Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro X Anniversary model
Mar 29, 2024 at 3:01 AM Post #16 of 105
Interesting… Beyerdynamic.de still says „available end of April“
Let us know what you think once you receive them.
Yeah looks like some sellers are selling them a bit early, so I’m taking advantage of getting them early while also fulfilled by Amazon (I only buy from Amazon directly or fulfilled by Amazon from amazon.com in case something goes wrong). The Beyerdynamic North American website also says available End of April. Will do, eager to listen to them, haven’t gotten a new closed-back in a while. I really liked what I heard with the Stellar.45 drivers on the DT 700/900, so quite curious how a differently tuned version of it will sound like.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #17 of 105
Yeah looks like some sellers are selling them a bit early, so I’m taking advantage of getting them early while also fulfilled by Amazon. The Beyerdynamic North American website also says available End of April. Will do, eager to listen to them, haven’t gotten a new closed-back in a while. I really liked what I heard with the Stellar.45 drivers on the DT 700/900, so quite curious how a differently tuned version of it will sound like.
Yes, definitely interesting. The DT700 sounded quite good to my ears, but I always liked the DT770 headband better. Yet the DT770 tuning started to show its age for me, so I’m very curious about a new take on that.
They seem quite proud of that new driver, and it does deliver I think.
Looking forward to your feedback!

Mar 29, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #18 of 105
Yes, definitely interesting. The DT700 sounded quite good to my ears, but I always liked the DT770 headband better. Yet the DT770 tuning started to show its age for me, so I’m very curious about a new take on that.
They seem quite proud of that new driver, and it does deliver I think.
Looking forward to your feedback!
Yeah same here, I quite liked the DT 700 Pro X. I always held Beyers drivers in high regard. Every single one I heard is exceptional in some way especially for the price. Some may have poor tuning stock but always felt they had a ton of untapped potential, especially the DT 48/480 driver.

I mostly have and listen to open-backs such as the T1.3, HD 660S2, ATH-R70x, HD 600, etc. Only closed backs I currently have are a modified DT 480, an ATH-A990Z, and a K275.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 4:35 PM Post #20 of 105
Well they sent me the wrong headphone, got a new DT 700 Pro X instead, it's a more expensive headphone so debating whether to just keep it.
Sorry to hear that... would have been nice to get some early impressions.

Mar 30, 2024 at 4:47 PM Post #22 of 105
Yeah it would've, it's okay as the DT 700 is a headphone I really like, but was hoping to try those out early and get some impressions in. I did buy fulfilled by amazon so returns are no hassle.
I wonder how often that will happen even once they are available… just so similar model names…
But yes, the 700 is a nice headphone. I even considered rebuying it together with one of those new DAC cables. Which should fit the DT770X as well btw

Mar 30, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #23 of 105
I wonder how often that will happen even once they are available… just so similar model names…
But yes, the 700 is a nice headphone. I even considered rebuying it together with one of those new DAC cables. Which should fit the DT770X as well btw
Yeah that is true, this is the first time I’ve gotten the wrong headphone sent, decided to keep the DT 700 as it’s cheaper than I’ve ever seen them new and I was never able to spend proper time with the DT 700 as I got a used pair instead of new first time so I sent them back shortly after getting them. I am considering one of those Dac cables as well. Oh Beyer states it will work with the DT 770X on the website

If I decide to get the DT 770 Pro X I’ll get it directly from Beyer’s website.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 8:05 PM Post #25 of 105
I also ordered from the Amazon page and was just delivered the DT 700 Pro X as well. Don't order from Zorro Sounds.
Okay so wasn't just me that got a DT 700, I looked into them a bit today and people had problems with them. Basically that listing is a DT 700 Pro X for $200 and one should only order from that listing if they want a deal on a DT 700.

For those wanting a DT 770 Pro X from amazon.com, wait till Beyerdynamic USA, Kaviso, 6AVE, Buy Top Tech are the sellers. Those are some of the authorized retailers of Beyer in the US.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #26 of 105
Okay so wasn't just me that got a DT 700, I looked into them a bit today and people had problems with them. Basically that listing is a DT 700 Pro X for $200 and one should only order from that listing if they want a deal on a DT 700.
If you look at the back of the DT 700 Pro X box they slapped a DT 770 Pro X sticker barcode over the actual real barcode.

Mar 30, 2024 at 8:09 PM Post #27 of 105
If you look at the back of the DT 700 Pro X box they slapped a DT 770 Pro X sticker barcode over the actual real barcode.
Yeah mine was like that too

IMG_8602.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back