Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro X Anniversary model
Jan 26, 2024 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 106

plakat

Headphoneus Supremus
Now that came as quite a surprise to me... first I thought, oh, another one misnaming the DT700. But now, there now *is* a DT770 Pro X, utilizing the new Stellar.45 drivers like the DT700. It even comes with a detachable cable...
Notification is available, with availability end of April. Seems to be some kind of limited edition. Price is 199€

IMG_2166.jpgIMG_2164.jpgIMG_2163.jpgIMG_2165.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 106
Yay detachable cable, hope there's a balanced option with that plug. I've had the DT700 before, and it's tuned softer more like the dt1770. I'll still grab one to see if it's got the deep bass extension, maybe the took the treble peak down a wee bit.

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:09 PM Post #3 of 106
Yay detachable cable, hope there's a balanced option with that plug. I've had the DT700 before, and it's tuned softer more like the dt1770. I'll still grab one to see if it's got the deep bass extension, maybe the took the treble peak down a wee bit.
I'd expect a tuning similar to the DT700, but the webpage talks about preserving the DT770 signature. I still hope that the bass keeps the cleaned up DT700 features...
The plug is a 3-pin mini-XLR, so no balanced here. But what for anyway? The new drivers are very efficient and have a low impedance anyway. Beyerdynamic have cables with integrated DAC available for their headphones with mini-XLR, those should work with this model as well.

The DT700 pads were really comfortable... I don't know if going back to the DT770 pads will work for me. Not that they were bad, but the new ones were... even better. Softer.
I do like the updated design and think they look better than the DT700 -- esp. the new old headband with the addition of space at the top of the head.

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 106
The old style (DT770) Headband cheapens the look (but will, I assume, work just as well). The cable seems the same as the 700ProX and is absolutely fine. Now, I have read that a few found the length of the plug protracting from the headphone bothersome as it touches the shoulders/neck. This was never an issue for me but I don't tend to bop my head like crazy. If you do ... .

I would assume it will sound the same as the 700 ProX and that is in my opinion a good thing, plus it's cheaper. As for Special Edition, I wished they came up with a slightly more upmarket version of the 700 Pro X, perhaps with a bit more metal and/or some accessories ie case, balanced cable, extra pads ... useful stuff ... .

Jan 26, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #5 of 106
I'd expect a tuning similar to the DT700, but the webpage talks about preserving the DT770 signature. I still hope that the bass keeps the cleaned up DT700 features...
The plug is a 3-pin mini-XLR, so no balanced here. But what for anyway? The new drivers are very efficient and have a low impedance anyway. Beyerdynamic have cables with integrated DAC available for their headphones with mini-XLR, those should work with this model as well.

The DT700 pads were really comfortable... I don't know if going back to the DT770 pads will work for me. Not that they were bad, but the new ones were... even better. Softer.
I do like the updated design and think they look better than the DT700 -- esp. the new old headband with the addition of space at the top of the head.
I got a notification about this headphone in email from Beyer. I am thinking about getting this one because sadly on the DT 700/900 Pro X the headband didn't work for me as it caused a bad hot spot on the top of my head; so getting the Stellar.45 drivers in a more traditional Beyer housing with an improved headband would be ideal, the notch in the middle will likely work out perfectly. The old design also means easy pad rolling so I can tweak it if I want to.

Jan 27, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #6 of 106
Now that came as quite a surprise to me... first I thought, oh, another one misnaming the DT700. But now, there now *is* a DT770 Pro X, utilizing the new Stellar.45 drivers like the DT700. It even comes with a detachable cable...
Notification is available, with availability end of April. Seems to be some kind of limited edition. Price is 199€
Coming a DT880 Pro X and/or DT990 Pro X with Stellar 45 drivers too?

Jan 27, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #8 of 106
Love the design, I prefer the comfort of the classic design over the proX series. As I prefer the sound of the dt770 over the dt700proX (bit boring) I'm looking forward to listen the new one. Unfortunately I don't need more headphones.:dt880smile:

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:04 AM Post #9 of 106
quite a disappointment for a 100 year anniversary. A DT770 with DT700 ProX parts? That's it? Even for the 90 year jubilee they did something more with a limited edition T90 and T1, heck even for the 88th anniversary they made a DT770 but at least came in the old Beyer box design.

I was really hoping for more like a DT-48 re-release or a new hi-end

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:21 AM Post #10 of 106
quite a disappointment for a 100 year anniversary. A DT770 with DT700 ProX parts? That's it? Even for the 90 year jubilee they did something more with a limited edition T90 and T1, heck even for the 88th anniversary they made a DT770 but at least came in the old Beyer box design.

I was really hoping for more like a DT-48 re-release or a new hi-end
Im not exactly unhappy with the choice. Would I buy a limited edition T1? Probably not. I don’t need more headphones and would not want to park 1k+
DT770X? Probably yes.
But of course you have a point, 100 years is quite an accomplishment… that might call for extraordinary festivities. I don’t know more than you, but the year is still young. Maybe they have something up their sleeve.

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:26 AM Post #11 of 106
Im not exactly unhappy with the choice. Would I buy a limited edition T1? Probably not. I don’t need more headphones and would not want to park 1k+
DT770X? Probably yes.
But of course you have a point, 100 years is quite an accomplishment… that might call for extraordinary festivities. I don’t know more than you, but the year is still young. Maybe they have something up their sleeve.
I mean the DT770 is arguably their most well known model and the model with the most limited editions and variants, so I'm not too surprised. What I am surprised is that the DT770 Pro X is a limited model for the time being given it has A LOT of good stuff from the DT700 Pro X. I hope this is some sort of trial run for a new a revised series of Pro X headphones for the DT770, DT880 and DT990.

Still, I was hoping for a Beyerdynamic electrostat. It wouldn't be their first and they still got some know how from still making condensor mics.

Feb 26, 2024 at 1:14 AM Post #12 of 106
I'm on several waiting lists for them and going to post a review as soon as they arrive. I've had the DT900 and DT700 and every other Beyerdynamic except a couple of the older ones like 660 (the 860 was fun though).

Mar 29, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #14 of 106
Just ordered a pair of these on Amazon. Should have it Saturday. Very curious about these. I hope they release more Century edition headphones but as a Beyer fan I feel this is a must own for me. I have no experience with the original DT 770 Pro so can’t personally make any comparisons to it even from memory.

Here is an early break-down/review of the DT 770 Pro X by Custom Cans.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #15 of 106
Just ordered a pair of these on Amazon. Should have it Saturday. Very curious about these. I hope they release more Century edition headphones but as a Beyer fan I feel this is a must own for me. I have no experience with the original DT 770 Pro so can’t personally make any comparisons to it even from memory.

Here is an early break-down/review of the DT 770 Pro X by Custom Cans.

Interesting… Beyerdynamic.de still says „available end of April“
Let us know what you think once you receive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back