Bicycle-Fi!
Jun 24, 2008 at 10:20 PM Post #46 of 4,427
Quote:

Originally Posted by hmai18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
700c is the diameter of your rim, so you need 700c tires.

Current stable:

[ig]http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/5389/caad8cc5.jpg[/img]

50cm 2006 Cannondale CAAD8 frame

[ig]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/1020/n90400965321456845145py9.jpg[/img]

Chromed track frame of unknown lineage.
Dura Ace/Velocity Aerohead wheels (single-sided fixed)
48t Sugino crank with 19t EAI cog

Which one fits you better? The short and stocky C'dale (50cm) or the Fixy (52-54 cm).

Jun 24, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #47 of 4,427
my uni-fi. No joke that is mine, although it has a white wheel now...

main.php

Jun 25, 2008 at 1:22 AM Post #48 of 4,427
[size=medium]RATS![/size] WTB 700x37c too big for the 1997 steel Fuji Roubaix - going to Schwabe Marathon Plus 700x28c.

Terry Beetle saddle makes Cannondale F700 muy butt happy!

hmai18: that looks just like my 1976 Sentinal except it was chrome with red. *lust*
biggrin.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #49 of 4,427
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmozilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my uni-fi. No joke that is mine, although it has a white wheel now...

main.php

Hmm....uni-trials eh??? I couldn't do it, but props to those that actually can.

Any vids of you?

Jun 25, 2008 at 3:45 AM Post #50 of 4,427
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which one fits you better? The short and stocky C'dale (50cm) or the Fixy (52-54 cm).

They're both pretty close in fit. I was professionally fitted on the Cannondale when I moved all of the parts over from an older 54cm frame that was too big.

The fit on the fixie could probably be tweaked a bit more, but I'm pretty comfortable on it in most positions. The only pain is that my favorite position on the road bike isn't as comfortable on the fixie because I don't have the shifters to grasp.

Jun 25, 2008 at 7:14 AM Post #53 of 4,427
I trail ride down here in South Florida every so often...

Using a Raleigh M80 with Mavic crossrides. I use the rockshox suspension seat post...it takes the bite off my trail ride. Im just not a dual suspension type of guy.

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:28 AM Post #54 of 4,427
mybikeqg3.jpg

My new Orange Gringo. Custom built
smily_headphones1.gif

Spec:
Orange Gringo disc specific alloy frame 19 inch Colour: Titanium blue
Rock Shox Reba Race Forks 100mm travel in Diffusion Black with Poploc remote lockout and compression adjust - Dual air spring, motion control, external rebound and floodgate adjust
Avid Juicy 3 SL disc Brakes 203mm front, 185mm rear G2 Clean sweep discs (New)
Wheels - DT swiss 445D rims, Specialized stout sealed cartridge bearing front hub, shimano 475 rear hub, Black hubs,spokes and rims (New)
Tioga Factory XC front/rear specific tyres
LX Shifters 9 speed
LX Front mech 9 speed
XT Rear mech 9 speed
XT Hollowtech 2 Chainset 9 speed
Shimano Cassette 9 speed (new)
Sram PC 951 chain 9 speed
Pedals shimano SPD's in silver
Yeti Grips, Viscount Titanium railed saddle, Kore Forged Alloy seatpost, FSA XC 170 stem, Club Roost Go Fast XC Bar

Jun 25, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #55 of 4,427
Quote:

Originally Posted by indysmith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My new Orange Gringo. Custom built
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice bike, Indy! Just the thing for cowtrailin' . . .
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Taunton Trials - 2008

Very cool, but there should have been more out takes.

Jun 26, 2008 at 1:27 AM Post #57 of 4,427
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordmozilla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
YouTube - Taunton Trials 2008

Sorry no videos of me on this new pink one ehehe

Which are you?

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:34 AM Post #58 of 4,427
I prefer a bicycle without shocks. IMHO they waste a lot of verticle energy that could be used for horizontal (moving forward) energy. I also ride 100% on public roads not off-road. I had a MT. BIKE for about 1 week and returned that to Sports Authority under their return policy. I bought a TREK FX3. I am much happier with this bicycle.

Jun 26, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #59 of 4,427
Less talk, more bicycle pr0n!
Just kidding. I parked next to one of these on campus the other day and now I wants it!

21silverbluerh8.jpg

Also, any recommendations for a saddle for an mtb that's used 75% on the street? I was looking at this one Any others in that price range?

Jun 26, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #60 of 4,427
Since I was still mad at myself for not getting a ride in yesterday, I got my errornet procrastinating out of the way early and by 0800 was kitted out and taking down my Fuji Roubaix. Back tire was flat and wouldn't hold air, so off it came and shortly after that the tube was out for inspection. Wheel had one of those cheap rubber bands on it, soon found where that had failed and a spoke cut the tube. Tried to readjust the cut away from the spoke well, re-assembled and inflated. Back on the bike, it popped while I was filling the front tire. Velox tape was ordered but not here yet, so the Fuji went back up and the F700 Cannondale came down. Different shoes, tires up to 60PSI, HeadShok locked out, and, voila; instant alternate road bike.
biggrin.gif

Now I'm riding on the clock until I get back in shape. Started at 40 minutes, then 60, and today was for 80. Suburban streets chosen for interest and skills testing to county park with miles of paved bike paths. Park expanded the bike trails since I stopped riding years ago and today I managed to find myself seven miles from home in a hurry. But it's not crowded on a weekday morning, mostly secluded mix of meadows, woods, and lakes. Lots of wildlife. Besides the usual rodents and birds, I saw a nice big wild turkey hen and a mink heading off with a lesser rodent in its mouth for breakfast. Very pleasant.

Home in 85 minutes; 20 oz bottle of OP's energy drink (2/3 strength lemonade mix with salt substitute) empty. Cool down, hit the shower and ready for the day.
Quote:

Also, any recommendations for a saddle for an mtb that's used 75% on the street? I was looking at this one Any others in that price range?

I could not see the price on the Big Earl, but I'm really happy with this new saddle (and the price was right): Terry Beetle Bike Saddle (For Men) - Save 36%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back