AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Aug 3, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #961 of 5,890
Mine arrives on Tuesday, excited to hear what properly tuned 8 Knowles BAs are capable of. :grinning:

I actually have a R1 Zenith (which I really like with some EQ) and have had an iSINE20, IE800, JVC FD01 and Massdrop Plus, we'll see how it stands against them.

Oh I'm interested in a comparison with the fd01. is yours modded?

Aug 3, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #962 of 5,890
Oh I'm interested in a comparison with the fd01. is yours modded?

I returned mine a few months ago, mainly because they arrieved open and dusty, but also because I prefered the iSINE20 in that time (which I already sold too).

However, I well remember the sound signature with and without the james444 mod. :wink:

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #963 of 5,890
I returned mine a few months ago, mainly because they arrieved open and dusty, but also because I prefered the iSINE20 in that time (which I already sold too).

However, I well remember the sound signature with and without the james444 mod. :wink:

oh nice. thanks. I am waiting to go to japan to listen to it but it wont be until end of this year

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:30 PM Post #964 of 5,890
New 4.4mm 4 core thick copper cable, and symbio w peels. I am happy still with the t800
20190803_192640.jpg

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #965 of 5,890
New 4.4mm 4 core thick copper cable, and symbio w peels. I am happy still with the t800

comparison with EX1000 and EX600?

I got EX1000 and EX600 too and currently using Sony IER M7.
How the bass extension and texture compared to them, imaging and layering and detail retrieval also. And how they hold congestion in really busy tracks? Thanks

Aug 3, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #966 of 5,890
comparison with EX1000 and EX600?

I got EX1000 and EX600 too and currently using Sony IER M7.
How the bass extension and texture compared to them, imaging and layering and detail retrieval also. And how they hold congestion in really busy tracks? Thanks

Ex1000 has better bass, always will. T800 has faster bass, but overall lacks impact and depth compared to ex1k but were comparing dynamic to BA here so not really fair. Ex1000 has better soundstage, has more depth to it, as well as overall space. T800 has great soundstage dont get me wrong, but isnt as deep or airy. T800 has more overall clarity and micro detail. Imaging isnt really much different. Congested pieces i feel the t800 due better in because of the speed of decay on BA drivers. As far as ex600 goes...i dont really use it other than for watching movies, the ex1000 is just so much better theres no point to me. The t800 and ex1000 present music different and i go back amd fourth i love them both honestly

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #969 of 5,890
I'm so on the on the fence with these, need Someone to push me off, one way or the other

What sound signature do u like and what are u looking for in an IEM? And any budget you looking at?

If u are treble sensitive the T800 may not be a good option for u though.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019 at 2:11 AM Post #970 of 5,890
I'm so on the on the fence with these, need Someone to push me off, one way or the other
There is one review on Russian audio forum, quick summary:
1) Treble sounds detailed, but tiny: hats and drums sound weak, as if drummer hit them with not enough force. Overall, high frequencies are clean.
2) Mids are good, not as sharp as BA usually makes them sound, though they sound a bit recessed.
3) Bass sounds like subwoofer with phase inverter: attacks are meh, some texture loss here and there, but overall low frequencies are ok, this is not a usual anemic BA bass.
4) They are really v-shaped, meaning that treble and bass will overpower mids.
5) Sound is too analytical, separation is too much (well, for the reviewer).

So, they aren't that much better than usual 300$ IEMs.

And one more thing that everyone on that forum said: they are really, really source dependent. Probably because of their very high sensitivity.

Aug 4, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #971 of 5,890
1) Treble sounds detailed, but tiny: hats and drums sound weak, as if drummer hit them with not enough force. Overall, high frequencies are clean.
2) Mids are good, not as sharp as BA usually makes them sound, though they sound a bit recessed.
3) Bass sounds like subwoofer with phase inverter: attacks are meh, some texture loss here and there, but overall low frequencies are ok, this is not a usual anemic BA bass.

And one more thing that everyone on that forum said: they are really, really source dependent. Probably because of their very high sensitivity.

Very high sensitivity?

These are rated at 90 dB, which is a pretty low value despite the low impedance (9 ohms).

Aug 4, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #972 of 5,890

+1
Pretty much agree with all of these points. But they do have a unique sound compared to other multi-BA setups, especially at this price point. Just depends what you are into.
I'm looking forward to adding filters to see how they change, hopefully for the better.

Aug 4, 2019 at 2:53 AM Post #975 of 5,890
Mine arrives on Tuesday, excited to hear what properly tuned 8 Knowles BAs are capable of. :grinning:

I actually have a R1 Zenith (which I really like with some EQ) and have had an iSINE20, IE800, JVC FD01 and Massdrop Plus, we'll see how it stands against them.
Very very interested in you comparing the fd01 to t800. My next iem will be one of the 2 but I am not sure which one has overall best vocals, soundstage and clarity. Your comparison would be absolutely great for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back