BGVP discussion thread DM7/ DM6/DMG and NEW BA series
Apr 2, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #3,347 of 5,353
Apr 2, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #3,350 of 5,353
Apr 2, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #3,351 of 5,353
I spend a few hours playing with the DM6 and a 75ohm adapter. Immediate impressions? Bass and high end treble take 4 steps back, mids take 2 steps forward. You end up with an entirely different sound signature. At this point I added a bunch of bass, say +8db from 20hz and rolled off to around 100hz. If you are a person that got the DM6 and wants more mids, I suggest actually getting a 15-30 ohm adapter. I think this will make the IEM extremely balanced in a way EQ cannot do.

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #3,352 of 5,353
I spend a few hours playing with the DM6 and a 75ohm adapter. Immediate impressions? Bass and high end treble take 4 steps back, mids take 2 steps forward. You end up with an entirely different sound signature. At this point I added a bunch of bass, say +8db from 20hz and rolled off to around 100hz. If you are a person that got the DM6 and wants more mids, I suggest actually getting a 15-30 ohm adapter. I think this will make the IEM extremely balanced in a way EQ cannot do.
What kind of adapter are we talking about

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #3,353 of 5,353
The one Im testing is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FMG8144/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had no idea what to try at first. (and yeah I meat 80ohm not 75, oops).

So a 15-30 ohm adapter would do what this one does, but not as much. Honestly, im going to get one and test because some days I want more sugar in my coffee, and some days I want it black if you know what I mean.

These are hard to find but here is a 20ohm adapter
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Impe...7e1f:m:msl3vGtZnwXprEITP58EDow&frcectupt=true

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2019 at 6:35 PM Post #3,354 of 5,353
The one Im testing is this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FMG8144/ref=oh_aui_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had no idea what to try at first. (and yeah I meat 80ohm not 75, oops).

So a 15-30 ohm adapter would do what this one does, but not as much. Honestly, im going to get one and test because some days I want more sugar in my coffee, and some days I want it black if you know what I mean.

These are hard to find but here is a 20ohm adapter
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5mm-Impe...7e1f:m:msl3vGtZnwXprEITP58EDow&frcectupt=true

I bought the IFI Earbuddy to use with my LG V30.
I believe it only has 2-3ohm impedance and it is enough to care of all noise issues for me with minimal if no effect to the sound signature.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #3,355 of 5,353
I bought the IFI Earbuddy to use with my LG V30.
I believe it only has 2-3ohm impedance and it is enough to care of all noise issues for me with minimal if no effect to the sound signature.

i also have the earbuddy, and though it also attenuate volume output like impedance adapter do, the end sound result is different.

using impedance adapter on BA drivers will decrease bass and increase mids and treble (thr more the impedance, the more the effect), and using it on dynamic driver will give it an overall smoother effect and slower impact.

the earbuddy, while also slightly change the sound, manage to maintain the original sound significant enough compared to straight up impedance adapter.

using earbuddy on lesser quality DAC like cellphones is a great thing, as it really increase the headroom (provided the amp section can still push the volume loud enough after the attenuation). i always pack it with me when travelling. especially work wonders on the infamously noisy airplane audio system

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #3,356 of 5,353
I heard the treble differently with that 80 ohm adapter. It is definitely lower. So I would disagree that increasing impedance causes treble peaking.

Apr 2, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #3,357 of 5,353
I am a simple man using the DM6 on my new FiiO M9 with a $30 balanced cable from Amazon. I listen mostly to neofolk/darkwave/metal. Is there anything I should know about how to optimize the sound without buying anything/much else?

I can't place why, but my VSonic GR07 37th Anniv sounded better on my old FiiO X1. I don't have the VSonic anymore, so can't exactly compare.

Apr 3, 2019 at 12:56 AM Post #3,360 of 5,353
Hell, all of them! Comply foam. Spinfits. Various flanged types. Hybrid foam / silicone. etc etc. All sound different. Also you can experiment moving the tip of the bore deeper or more shallow in the tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back