Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread
Dec 4, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #137 of 2,803
Vmoda is semi on ear and pads are shallow unless you get the xl pads. Comfort with the regular pads don't come close to the AT's. XL pads will come close. Sound wise, the AT is way ahead except the vmoda will have fuller bass.

Dec 5, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #141 of 2,803
The MSR7 is at Yodobashi camera now...I have mixed feelings.  They sound great, but they don't wow me.  I also didn't like the Twix-like headband or the thin plastic holding the sliders in place.

Dec 5, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #142 of 2,803
  The MSR7 is at Yodobashi camera now...I have mixed feelings.  They sound great, but they don't wow me.  I also didn't like the Twix-like headband or the thin plastic holding the sliders in place.

Is the sound not wowing you because....lack of bass..?

Not enough detail? too much detail? What headphone sounds better than it? I am genuinely curious.

I am experiencing a love and hate relationship with it because of my treble problems with it.

I think I'm starting to get accustomed to the treble. The mids and lows are pretty fantastic, while the treble (in most good recordings), don't sound unnaturally splashy.

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #143 of 2,803
I may buy them just to change up my gear because they are still a good price for the performance.  I'll probalby go back tomorrow with my DAC.

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #144 of 2,803
i think this MSR7 is like an Urbanite with more BITE. 

Dec 5, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #145 of 2,803
i got to audition the msr7 and urbanite xl today. physically, i pretty much like the msr7 - the look of the urbanite doesn't appeal to me - yet. but sonically, i am leaning more on the urbanite. it's like a more refined hd25 ALU. the staff mentioned that they just got the msr7 2 days ago and they are still burning them in. the treble can sometimes be too peaky, i miss the bass for some tracks. to my ears, they sound like they bumped the mids up. i will be heading back next week and audition the msr7 again. let's see how they go...

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #146 of 2,803
Headphones  >  Audio Technica  >  ATH-MSR7  >  ATH-MSR7 GM [gunmetal]

boy3.gif

AG-field 's
  1. Reviewed Number: 2
  3. Total support count: 24 people
  5. Number of Fans: 0 people

Category to improve post
Headphones
I see more

icon_rereview.gif
December 6, 2014 01:08 [775966-2]

Design
One​
Treble sound quality
Two​
Sound quality of the bass
One​
Fit
One​
Outside sound barrier properties
Two​
Sound leakage prevention
Two​
Portability
Three​
Level of satisfaction
One​

The state as it is rip-off of commodity

This is the evaluation of in Kikikon borrowed from a friend of Audio-Technica fan.
MDR-1Rmk2 of Sony owns. [Design] This would be completely rip-off of Sony. If you have been making noise in Twitter, I've seen the real thing so was worrisome really it was intact. Accessories also 1Rmk2 and as it is the same. Other red ring also, ear cushions, such as ventilation holes, a fine place is too similar. To position this as a 40th anniversary model, you doubt the stance and policy of Audio-Technica. [Treble of the sound quality] ish Audio-Technica, but when you listen to the package you will hear in bright sound, treble is noticeable roughness of a particular peak. Even if the vocal, and hear especially shrilly for female vocal, I feel contrived seasoning. Conversely, very unnatural for male vocal. Such as singing without sucked the breath, you can hear in the jammed feel. [Sound quality of bass] also there is no interference here, we outline also vaguely. Massive is also not enough little, Although it is hard to notice because the volume is small, you can hear it wearing the pretty vocal. [Fit] tightening is too strong, it is not very long period of time is given. Is painful. After, I feel pretty heavy when would compared to Sony's.[Outside sound barrier properties] look good and so vacant hole a lot of the body, you can come in fine. [Sound leakage prevention] As with barrier properties, and are likely to still leak. [Portability] It depends on the bag, but in general carry that it might especially troubled. [OVERALL] It was a lot sorry. I want you to have more policy. This sorry of that lead to the arrival point of the 40th anniversary. It is a strongly felt would model.

Dec 5, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #147 of 2,803
The reason I posted that was to comment on how his treble problem is similar to one or two of us in this thread, lol.

That and he totally attacked audio technica, which shouldn't come across as shocking, but I find his attitude towards the headphone funny as he hates the bass. Maybe it's a flawed pair? I might have that problem too, but even I don't know.

Dec 6, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #148 of 2,803
Hi , questions for you guys , how about the treble on the ATH-MSR7 is it harsh , sibilant ? Are the mids recessed ? How about the bass ?  I have to return the new Ultrasone Performance 880 because of the sibilance . Thanks in advance for your reply .

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #149 of 2,803
Tried an additional 2 more msr7s in 2 different stores. The 2nd item has a treble that's not that peaky. A bit refined than the other pair. But they sound un-natural in some tracks. Will hold off buying first and audition the cans in 2 weeks time and lets see if they age well :D

Dec 6, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #150 of 2,803
  Hi , questions for you guys , how about the treble on the ATH-MSR7 is it harsh , sibilant ? Are the mids recessed ? How about the bass ?  I have to return the new Ultrasone Performance 880 because of the sibilance . Thanks in advance for your reply .

The lower treble is lightly sibilant.

Quote:
Tried an additional 2 more msr7s in 2 different stores. The 2nd item has a treble that's not that peaky. A bit refined than the other pair. But they sound un-natural in some tracks. Will hold off buying first and audition the cans in 2 weeks time and lets see if they age well
biggrin.gif

Which tracks did you test them on? I would love to know if your definition of unnatural relates to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back