Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #4,771 of 7,916
Test htc10 already. Since it is not my taste (too bassy for me). So I think i will let someone who really love this SQ review it woild be better.

Answer your another question, it can beat on quality of course refering to my list, pro5 vibe x3 v10 letv pro/max, mi note pro. All of it quite same detail same sounstage level as fiio x3ii. It is juust different tone (more warm or bright individually)

Only thing DAP advance than smartphone is power output for dribing fullsize. In case you just use mid tier uiem ciem, audiophile smartphone is more than enough.

thank you for your reply
You sound pretty much like an expert to me, as i perviously mentioned i just bought a Hifiman HE400S (22 ohm open back planar magnetic)
do you think that the LG V20 will be my best option or should i wait for something like the HTC11 (with boom sound turned off)
Vivo is not an option where i live, although i can order it online (yet i still prefer to use my 200gb card)
i really want the best possible clarity in a smartphone, especially in the mids, i don't care for loudness, & I'm not a bass head.

Oct 24, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #4,772 of 7,916
hi
a planar on a mobile phone, phew.
although 400s is easy to drive, for a planar, you're demand will not be met by any mobile IMHO.
what I read, only LG v10, v20, HTC 10 have enough juice, if any at all for your need.

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:48 AM Post #4,773 of 7,916
hi
a planar on a mobile phone, phew.
although 400s is easy to drive, for a planar, you're demand will not be met by any mobile IMHO.
what I read, only LG v10, v20, HTC 10 have enough juice, if any at all for your need.

I've seen a youtube video, where they drive a Sennheiser hd800s by using the V20 !!!
i dont want to buy the astell & kern jr, as I'm already sick of the fiio X3
all i want is just a phone, i want the absolute best in terms of clarity

Oct 24, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #4,774 of 7,916
I've seen a youtube video, where they drive a Sennheiser hd800s by using the V20 !!!
i dont want to buy the astell & kern jr, as I'm already sick of the fiio X3
all i want is just a phone, i want the absolute best in terms of clarity

If you're talking about Max Lee, he knows little to nothing about audio. I wouldn't take anything he says to heart.

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #4,775 of 7,916

thank you for sharing these findings, only if he had an Honor 8 or an HTC10 to test them out, this comparison would be perfect.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I've been looking for a phone for my girlfriend for a while. Honor 8 was an interesting choice so I watched and read some reviews about it and the general opinion seemed to be that the SQ in headphones was pretty meh. You know, the reviewers are often far from experts when it comes to sound and will say that something sounds good when objectively it really shouldn't. But when even they say that the audio quality sucks then it's bad news. But who knows for sure.

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #4,776 of 7,916
If you're talking about Max Lee, he knows little to nothing about audio. I wouldn't take anything he says to heart.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I've been looking for a phone for my girlfriend for a while. Honor 8 was an interesting choice so I watched and read some reviews about it and the general opinion seemed to be that the SQ in headphones was pretty meh. You know, the reviewers are often far from experts when it comes to sound and will say that something sounds good when objectively it really shouldn't. But when even they say that the audio quality sucks then it's bad news. But who knows for sure.

So which phone would any of you recommend to drive my Hifimans ?

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #4,777 of 7,916
one that you have listened to yourself with your headphones... to be perfectly honest :wink:
if not possible, buy one from the list that suits you.
there is no best, SQ is individually best, so they will always discuss around new vs old, etc.
take those that have been mentioned several times positively.
and start listening to your (head)phones :wink:

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #4,778 of 7,916
one that you have listened to yourself with your headphones... to be perfectly honest
wink.gif

if not possible, buy one from the list that suits you.
there is no best, SQ is individually best, so they will always discuss around new vs old, etc.
take those that have been mentioned several times positively.
and start listening to your (head)phones
wink.gif

i can go to a store and try out any testing sample i want, except for the V20 which is new.
i really appreciated artpiggo's findings
i specifically pointed out that i need super clear mids, and i don't care for any extended bass or volume, i need a neutral sounding phone that is capable of driving my headphones clearly & sufficiently

it looks like that i'll be buying the V20 blindly, since the meizu pro 5 is too old

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:23 AM Post #4,779 of 7,916
Hi again.
Xiaomi presented Mi Note 2:
"S7 EDGE" like screen 5,7 OLED
Qualcomm 821 2,35 GHz
Dual Channel DDR4 6 GB for 2 versions and 4 GB for budget
128GB UFS 2.0 for 2 versions and 64 for budget
Battery 4070mAh, QuickCharge 3.0
NFC full support
Sound: AQUATIC high quality audio processor 192 kHz 24 bit
Camera: 22,56 MPX, 3-dimensional OIS, 4k support
4G 600mbps, top version of smartphone will support all bands.
MIUI 8

Price:
4gb+64gb 2799¥
6gb+128gb 3299¥
6gb+128gb all bands 3499¥

And now i don't even know, what is better: LG or Xiaomi)  

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #4,780 of 7,916
wait to see mi mix.

Oct 25, 2016 at 3:52 AM Post #4,782 of 7,916
  Sound hardware of Mi Note 2
http://www.mi.com/en/minote/hifi/

H
i-Fi audio decoder   
ESS ES9018K2M
Two stage amp          Texas Instruments OPA1612; ​
Custom ADI ADA4896​
Studio quality            192kHz/24bit
Supports                    DSD/DXD/AIFF/FLAC/APE​

You are wrong. it is spec of Mi note 1.

Mi note 2 use Qualcomm dac. Don't be hyped.

Oct 25, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #4,784 of 7,916
  Oh(
Sorry guys) My fail. 
Just i can't find any information about this AQUATIC sound. 
It would be sad if mi note 2 really doesn't have good dedicated dac and amp. 

Aqstic is qualcomm dac (sound on board)

Just assume it has good overall spec for daily use as smartphone not for audiophile.

If I buy this just because of the design and MIUI...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back