Best headphones (and amp/dac for vocals (pop, ballads) ASAP
Nov 26, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #16 of 16
Quote:
Hmm, I can advise against the Q701 For vocals. I never felt the center stage was ever quite "there" so vocals sounded distant... Of course I also had an E7, which probably wasn't powerful enough, so YMMV.
If you don't mind weird instrument tonality, check out the ATH-AD2000. Supposedly the best HP for forward vocals...

AD2000's vocal sounded a little TOO much... which is quite rare. But I don't find that the AD2000 is worth the money. The HD598 easily bests it in the soundstage department with a greater frontal and rear depth to it. For strictly vocals, I'd look into the HD600 if you already owned the 598/ 650. But out of the lot for vocals, the 598 was my favorite. 

Another suggestion that I can make is listen to the modded Fostex T50rp - the Mad Dogs. Pretty cheap at around $300 and apparently do vocals very well, with deep bass extension. I have never heard the phone myself, but apparently many people believe these compare favorably against flagships like the LCD-2 and HE-500. There are many threads about this, and it isn't pure hype. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back