Audeze Mobius review / impressions
Sep 29, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #4,277 of 5,780
Seems the ear cup plastic has about a year shelf life on it. Going to need to find a way to reinforce it quick. I would hate for a second pair to break right there

Yeah, its almost been a year since I got them

Sep 29, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #4,278 of 5,780
Hopefully they're working on a solution for this trend.

Sep 30, 2019 at 5:29 AM Post #4,279 of 5,780
"Unable to Connect, DFU driver may not have been installed"Now what?
To disable driver signature enforcement do the following:
  1. Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard and click the Restart button.
  2. Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings and click the Restart button.
  3. When your computer restarts you’ll see a list of options. Press F7 on your keyboard to select Disable driver signature enforcement.

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #4,280 of 5,780
Hi guys, since updating firmware (and sometimes before I updated as well) I have had a problem whereby on Bluetooth I am unable to switch 3D on/off (holding the button has no result), also trying to change EQ presets does nothing except produce a beeping sound. The only way for me to do this is via the HQ app which obviously is too inconvenient going forward. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks

Oct 4, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #4,282 of 5,780
Hi guys, since updating firmware (and sometimes before I updated as well) I have had a problem whereby on Bluetooth I am unable to switch 3D on/off (holding the button has no result), also trying to change EQ presets does nothing except produce a beeping sound. The only way for me to do this is via the HQ app which obviously is too inconvenient going forward. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks
This happened once or twice when I was on firmware v3 but was fixed with a power cycle.

Oct 4, 2019 at 6:20 AM Post #4,283 of 5,780
The same version has been officially released and the DFU driver is still unsigned on my PC.

Oct 4, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #4,284 of 5,780
My mobius is making a strange scraping-like sound when I'm connected via USB C to my computer. I'm using the USB-C to USB-A cable that came with my mobius (which I've heard isn't great). When I move my head or something brushes against the cable, I hear a sound that I believe is the cable jiggling/moving inside its connector on the headphones. It's not super loud and doesn't interrupt the audio, but it is annoying. Is this due to the cable, or the headphones, or something else?
I've been planning on upgrading the cable once this current one dies, but should I upgrade now? Does anyone recommend any cable? I figured I could get the cheapest "good" cable. I don't want anything too thick/inflexible, as I have to route the cable around my gaming chair. I can use a 4-6ft usb-A to C cable, or a 10+ft USB-C to C (I have front-side USB-A ports but only one rear USB-C).

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #4,287 of 5,780
So I thought my problem with distortion and sibilance was taken care of with the update, but the second the headphones auto shut off, the overdriven sound returned in 7.1 mode. This really sucks. Is there nothing that can be done? I'm sick of paying to ship them out of I'm going to keep getting defective headphones.

Oct 6, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #4,288 of 5,780
So I thought my problem with distortion and sibilance was taken care of with the update, but the second the headphones auto shut off, the overdriven sound returned in 7.1 mode. This really sucks. Is there nothing that can be done? I'm sick of paying to ship them out of I'm going to keep getting defective headphones.

Not sure if we've been through this before it not, does the overdriven sound occur after you change modes? What happens if you unplug and plug it back in again once you have it set to the desired mode?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back