battle of the DJ headphones. sony mdr v700dj vs shure srh750dj (Poll)
Jan 24, 2011 at 10:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

bcasey25raptor

Aka: Brycon Casey
aka mental patient
aka Enter Darkness
aka Shurefan
aka reaperofaudio
aka everyone knows
aka very funny
which of these 2 headphones do you prefer
i prefer the shure's and yes i have heard both

a friend of mine has the sony's and they are falling apart. also i found they sounded pretty decent but had to much distortion. my vote goes to the shure's.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #5 of 28

Quote:
Lol this is like your 30th thread on the 750 DJ. I liked them when I owned them before, but this is over the top.

ya well these 2 headphones i have tried and i wanted to see what your opinions are on the sony mdr v700s.

Jan 24, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 28
whats the point of this thread? unless you're considering selling your HP's to get the Sony's, there's really no need to make another thread. i post a decent amount, and we joined the same month, yet you have 3x the amount of posts i have. this is getting a tad ridiculous

PS: i think it may be time for a break from headfi? just a suggestion

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #7 of 28

Quote:
whats the point of this thread? unless you're considering selling your HP's to get the Sony's, there's really no need to make another thread. i post a decent amount, and we joined the same month, yet you have 3x the amount of posts i have. this is getting a tad ridiculous

fine sorry. but taking a break from head fi is out of the question. i like it here to much. i have learned so much about headphones and audio. plus i have the right to post here if i want. but i will lay off posting threads. that have to do with the shures. but right now i am interested in amps.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #8 of 28
My country man is enjoying his headphone from futureshop sale. there's nothing wrong with you. It's HARD TO FIND Decent headphone at decent price here.  for 129, 750dj was the best headphone available in canada during boxing week. at least , unlike people bought beat monster for 200 and think they got the best headphone.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #9 of 28
I bought m50 for 101+ 20 dollar from ebay.ca i thought I got a good deal. Not untill i got charged a 20 dollar custom fee when i got those. in that way. Dj 750 is the one i should have gotten during chrismas.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #10 of 28

Quote:
My country man is enjoying his headphone from futureshop sale. there's nothing wrong with you. It's HARD TO FIND Decent headphone at decent price here.  for 129, 750dj was the best headphone available in canada during boxing week. at least , unlike people bought beat monster for 200 and think they got the best headphone.

thank you for that. and i disagree with shure only being good at iems. i find there over ear headphones exceptional for the price. for example the srh840 and 440 is highly regarded here.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #11 of 28
If you're serious in this, I can tell you that you could probably put any respectable, similarly priced headphone in the place of the SRH750DJ in this poll and it should win. And yes, I have heard the V700. I am probably unique in being one of the "regulars" around here who has intimate knowledge of its sound, having owned two of them over a period of eight years (the first one completely fell apart). All the other headphones I sampled seriously after it (V6, M50, SRH440, SR225i, DT880) were a revelation when compared back to the V700. Sony likely makes some good headphones (I've never heard any of the really high end ones), but these ain't it. I'm seriously going to post a (somewhat tongue-in-cheek) review of the V700 one of these days (in fact, I already started writing it, but I don't like the way it's coming so far). They're fascinating in that...well, I don't want to spoil it. Trust me, it's good. Well, bad, but you know what I mean. 
wink.gif

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #12 of 28
 shure is very good indeed. I was joking with you with the IEM thing lol. still burning my m50 in at the moment so they sounds so bit bad at the momemt but looks like your 750 DJ has burned in fully right?

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #13 of 28

Quote:
Quote:

fine sorry. but taking a break from head fi is out of the question. i like it here to much. i have learned so much about headphones and audio. plus i have the right to post here if i want. but i will lay off posting threads. that have to do with the shures. but right now i am interested in amps.

I wasn't trying to attack you if that's what you're thinking, but you have to admit you've been posting excessively. While you do have the right to post on here, just keep in mind that there's a search button, and the questions you're asking have likely been asked and answered before.

Jan 24, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #15 of 28

Quote:
which song do you use to test your 750 DJ  or rather use it to exploit its full potential just wondering?

i try playing bass heavy music like basshunter for the beginning. but i find pink floyd sounds really good with them. i find they are good for rock techno metal and that's about all i have tried. i find metal sounds better then rock on them though. pop and hip hop should sound good as well. and symphonic metal sounds amazing. so that is telling me that classical might sound good as well. but like i said i only tried the genres i mentioned. but any techno song is a good tester and any metal song as long as its recorded well will sound good. i find bad recordings sound terrible. but that's do to the fact these headphones are not very forgiving of low quality mp3s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back