Audio-GD Master 9
Nov 29, 2013 at 1:30 PM Post #31 of 2,624
  Thanks Mshenay!

Let me give you some backgound on my end.  Right now I am running HD600's with a Crack+Speedball with an NFB12.1 as the DAC.  It's a great sounding system - don't get me wrong - but it's not really my sound.  I don't care for the bass on the HD600's.  I find it uncontrolled, and bloated.  I find the treble lacking in detail.  The whole system is warm, but slow and almost muddled.  I guess, it has the 
deadhorse.gif

I've auditioned most of the flagships - T1, HE-6 + HE-500's, HD800, TH-900's and I really feel in love with the HD800's.  I'm on the journey (as many have been before) on the right amp + dac combo for me for the HD800's.  I am looking for an end game setup.

Then if I was going end game... well I'm not sure... Schiit or Audio GD honestly

Either way always keep as clean a Dac as possible. The PCM based dacs... are not "un clean" but the lack the detail of the Ess Sabre and others 

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #33 of 2,624
Actually, I think the M9 has buttons for the volume control. The picture used on the website seems to be an older model and not the M9. Better to drop an email to Kingwa to confirm this.

Good to hear more people picking up the M9. Hopefully we will see some impressions soon.

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #37 of 2,624
7 days is really quick. I suppose he has some units of the M9 that has already been built and tested. Based on my experience, A-Gd takes approximately 2 to 2.5 weeks to build, test and ship if they run out of available stock for the Master series.

Good thing though, you'll have a new system just in time for Christmas.

Dec 12, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #39 of 2,624
According to Kingwa the master 9 have a new design witch can be seen at their website. I got a 10 days lead time then ordered in the end of November, but because of the change in chassis design it will be few days more. Kingwa said the new bath was now burn in, so hopefully he will ship mine soon.

Dec 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #40 of 2,624
Oh btw guys, did I mention I got mine Audio GD NFb 10ES2 in 3 days... well 5. Paid for it on a Holiday, 2 days later during what was a REALLY BAD Moonsoon I got an email with a DHL tracking... 3 days later DHL was at my door :O I was shocked

Seriosuly I tip my hate to King Wa for Uber Fast shipping on his end! 

Dec 12, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #41 of 2,624
I put in my order last night for one of these. This will be my first AGD amp so I have no expectations other than I hope it sounds good. Sold off my GS-X mk2 for a DIY amp but that will take awhile so the Master 9 will have to do in the meantime. 

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #42 of 2,624
  I put in my order last night for one of these. This will be my first AGD amp so I have no expectations other than I hope it sounds good. Sold off my GS-X mk2 for a DIY amp but that will take awhile so the Master 9 will have to do in the meantime. 

Great to hear. Do let us know your thoughts of the M9 and how it compares to the GSX mkII.

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #43 of 2,624

Tells us how it sounds with your new HE-6
wink_face.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #44 of 2,624
My previous experience with Master 8 didn't go too well with HD800, too much air than I will like, making music sound too dreamy and distant. Pairing with HE-6 was fine but I thought it did not sound as dynamic and 3 dimensional as compared to using my Mini Torii amp. Pairing with Lcd2.2 on the other hand, was great as it gave the lcd2.2 the needed air and wider soundstage. Not too sure how much different Master 9 will sound, hopefully it has improved much from Master 8. By the way, Dac used was Master 7.

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #45 of 2,624
My previous experience with Master 8 didn't go too well with HD800, too much air than I will like, making music sound too dreamy and distant. Pairing with HE-6 was fine but I thought it did not sound as dynamic and 3 dimensional as compared to using my Mini Torii amp. Pairing with Lcd2.2 on the other hand, was great as it gave the lcd2.2 the needed air and wider soundstage. Not too sure how much different Master 9 will sound, hopefully it has improved much from Master 8. By the way, Dac used was Master 7.

Yea, I'd figure that the HD800 would sound a bit too thin. I personally feel the HD800 belongs with a good tube amplifier, which is why I ordered the Stratus. I'm really hoping the M9 does well with the LCD-3 and HE-6. I'll be pairing it with the AMR, so hopefully the combo with the slightly warm DAC will synergize well. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back