider purchasing one.

I asked Audez'e for a neutral LCD-3 in that same survey. Looks like the X is a hybrid of your wish and mine.
biggrin.gif

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #38 of 12,748
  I asked Audez'e for a neutral LCD-3 in that same survey. Looks like the X is a hybrid of your wish and mine.
biggrin.gif

It seem smart for Audez'e to make a more "neutral" version,  if you own the LCD-3 there are no big reasons to own the LCD-2 (some exceptions apply),

Now with this version, it makes sense to own an LCD-2/3 and an X version. (If owning thousand dollars headphones falls into any kind common sense).

With the new supposedly sturdier build (metal frame), could it be that they are trying to approach the studio/monitoring crowd?

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #43 of 12,748
Just came across this link http://www.technologytell.com/hometech/101206/audeze-lcd-x-and-lcd-x/
Has lcd-x in a different color than Jude's preview model. Might mean there will be some options

Oct 9, 2013 at 12:07 PM Post #44 of 12,748
Just came across this link http://www.technologytell.com/hometech/101206/audeze-lcd-x-and-lcd-x/
Has lcd-x in a different color than Jude's preview model. Might mean there will be some options

Not sure why but that grey looks really cheap/ugly to me.  If they just did machined aluminum with some sort of light brushed finish I think that look really nice.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back