Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #4,789 of 7,916
I just received Letv 1 pro, and not happy with SQ :frowning2:
with hifi off its balanced but for me not better than Sony Z3.
with hifi on its the usual game, louder and high/low boost. don't know if hifi on is the dedicated DAC, but even the fact of that switch makes me thinking, how will you know on such DAC combo phones, which DAC you're actually listening to :/

SQ is personal choice. I read some ppl hate Z3 for its sound... in my combo with inear SD2 I (!) like it very much...

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #4,790 of 7,916
Aqstic is qualcomm dac (sound on board)

Just assume it has good overall spec for daily use as smartphone not for audiophile.

If I buy this just because of the design and MIUI...

If you do decide to get it, please do let us know your opinion of it!

This year has been disappointment upon disappointment - Meizu Pro 6 not coming with Exynos version/improved DAC, LG V20 still having all the LG hardware issues and Xiaomi Mi Note 2 utilizing Aqstic instead of ESS combo...

Oct 25, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #4,791 of 7,916

This year has been disappointment upon disappointment - Meizu Pro 6 not coming with Exynos version/improved DAC, LG V20 still having all the LG hardware issues and Xiaomi Mi Note 2 utilizing Aqstic instead of ESS combo...

This is why I'm actively seeking a cheap Android phone running 6.0 to output digitally to an amp/DAC. There really doesn't seem to be a great solution this year - The htc 10 and V20 are both compelling in their own way but certainly not perfect, and neither will compete with a dedicated amp/dac like the Fiio Q1. As long as the phone can output digitally (bypassing the phone's DAC completely), this solution is less expensive and of a higher quality.

The drawback, of course, being now you have an extra device (stack) to carry around. But hey! At least this way you can drive big, higher impedance cans on the go!

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #4,792 of 7,916

If dx200 worth a deal for me. I will get this phone cuz i dont have to concern about sq anymore. Let's see.

Since this year no any phones catch my interest so far.

Oct 25, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #4,793 of 7,916
I just received Letv 1 pro, and not happy with SQ :frowning2:
with hifi off its balanced but for me not better than Sony Z3.
with hifi on its the usual game, louder and high/low boost. don't know if hifi on is the dedicated DAC, but even the fact of that switch makes me thinking, how will you know on such DAC combo phones, which DAC you're actually listening to :/

SQ is personal choice. I read some ppl hate Z3 for its sound... in my combo with inear SD2 I (!) like it very much...

Please let hifi off. Hifi on for letv pro is dolby atmos.

But sorry to hear that letv pro is not for your taste. :frowning2:

Oct 25, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #4,795 of 7,916
But the screen is a basic LCD not OLED, i will pass as always and stay with LG Flex for now.

Avoid OLED - they screen burn - and quite fast. 

Edgeless design - very very bad idea on Xiami. 

Miui has very bad rejection at edges, it'll be impossible to use without edges. Especially at that size. 

While I would be interested, I already have Xiaomi mi max and it does pretty much everything I need. Maybe if they bring a bigger screen phone, I would be interested~ 

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #4,796 of 7,916
Burning screen issues with the OLED is a thing of the past.If you reqd about Note 7 screen ( yes Galaxy Note 7 ) on the www.displaymate.com the best website for screen testing and calibration you will see that the mentioned screen is the best in the world and OLED improves every year.
Even a basic 5 years old Samsung S2 with a 4.3 inch screen and 800x480 resolution with RGB stripes has colour and black level like no other LCD.
OLED is the future and trust me i know and read everything possible about it.
Another great source is:www.oled-info.com
Salut:thumbsup:

Oct 25, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #4,797 of 7,916
Burning screen issues with the OLED is a thing of the past.If you reqd about Note 7 screen ( yes Galaxy Note 7 ) on the www.displaymate.com the best website for screen testing and calibration you will see that the mentioned screen is the best in the world and OLED improves every year.
Even a basic 5 years old Samsung S2 with a 4.3 inch screen and 800x480 resolution with RGB stripes has colour and black level like no other LCD.
OLED is the future and trust me i know and read everything possible about it.
Another great source is:www.oled-info.com
Salut:thumbsup:

Salut! 
biggrin.gif

It's not that I don't believe they are the best while they work... It's more like every single shop that has an OLED AMOLED or any Organic based display presents heavy traces of burn in... 

There's that honor from huawei that is huge as a phone, with an AMOLED display. 

(I can't use small phones... My fingers are thicker than sausages and I happen to mistype a lot if having a small screen phone.)

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #4,799 of 7,916

Hype! for sure it will have dedicated dacs or amps like first Mi Note

and 128GB as standard for storage, perfect, no need for SD cards as there is also a 256gb version, looks promising

It is Qualcomm dac...better not expect too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back