Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread
Jun 8, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #811 of 2,803
There's a seller on ebay, KencableUK or something along those lines, his cables work, they're just listed as aux cables though. He has a good selection of lengths from 0.5m to 5m from memory.
Will post a link when I'm back on a computer if you haven't already found it by then
Edit: quick Googling shows I was wrong about the name, it's Kenable Ltd.
Here's a link to the type of cable in question:http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/380832375018

Not Sure if this will be upgrade to stock cable.

Jun 8, 2015 at 8:55 AM Post #812 of 2,803
There's a seller on ebay, KencableUK or something along those lines, his cables work, they're just listed as aux cables though. He has a good selection of lengths from 0.5m to 5m from memory.
Will post a link when I'm back on a computer if you haven't already found it by then
Edit: quick Googling shows I was wrong about the name, it's Kenable Ltd.
Here's a link to the type of cable in question:http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/380832375018

Stock cable is very high-quality; if you need a replacement, fiio makes some nice ones that fit.

Jun 10, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #820 of 2,803
  Hello Guys, thinking of getting the MSR7's, how well do these sound without a Amp/DAC and what is a cheap <$100 Amp/DAC that goes well with these?

Very easy to drive from any source and sounds great even from my smartphone and crappy laptop!

Jun 10, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #821 of 2,803
  Hello Guys, thinking of getting the MSR7's, how well do these sound without a Amp/DAC and what is a cheap <$100 Amp/DAC that goes well with these?

Sounds great straight out of my iPhone 6.

Jun 16, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #822 of 2,803
Since my previous post in this thread (#789), I've determined that the MSR7 are no longer my favorite closed portable headphones from Audio-Technica.

No, they're not. They're my favorite closed portable headphones from any brand ever!
tongue.gif

I seriously can't get over the amazing value these headphones are. Saying that they sound amazing for $250 could be seen as a form of insult, since some might interpret that as "oh so they don't sound THAT good" or "anything that has a price qualifier can't sound that great!". But that's not what I mean. These headphones blow away nearly all of the other closed portable headphones I've heard, regardless of price. Heck, they even blow away some of the full-size closed headphones that I've heard too! And the fact that they do it for $250 is insane, absurd, and mindblowing!

Audio-Technica captured a rare form of fireworks in a bottle with the MSR7. These are probably the all-around best-ever headphones I've heard from them! It's unbelievably unreal that the MSR7 sounds as good as it does for its cost of $250. I'd honestly pay $500 for them, maybe even more, and wouldn't feel cheated!

Not that everyone will like the MSR7 though. Anyone who likes the kind of sound from the KEF M500, as one example, or the Senn HD600 as another, might not appreciate the MSR7. I'd consider the M500/HD600 and MSR7 to be roughly sonic opposites, or at best, sonic complements of each other....

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #823 of 2,803
  Since my previous post in this thread (#789), I've determined that the MSR7 are no longer my favorite closed portable headphones from Audio-Technica.

No, they're not. They're my favorite closed portable headphones from any brand ever!
tongue.gif

I seriously can't get over the amazing value these headphones are. Saying that they sound amazing for $250 could be seen as a form of insult, since some might interpret that as "oh so they don't sound THAT good" or "anything that has a price qualifier can't sound that great!". But that's not what I mean. These headphones blow away nearly all of the other closed portable headphones I've heard, regardless of price. Heck, they even blow away some of the full-size closed headphones that I've heard too! And the fact that they do it for $250 is insane, absurd, and mindblowing!

Audio-Technica captured a rare form of fireworks in a bottle with the MSR7. These are probably the all-around best-ever headphones I've heard from them! It's unbelievably unreal that the MSR7 sounds as good as it does for its cost of $250. I'd honestly pay $500 for them, maybe even more, and wouldn't feel cheated!

Not that everyone will like the MSR7 though. Anyone who likes the kind of sound from the KEF M500, as one example, or the Senn HD600 as another, might not appreciate the MSR7. I'd consider the M500/HD600 and MSR7 to be roughly sonic opposites, or at best, sonic complements of each other....

I feel pretty much the same way.  MSR7 is such an unexpected beast.

Jun 20, 2015 at 2:37 AM Post #824 of 2,803
As good as the MSR7 sounds, I've found myself wanting to use it less and less in the past few days, as the temperature has gotten a lot hotter here recently, translating to warm summer nights, and as a result, the pleather pads on the MSR7 have gotten hot & "sticky". As much as I hate to say it, I might have to stop using the MSR7 for the rest of the summer, which is sort of unfortunate. I don't really have a similar heat-related problem with the ES7, which I might have to fall back to.....

Jun 21, 2015 at 4:08 AM Post #825 of 2,803
http://www.e-earphone.jp/shop/shopbrand.html?search=msr7&prize1=msr7&sort=recommend&window=top

replacement earpad for MSR7 2700 yen
cable 1.2m 1080 yen
3.0m 1620 yen
1.2m w/ mich 3240 yen
pouch 1620 yen

After see those price, I think audio-technica should sell MSR7 with only 1.2m w/ mic cable + 1.2m cable + 1.8m extension. No need 3 different cables. And change the pouch to hardcase like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Headphones-MDR-XB920-MDR-XB900-NWZ-WH303-Accessories/dp/B00TYUR550/ref=sr_1_46?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1427640090&sr=1-46&keywords=Headphone+Case
I'm sure MSR7 will be sold like hotcakes.... Ah... I hope I can working at audio-technica 
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back